android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 AM

Lightbulb I'm looking for a mp3 player with these features.

What's happening, guys?

I'm a person who enjoys taking their own personal soundtrack everywhere. I own a Samsung Wave and have been using it as a MP3 player, but it drains a fair amount of battery, leaving me without a phone, which isn't cool at all.

I personally never owned a mp3 player, so I'm lost in a market of publicity and stunts. People over at the Electronics board on GameFAQs told me the Sandisk Sansa+ is a good device, but I've had nothing but trouble with Sandisk and their crappy microSDHC cards and pen drives which keep failing me (Kingston FTW!).

I've borrowed a SilverCrest SP-25 and a Creative Stone Plus from a friend but the sound quality... ugh, they sounded terrible even with my Sennheiser CX310 buds. Also, the SP-25 just screams FUGLY !

So, moving on to the juicy details, I'm looking for one o' them modern walkmans that do these things just right:

• All-around excellent sound quality, or at least good enough so that anything better isn't noticeable on my buds (CX310);
  • Supports FLAC;
  • Decent UI;
  • FM Radio;
  • Equalizer;
  • 4-8 GB, anything over that is overkill, but I'm not really strict about it;
  • Drag-and-drop;
  • USB;
  • Good battery life (anything over 10-12 hours is fine, though);
  • Tactile controls;
  • If possible, customizable GUI;
  • No hiss, please.
Also, I'm not interested in video playback since I'm already covered on that department by the wonderful Wave, and any price I have to pay is wimpy if the equipment is hefty.

What do you guys have in store for me?

Last edited by JFPP; 01-16-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]