android
Old 03-01-2011, 04:10 PM

Default I GOT My new J3!!!!

I am glad to say I joined to the group of J3's oweners!
Until now I please with him... may be cause the only song I heard is friends And Lovers. I went to the shop and they let me tried both of COWON J3 and also COWON X7..

The player is great until now I like the radio and the many options this suggest and the easy way of putting movies.

I still have doubts if I did the right choice, I compared between them in screen and I noticed that the LCD screen of X7 almost don't have colors as opposed to J3 amoled screen, but the problem is the X7 was on the lowest level of brightness while j3 was the higher level of brightness. so I chose the COWON J3 because of level brightness? You think the COWON X7 can have more colours than J3 if his level was higher?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-01-2011, 04:14 PM

I forgot , thanks you fourom J3 and Fourom X7 to answer my questions and all my help,
specailly thanks: musichound ,The DarkSide ,dfkt
thanks also to all thuse that I forgot (no bad)

Old 03-02-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoyLoyOoyLoL View Post
I am glad to say I joined to the group of J3's oweners!
Until now I please with him... may be cause the only song I heard is friends And Lovers. I went to the shop and they let me tried both of COWON J3 and also COWON X7..

The player is great until now I like the radio and the many options this suggest and the easy way of putting movies.

I still have doubts if I did the right choice, I compared between them in screen and I noticed that the LCD screen of X7 almost don't have colors as opposed to J3 amoled screen, but the problem is the X7 was on the lowest level of brightness while j3 was the higher level of brightness. so I chose the COWON J3 because of level brightness? You think the COWON X7 can have more colours than J3 if his level was higher?
Here is a basic break down of LCD vs. OLED:

• Non-mono OLED screens have appoximately 16.7 million colors (24 bit), which dwarfs the normal 262,000 colors (dithered 18 bit). When people compare my cell phone's SAMOLED display to their cell phone's LCD, they are always amazed at the difference. Apple displays can create 24 bit colors, but that is not the norm.
  • Due to the way OLED screens work, the contrast levels far exceed those of an LCD. The pixels in an OLED screen are nearly absolute black (similar to plasma) when it is supposed to be black, as opposed to LCD screens, which are always a dark gray.
  • OLED screens typically use less power than LCDs. However, when displaying a screen of white, OLEDs can use up to three times the energy of traditional LCDs, which is why darker screens are better for battery life on OLEDs.
  • The viewing angle on OLED screens is as far as the eyes can see. You can be 179.99 off, and the colors will be just as accurate as a straight on view. For LCD, it depends on the screen and can range anywhere from 125 to 179 before the colors change.
  • OLED screens have a much faster refresh than compared to LCD screens (up to 1000 times faster)
  • OLED screens are thinner, due to lack of a backlight.
  • This also makes them lighter in weight
  • OLED screens are much brighter than LCD screens
  • OLED screens are less visible in sunlight due to the non-reflective nature of their design. However, my J3 is perfectly visible when brightness is at 6 in my sunny state of Florida, and the Super AMOLED on my Samsung epic is more visible than most cell phone LCD screens.
  • OLED screen colors are typically oversaturated, which LCDs are normally undersaturated.
  • OLED screens are much more expensive to produce right now.
  • Large OLED screens are difficult to produce at the moment (pretty much anything over 25").
(Also, people will tell you that the blue phosphate in an OLED screen die really quickly, but this is not true anymore. Current production OLED blue phosphates last 50,000 hours at a minumum, which roughly translates to 5 years and 8 months of straight operating time.)

So don't worry, I think you chose correctly. Besides, the main beauty of Cowon's players is the sound!

Old 03-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Congrats on your purchase!

The J3's screen is much better than the X7, but most people (like myself) doesn't purchase it for the screen's quality. It is more for storage, and of course, the great sound of Cowon. I also prefer the resistive screen, because I found the j3 screen too responsive - Too many unwanted selections, but that was my fault due to my clumsiness.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:53 AM

Maybe - but not like you, I looking a replacement for my ipod touch, and cowon j3 is better tham him in many ways (expect the wifi). Anyway it's absuloty nice, by the way -the great sound of X7 is the same in J3 and I tested that. Maybe I will earn money and buy cowon x7 or the next player that cowon will decide to suprise with

Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorguy View Post
Here is a basic break down of LCD vs. OLED:

• Non-mono OLED screens have appoximately 16.7 million colors (24 bit), which dwarfs the normal 262,000 colors (dithered 18 bit). When people compare my cell phone's SAMOLED display to their cell phone's LCD, they are always amazed at the difference. Apple displays can create 24 bit colors, but that is not the norm.
  • Due to the way OLED screens work, the contrast levels far exceed those of an LCD. The pixels in an OLED screen are nearly absolute black (similar to plasma) when it is supposed to be black, as opposed to LCD screens, which are always a dark gray.
  • OLED screens typically use less power than LCDs. However, when displaying a screen of white, OLEDs can use up to three times the energy of traditional LCDs, which is why darker screens are better for battery life on OLEDs.
  • The viewing angle on OLED screens is as far as the eyes can see. You can be 179.99 off, and the colors will be just as accurate as a straight on view. For LCD, it depends on the screen and can range anywhere from 125 to 179 before the colors change.
  • OLED screens have a much faster refresh than compared to LCD screens (up to 1000 times faster)
  • OLED screens are thinner, due to lack of a backlight.
  • This also makes them lighter in weight
  • OLED screens are much brighter than LCD screens
  • OLED screens are less visible in sunlight due to the non-reflective nature of their design. However, my J3 is perfectly visible when brightness is at 6 in my sunny state of Florida, and the Super AMOLED on my Samsung epic is more visible than most cell phone LCD screens.
  • OLED screen colors are typically oversaturated, which LCDs are normally undersaturated.
  • OLED screens are much more expensive to produce right now.
  • Large OLED screens are difficult to produce at the moment (pretty much anything over 25").
(Also, people will tell you that the blue phosphate in an OLED screen die really quickly, but this is not true anymore. Current production OLED blue phosphates last 50,000 hours at a minumum, which roughly translates to 5 years and 8 months of straight operating time.)

So don't worry, I think you chose correctly. Besides, the main beauty of Cowon's players is the sound!
Thanks dude!
now I am happy more with my J3... I can't see other opption in using cowon X7 expect of the memory and battery-the only advangets. its great now!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

I would have held on to the J3 I purchased but I already have an iPod Touch 4G. Equipped with EQu, it now sounds fantastic.