android
Old 01-29-2011, 07:35 PM

Default Cowon J3 UCI Questions

I have a few questions about UCI's for the Cowon J3
1) what are some good UCIs?
2) how do you install the UCI onto the Cowon J3?
3) are the UCI's free?
4) what are the benefits of using a UCI vs the original cowon interface?
and lastly
5) can UCIs made for the Cowon s9 work with the j3?
thnks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2011, 11:31 AM

1) I'm using Kizune's Aero and Chakra UCI's. Aero replaces the "now playing" menu, while Chakra replaces the main menu. Both are freakin' awesome. There's also the Claw browser and Klaus' browser, and a bunch of others, but I wasn't as into them as I was of Kizune's UCI's.

2) Usually you just download the UCI and then (while your J3 is in MSC mode) go to J3>System>Flash UI and copy it to there. There may be an additional step sometimes (e.g. you have to rename one file to get Chakra to work), but not usually.

3) Yes, definitely.

4) You usually get more customizability as well as more intuitive navigation and more access to various controls. With the Aero UCI specifically, you get a ton of accessability straight from the music menu, where you can easily change the volume, EQ, sleep settings, pan/balance settings, etc. My favorite feature, though, is that it lets you create these pseudo-playlist things. You basically set up a "playlist" through this playlist editor on Aero, and then you can take that playlist and load it into the Favorites list on the J3. The Favorites list is the only support for playlist creation directly on the player that the J3 has, and getting playlists on it from the computer is really annoying as well, so that feature's really great for me. There's more than what I've mentioned here, but it'd take too long to talk about all of it here.

5) Yes, most of the UCI's from the S9 work on the J3, though there can sometimes be small bugs. It just depends on a case-to-case basis.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:29 PM

Thanks that helps alot

Old 02-19-2011, 07:43 PM

so now i have another question.
im seriously considering to try out the "aero music" UCI, so could somebody please post a link to the instructions on how to install it?