android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Site Related > Site News & Announcements

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Unhappy Deceptive-seeming forum Google ad re Sansa driver updating

I know that it's a small point, but I really wish Anythingbutipod could set its Google ads so as to avoid the deceptive-seeming ones.

Most specifically, the last couple of times I've come to the site and to the Sansa Clip board, there's been an obnoxious Google ad up top pontificating in large type about "fix[ing] Sansa devices" and referencing a "Sansa driver update tool." I guess the ad wants you to go to its site to use a certain driver update software, which is irrelevant, of course, to the Clips (apart from using WMP for MTP USB mode); and there is nothing broken with the Clips. In fact, the ad reads and is placed in such a way that it almost looks to be part of the forum and not an ad, counseling that forum readers use the driver update software--there is only a small "truth-in-advertising" info. button in the corner of the ad, which itself doesn't note that the ad is an ad until you mouse over the button.

The other ads generally have been fine--but this one really is misleading, and potentially dangerous.

Just my humble thought and observation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Google ads.jpg (71.2 KB, 58 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
deceptive google ad