android
Old 02-23-2011, 09:54 AM

Default Rockbox Themes issue on newly flashed Clip+

Hey everyone,

Long story short I've had to send back my old 'Rockboxed' Clip+ because the headphone socket went faulty. I received my new one last night and installed Rockbox straight onto it.

I don't know if this makes any difference but the install of Rockbox used cached versions of some downloaded files (themes and fonts) rather than downloading them fresh again. It is/was the latest version of Rockbox though (3.7.1 I think from memory).

Everything seemed to install OK and my usual theme of choice is pacman (yes I know I'm a geek!) but when I selected it on the Clip+ none of the fonts changed at all. Some of the themes would change font (as in be a physically different font altogether, not standard) - but some of them wouldn't do anything at all when selected. The reason why I noticed is that the position of the volume and clock is in a different position than it should be, also instead of the volume appearing as a number it's continually stuck as the 'volume triangle' if you know what I mean. As I said, some themes will change around, but some of them (including pacman sadly) just sit there when selected.

So I connected the Clip+ back up, cleared out the cache folder on Rockbox and tried to reinstall the fonts package and the themes I was looking for. Again when I disconnected the Clip+ the themes wouldn't change round properly, so does anyone have any thoughts why this would've happened?

edit: apologies but I didn't see the specific forum for Rockbox Clip+, very sorry...

Last edited by stomm; 02-23-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: I am stupid and don't read things properly

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Administrator

There was a change in the syntax that broke all the old themes. If you look into the 3.7 Release Notes you can find exactly when that was. It was some months ago though. Anything you had cached is dead unless you update it or get a fresh copy from the Themes Page.

Personally I'd just remove the old build and get the current build. I've read a few reports of database refresh problems with the current builds so you may want to use the Stable build. That's your call.

Once you do that then get any themes you care to have from the Themes site. They should all be working. I don't know if the Fonts pack has changed so that may be OK. It's a small download so I'd just get the newest version from the site.

I haven't used the Rockbox Utility since a few days after the newest came out so I don't know which version of the themes or the font pack it installs so I'd do it manually. I just download the various .rockbox folders unzip them to the same spot and drop the whole folder into the player at once.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:23 AM

Thanks for your reply. So just to double check (and make sure I get this right) would you recommend that I physically uninstall Rockbox from the unit and start again with the latest build from the Rockbox site?

Old 02-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Administrator

There's no need to reflash the bootloader. Save or delete the old build. That's the .rockbox folder. Download and unzip a current build to the root of the player's drive. Do the same for any fonts or themes you want.

Tags
clip+, firmware, problem, rockbox, themes