android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision W

Old 02-13-2011, 10:14 AM

Default Creative Zen Vision W earphoneaPlease I am having the same problem wit socket problem

Please I am having some problems with my zen vision W. As soon as I plugged in the 3.5mm plug of my creative external portable travel speakers, the player would switch itself on, followed by erratic behaviours like switching to the fm radio, change tracks on its own and then shows 'shutting down' message before shutting down. At times it would do all the above without shutting down and just proceed to playing the songs. However I notice that when I use my earphones also having 3.5mm plug, this problem rarely happen except occasionally.
I would be grateful for any help regarding this matter.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-04-2011, 04:27 PM

Same problem here! WTF? I have had several people contact me with the same issue.
I have no idea. I have a couple dead boards because of that issue.

HELP!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:59 PM

Okay, under the instructions of another forum member, I patched the ground on the audio jack into another ground on the board and it worked.

The only problem is that it disabled the on board speaker.
Well it is a trade off. If you want your player to work properly with the earbuds plugged in, you must ground the audio jack better.

Like I said, it disables the onboard speaker. But you get a usable player in return.
Also, you can use external speakers if you want the sound to he shared with other people. Which might be preferable considering the speaker is so weak.
If someone needs help with the repair, just email me. I will be happy to help.
G

Old 01-07-2012, 11:05 AM

Default Work around

Hey folks - recently picked one of these up for CHEAP - guy was up front about the head phone not working. Simplest fix, is to go in to the player, and turn off Video out. Go to main menu, system settings, Photo video settings, and turn video out off. VOILA, use the AV out, to listen to your player. The main screen on the player will work, with the video out turned off. If you want the player to play on a TV, just turn the video out back on.