android
Old 02-15-2011, 06:22 PM

Default Landscape album art thumbnails

Well I've just have the arduous task of compiling all my collection and correcting tags that I thought were fine (J3 disagrees) and adding album art.jpgs to each individual folder. My J3 has its 32gb memory filled so the album art additions took alone took 3 hours.

And after this I'm still finding that when I tilt the player to get the mosaic thumbnail view, that the goddamn pieces of art aren't showing up. I've noticed that for page 1-2, a few of the albums that begin with 'A' show up just fine, but the other 350 pages are just that annoying little quaver note.

Am I being stupid and missing something here? I've given this so much time and attention... why won't my J3 love me back?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM

Maybe some of your JPEGs are progressive. Convert them to baseline to be compatible.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Maybe some of your JPEGs are progressive. Convert them to baseline to be compatible.
They're all baseline, further proved since they show up just fine in portrait. The correct covers even show up when I select one of the quaver album covers in landscape view.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
Well I've just have the arduous task of compiling all my collection and correcting tags that I thought were fine (J3 disagrees) and adding album art.jpgs to each individual folder. My J3 has its 32gb memory filled so the album art additions took alone took 3 hours.

And after this I'm still finding that when I tilt the player to get the mosaic thumbnail view, that the goddamn pieces of art aren't showing up. I've noticed that for page 1-2, a few of the albums that begin with 'A' show up just fine, but the other 350 pages are just that annoying little quaver note.

Am I being stupid and missing something here? I've given this so much time and attention... why won't my J3 love me back?
I just recently purchased a J3 myself and I have spent countless hours trying to correct all of the ID3 tags along with adding the album art to each and every track (about 7000 tracks total)...and I'm still nowhere close to being done. Anyway, I ran into the same issue you are having. I updated the database by going to Settings: System: Database update. After it updated the missing album art showed up. Hopefully this works for you.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Default An alternate method

I had a similar problem with my J3 today; I replaced most of my album art yesterday, but the thumbnails hadn't updated. I tried the "Database update" function, but that didn't fix them, so I took drastic action and deleted all the thumbnails in the System > MusicDB folder. Then all of my thumbnails disappeared, and "Database update" didn't bring them back.

Luckily, I found a way to get the thumbnails to refresh. I backed up a copy of the album info file (ALBUMINF.DB; it opens in Notepad), deleted it from the J3, and rebooted the J3. All of the album art appears to have refreshed, and the thumbnails are back! And I thought I might have to re-upload all my music…

Despite its quirks, I'm loving this machine. It arrived on Monday, and I haven't done much else than play with it. I partly owe it to you folks on this forum for indirectly leading to my purchase.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:19 PM

What firmware version are you using? Version 2.21 and 2.24 firmware have the same known defect, which results in no 95x95 miniatures that are used in Matrix Browser. This bug was corrected in 2.22 and is also fixed in 2.23, it returned in 2.24 and was fixed again in 2.25.

Is your USB connection MSC mode or MTP mode?

Do each of your music files have tags in them?

Do the tags contain an album name tag field value that match the presumed album folder names (in \Music\Artist\Folder structure)?

Do you have NO imbedded album art JPG's in your tags? In other words, is ALL of your album art represented by "cover.jpg" images in each \Album folder?

Just throwing out thoughts.

All new and updated "cover.jpg" album art images found in \Album folders should be discovered and miniaturized into ab_nnn.jpg image files in \System\MusicDB for use by Matrix Browser. ALBUMINF.DB is also built in \System\MusicDB for use by Matrix Browser.

If you delete the entire contents of \System\MusicDB, "safely remove hardware", disconnect the J3 and then re-boot, it should re-build everything it needs to back in \System\MusicDB... all of those ab_nnn.jpg miniatures as well as a new ALBUMINF.DB.

If you then reconnect the J3 and explore \System\MusicDB, you should see these rebuilt files there.

Have you tried deleting everything in \System\MusicDB and then seeing what happens?