android
Old 02-21-2011, 11:49 PM

Default Zune Pass internationally?

Hi Dave - long time.

So with the news of international Zune Passes a little while ago, and with the HD device now in Canada - Is there any chance Zune Pass could/is going to make it's way to South Africa?

My elephants are getting bored of hearing the same badly ripped Blink 182 albums every day - and I am afraid they will turn on me.

Regards,
Matt

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
Hi Dave - long time.

So with the news of international Zune Passes a little while ago, and with the HD device now in Canada - Is there any chance Zune Pass could/is going to make it's way to South Africa?

My elephants are getting bored of hearing the same badly ripped Blink 182 albums every day - and I am afraid they will turn on me.

Regards,
Matt
Matt: I don't understand. How will having a Zune fix your badly ripped tunes? Why not just learn to rip them properly and use 'em on your current player.

Steve

Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Lol I like the elephants part. But in honesty, South Africa may very well be one of the last places to get Zune Pass, if it ever is brought to the non-US world. I think there are bigger markets that they'll try to reach first, like Australia and Canada.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:05 PM

I sure hope it will eventually be released to the non-US countries with the support of foreign languages (like Israel/Hebrew ehm ehm...)

Old 02-23-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Matt: I don't understand. How will having a Zune fix your badly ripped tunes? Why not just learn to rip them properly and use 'em on your current player.

Steve
I am talking about ZunePass. I have a ZuneHD - and the blink reference was just an analogy.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
Right - from Microsoft.com, here's the availability of Zune internationally:

Zune Pass (U.K., France, Italy and Spain). The monthly music subscription service will be available for 9.99 euros /8.99 pounds per month for unlimited download and streaming access to the Zune music catalog and will be accessible on Windows-based PCs, Windows Phone 7 and Xbox LIVE. The offer in the U.S. will remain at $14.99 per month for unlimited downloads and streaming access, with the ability to keep 10 MP3s per month.

Music purchase (U.K., France, Italy, Spain and Germany). Expansion to these markets will enable consumers to purchase MP3s and listen on their Windows-based PC, Windows Phone 7 or any other device that supports MP3 format. Users will also be able to purchase music videos to enjoy on Windows-based PC, Windows Phone 7 and Zune on Xbox LIVE.

Video purchase (U.K., France, Germany, Canada, Australia and New Zealand). Consumers will now be able to purchase movies to download and watch anywhere on the big screen in the living room with Xbox LIVE or their Windows-based PC as well as sync it to their Windows Phone 7 to enjoy on the go.

Movie rental (U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Ireland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Mexico, Canada, Australia and New Zealand). In addition to Zune video on Xbox LIVE, consumers in these countries will now be able to rent movies for viewing on their Windows-based PC or choose to sync the rental to their Windows Phone 7.

Speaking frankly, I would expect that South Africa is a fair ways down the list of targeted regions, but never say never. Just expect that major population centres in Europe and Asia would likely come first...

Cheers, Dave.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 AM

Dave, what about countries like Russia and Israel?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
I think there are bigger markets that they'll try to reach first, like Australia and Canada.
Australia (20million people) is not big enough to warrant such an investment without the current or previous gen devices.
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Last edited by copeys; 02-25-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Fixed failed quote

Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Windows Phone Moderator

Don't get me started !

Old 02-26-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeys View Post
Australia (20million people) is not big enough to warrant such an investment without the current or previous gen devices.
I dont know about that....I'm not from Australia but I do know that they have their own auto divisions and a lot of R&D for autos are done down under....the problem with Australia is not their population but their record industry.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Windows Phone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
....the problem with Australia is not their population but their record industry.
Amen to that.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
I dont know about that....I'm not from Australia but I do know that they have their own auto divisions and a lot of R&D for autos are done down under....the problem with Australia is not their population but their record industry.
Please, don't be confused by what I said - Australia needs the hardware first before (or at the same time) as any software is released. The population of 20mil is not good enough to uptake the marketplace if no hardware is released to accompany it.

EDIT: also, record companies suck!
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter