android
Old 02-19-2011, 07:50 PM

Default New software/firmware update?

I plugged my Zune HD in tonight and there was an update available. Of course I downloaded and installed it. Now my Zune doesn't reboot every time I end a third party app. Have I missed something? Or is this leading up to something? I hope, I hope, I hope. Somebody out there want to bring me up to speed(If they know anything)? Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-19-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecnc View Post
I plugged my Zune HD in tonight and there was an update available. Of course I downloaded and installed it. Now my Zune doesn't reboot every time I end a third party app. Have I missed something? Or is this leading up to something? I hope, I hope, I hope. Somebody out there want to bring me up to speed(If they know anything)? Thank you.
Did you just buy your Zune? When you take it out of the box there will be a firmware update to bring you from v.4.0 to 4.5. If not and you already updated to 4.5, I don't know what happened, I don't have any updates for mine.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:10 PM

Not showing for me. Like the guy above said, is it new?
Aria Pro II SB Elite II

Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 PM

I just checked the firmware version and it is 4.5. I have had my Zune since December and any third party apps always rebooted my device when I ended the app. Now I end the apps and the menu screen appears just like ending apps from Microsoft. Trust me I am not complaining but I am just curious.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 PM

Oops. Just played a game on Zune. Back to usual behavior. Sorry folks. Going to goof around with it tomorrow and figure out what I did. It must not have been the update to my Zune software on the computer. Darn!

Old 02-20-2011, 10:24 AM

Yeah it sucks that there has not been an update in ages...Im not asking for an update for update sakes but actually to fix problems that have existed since the beginning like how drm breaks gapless, wifi compatibility, etc....never mind if they wanted to add some features...

Old 02-20-2011, 06:35 PM

After messing around with my player I found that a game I put on it called Opentyrian HD when played and ended would make my screen go black for about three seconds and the Zunes main menu would open up. After playing another third party game I would end the game and the Zunes main menu would pop up instead of the player restarting. Something from Opentyrian must have embedded itself on the unit. After shutting the power off and powering the Zune back up as long as I don't play Opentyrian the third party apps act normally restarting the player. Quite odd behavior. I do not understand software so I won't even pretend like I know what is going on. BTW. Opetyrian is a blast.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:34 PM

It's a known factor of OpenZDK apps. They override the forced restart on ALL third party apps (including XNA), but make it so you can't use DRM'd music, videos, or first-party apps without manually restarting the device.