android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon J3

Old 02-02-2011, 12:41 AM

Default how do you change the amount of time before j3 auto turns off while on pause?

Hey everyone, so I've had the J3 for about 2 months now and I still can't figure out this feature. So my j3 turns off if I keep it on pause for something like within 5 minutes. Well more than 1 minute less than 5 minutes. I never timed the in between times. It's really annoying because if I'm talking to someone for a few minutes just to like answer a question or something then I have to wait for it to boot up again after powering itself off. I don't mind the feature, but I would like to lengthen the amount of time to like 10 minutes or something. If anyone knows how to solve this i'd be thankful!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2011, 05:06 AM

Settings > Time > Timer > Auto off

Another thing you can try would be Settings > System > Sleep Mode > On. That way the J3 doesn't turn off completely, but goes to sleep mode. Startup from sleep mode is less than a second, and it doesn't really use more battery than full power off. It also starts on the screen you were last in, not the main menu. That's what I do, I like sleep mode the best.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:01 PM

thanks so much!!! i always thought that "timer" was like a stopwatch so never thought to look there. kept looking in system for how to turn it off. thanks for the tip about sleep mode! not sure if i'll do that though since i use my player only intermittently when i'm not traveling. but i'll try that next time i'm on a trip.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Thank dfkt.
I had been annoyed and searching for that information too. Like Gundamgrl I was looking in all the wrong places! Other pmp devices have that option under system/settings