android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Default Looking for recommendations. (Earbud design)

After looking and buying headphones of which none of them suited me, need some advice since I cannot find a pair that I like.

As an example I bought a pair of Monster Turbine PRO High Performance ( Copper) in ear speakers and was hugely disappointed with the sound, no bass and sounded very mono, plus always having to adjust them and forcing the bud into my ear. In been honest I did not know what to expect buying $400 speakers but it was not what my ears where hearing.

Before you ask, yes I did try the different form tips and went everywhere from there website to here, youtube etc to make sure I was correctly inserting them into my ear. Conclusion... just not for me.

Since I will be using them when traveling, I want something that are very portable, light and do not take up and huge about of space. I have always liked Over-Ear headphones but do not want a huge set of cans.

This is just an example, to give you an idea on the style of headphone I like.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-H...22562&sr=1-138

Other then Apple and Sony, everyone else is designing in ear speakers that have to be "stuffed" into your ear canal to get the advertised sound.

As for the music I listen to just about everything, although I like Trance, Balearic chill type sounds. I like crisp warm sounds as if it feels the music surrounds you, base is a huge plus.

As for price range does not really matter, but again why pay $400 for a set of headphones when a pair for 150 just sound the same.

Most important thing for me is that they fit comfortable in my ear and sound great

I have spend many hours reading here and deciding what should I buy, I am open to other options if you think it is what I am looking for.

As for my choice of MP3 player it is a Sansa Clip with probably buying a J3 soon.

Comments and suggestions welcome ....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]