android
Old 01-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Best Skins Ever (BSE) vs Invisible Shield (IS)

Hi people,

I bought a Sansa Fuze and now i need a case/skin.

I'm open to all suggestions. What I really want is a case that accepts a clip (like the clip/clip+ lol), anyway, if not then definately a screen protector for entire device.

So i noticed these two companies do them, but the price difference is quite a bit.

BSE http://www.bestskinsever.com/sandisk-sansa-fuze $6.99

vs

IS http://www.invisibleshield.com.au/me...sansa-fuse.php $24.95

Anyone using these? Let us know yer opinions and thoughts.

Also anyone owning a silicon or leather case that protects well and has a clip let us know what u make of it.

Cheers,

Bruce

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2011, 05:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I got these for my Fuze and i put a on screen protector on also

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Old 01-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice. I'm trying to stray away from the silicon as I think it takes away the aesthetics of the player. I'm not so bothered about dropping the player, just to prevent it from scratches. I'll carry it (with the IEMS) in some kind of sort pouch/case.
I decided to buy the best skins ever as they are so reasonably priced and got good reviews.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 AM

BSE foils are awesome and nearly invisible on the player, just take your time while applying them and remove as many air bubbles as you can (with a credit card wrapped in a piece of cloth).

It is also worth noting that the look of the foil will improve a lot after 24-48 hours.
Bands I dig: Genesis, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Arena, Savatage, Threshold, Twelfth Night, Flower Kings, Magenta, Mostly Autumn, Transatalantic, Vanden Plas, Deep Purple, Metallica, R.E.M., Cake, and, yes, Katie Melua.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I bought BSE, awaiting delivery.

When I applied my screen protector for the PSPGo i found that it was small dust particles that were responsible for creating air bubbles. It's like the tent effect, once the dust particle is under the screen no amount of prying can get teh air bubble around it to dissapear.
I removed the protector and reapplied it this time using sellotape to lift dust particles along the way.
FYI I of course thouroghly cleaned the screen so that there was NO dust particles to be seen, but between that time and getting the screen protector ready for application new dust particles (2 or 3) had landed on the screen (hey dust is in the air, everywhere I guess), so i highly recommend having a small device with sum tape on it that u can reach in and grab pesky particles as u lay the protector.

I have never done the soapy liquid thing so can't comment on that.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:10 AM

Yeah, dust can become a problem.
I always apply skins in the bathroom as it is the least dusty room in the house.
Bands I dig: Genesis, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Arena, Savatage, Threshold, Twelfth Night, Flower Kings, Magenta, Mostly Autumn, Transatalantic, Vanden Plas, Deep Purple, Metallica, R.E.M., Cake, and, yes, Katie Melua.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progweed View Post
Yeah, dust can become a problem.
I always apply skins in the bathroom as it is the least dusty room in the house.
Hahah, I put mine on outside thinking it was 'fresher'... hmmm.. maybe bathroom is a good idea lol

Old 03-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Here is mine with dust on the outside and close to no bubbles ~3h after applying.
http://www.bilder-space.de/bilder/2765f0-1300465955.jpg

Old 03-19-2011, 04:10 PM

I bought one of these kits for ~$14 when I got my Fuze (I don't think it was from this seller, but you get the idea).

The case+screen protector do a good job of keeping my Fuze dry while I'm at work (I work in a fridge, and I get soaking wet. My Fuze is usually in the front pocket on my wind breaker). The car and wall chargers are good to have around, as they'll work with any USB cable. I've used the arm band when out biking too.

The only negative I can think of is that the belt clip is absolutely useless.

For the price, and all the extra stuff included, I would easily recommend this to anyone looking for a case. Just my $0.02 CAD, though.
SoundMagic PL50|SoundMagic PL30|Bang&Olufsen Form 2

Old 08-24-2011, 12:14 PM

I'm not a fan of skins for such devices at all - I would only ever use it as a protection under severe conditions, like sunami88 does. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to me. An MP3 player or a mobile phone is an item of daily use. What's the difference between having scratches on the screen and having scratches on the screen protector? OK, I can change the protector foil (which is quite fiddly to do), but why? Only to have it scratched again in a few days? That would only make sense if you wanted to keep that device for a very long time. But inevitably it will get broken or become outdated in two or three years...

Old 08-24-2011, 12:35 PM

BSE is the same thing as IS but way cheaper.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@ Timar, I guess you make valid points, the only thing I would say is sometimes a player comes along that makes it a classic. We wish we could hold onto the player and keep it longer than 2-3yrs as even the later newer models aren't always going to be as good as the one we have in our hands. But even if we manage to keep it scratch and defect free we still have to worry about battery life

Old 08-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Not to mention the flexible material used for the BSE and Invisible Shield skins -- unlike the "crystal" (i.e. rigid) style of screen protector -- doesn't actually scratch. The difference between an increasingly scratched-up screen and a perpetually scratch-free BSE skin is actually quite measurable.