android
Old 03-13-2011, 04:46 AM

Default thinking about getting a zune hd

hey everyone, been searching and have some questions about the zune software, did it ever receive the dj feature? i know how good the zune is with music and all but what im looking for in a pmp player is for a dj mode, like for the music to have no gaps or stops and the next song starts before the 1st one ends, does the zune have this feature or does anyone know a pmp with this feature? thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-13-2011, 06:31 AM

crossfading? nah

Old 03-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Eh, I don't know of any PMP with that sort of features, and the closest you'll probably get is something with gapless playback. As of right now, gapless on the HD works with certain non-DRM codecs, but if you plan on using the Zune Pass (which is all DRMed), then you won't get anywhere near gapless. I think you're getting thrown off by the name of the Smart DJ feature. It's not a DJing feature, it's just like Apple's Genius. It identifies what music you like, and throws in some other music that's similar that you might like as well.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Eh, I don't know of any PMP with that sort of features, and the closest you'll probably get is something with gapless playback. As of right now, gapless on the HD works with certain non-DRM codecs, but if you plan on using the Zune Pass (which is all DRMed), then you won't get anywhere near gapless. I think you're getting thrown off by the name of the Smart DJ feature. It's not a DJing feature, it's just like Apple's Genius. It identifies what music you like, and throws in some other music that's similar that you might like as well.

thank u for the help so far. i do plan on using the zune pass and i've heard about the smart dj software but i thought i read something a while back about being able to have gapless or have a "dj" type mode coming in a update. i'm not trying to dj with it or anything. i just like that feature. i like the media monkey software and was hoping to have those features on a pmp

Old 03-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, if you want crossfading and gapless playback, a player that can be Rockboxed is your best bet...

Old 03-13-2011, 04:55 PM

The gaps depend on the recording of the song. non-DRM songs are gapless unless the recording has a couple sec of the song over with nothing playing . But zune pass songs do in a way.

Also Smart Dj is like genious on the ipod, but if you have zune pass and connected to wifi it is like a pandora personal playlist of songs in the marketplace that you can download on the spot if you choose to

Old 03-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmm yea, I don't know of any player that has crossfading abilities, but it's important to understand that any music you have from the Zune Pass won't be fully gapless. I've heard of complaints about a slight click in between songs or slight pauses. Any rumors you hear about features "coming soon" probably aren't reliable.