android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Default Pics of my custom homebrew Zune HD car mount!

Just finished my car mount creation for my Zune HD. Its in my Jeep Wk. Thanks to Proclip for the inspiration, its too bad I couldn't see my self spending $40 on there mount, its a nice one.

Anywho, this cost me a total of $6 and 3 hours of time. Its also better IMO because it customized for my vehicle. Its made form clear Acrylic, 2x 1/2" plastic spaces, 1-1/4" screws. I used the Zune Premium car kit to integrate to my cars AUX. I like using this because I don't need to mess with volume on the Zune itself. The sound on my cars AUX is particularity good too the AUX cable is actually soldered to the back to the front AUX on the stereo and router down the dash and out next to a cigarette light I added to the center control compartment. This way the Premium car pack and plug in there and get AUX. Makes for cleaner look!

Some notes:
- The acrylic was cit with a jig saw, then sanded the edges smooth, heated with torch, then bend by hand. Heating the edges also makes them clear again ;-) (this part takes some practice)
- The screws are counter sunk fully so not to scratch the Zune HD.
- The back of the dash board has a customer cut piece of acrylic with the 2 screws going thru it to aid in strength of the mount and help not to flex my dash from the weight over time.
-Its all painted semi black to match my interior
-the cloth on the inside is the soft side of Velcro. I need to find it that thin in black. All the black stuff I found was too thick.
-I will eventually rout that car pack cable back up under the dash.

Last edited by s10010001; 02-27-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]