android
Old 02-21-2011, 01:08 AM

Default Delete Files

Just got my J3 and don't want to come off sounding like an idiot but I can't seem to delete certain files. Specifically the Hunter game and the podcast and usb player pics. I've tried everything I can possibly think of and still can't for the life of me figure this out. Anyone know how to do this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 AM

Doesn't the "X" icon work? Check the manual.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Connect to PC and then use Windows Explorer or other file manager program to delete what you don't want? If connected in MSC mode (standard default, if you don't change it to MTP in Settings) the internal and external storage of the J3 is just assigned one or two drive letters by Windows when you connect it to the PC via USB. So you can treat it like any other housekeeping function, such as deleting things you don't want.

Or, you can FORMAT the whole device (preferably using the SD Formatter utility) and start over. The J3 will recreate all necessary system folders and files at the first re-boot after a FORMAT.

I'm sure much of what gets pre-loaded at the factory is MORE than what gets re-created after a FORMAT. I don't know about games since I don't use that functionality on the J3, but I FORMAT'ed mine to recover from some initial mistakes or mis-steps during my learning-about-it period. It's also an easy way to just "start over".