android
Old 01-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Default Searching within Artist

I'm thing about getting a J3 but I need to know one question. Say if you're shuffle your whole collection and your in the Now Playing with album art and an artist is playing. Can I search within that Artist to pick another Album or song of theirs.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-25-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoman View Post
I'm thing about getting a J3 but I need to know one question. Say if you're shuffle your whole collection and your in the Now Playing with album art and an artist is playing. Can I search within that Artist to pick another Album or song of theirs.
I just tried it and if I understand you correctly yes you can. Just tap the horizontal lines on the top left of the screen and a list of songs in that album pops open. Then tap the middle song title bar and tap on the spy glass symbol and type in what you want to find.

Last edited by whoobat; 01-25-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:13 PM

Thanks. But is there a way when a random song come up and start playing (Mariah Carey "vision of love" for example) and you say I want to hear her other albums how easy is it to find them. How many icons you have to press to get there. This could be a deal breaker because I'm coming from a Zune HD.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:03 PM

I do not see a simple one-tap icon on this thing that says “search all files for this currant artist now”. I’ve never had a Zune. Does the Zune have such a thing? The J3 is not simple but it’s not difficult ether.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:12 PM

Yes it has. When you touch the artist name it gives the rest of the albums. Since you have one can you demo. While a artist is playing can you press the list on the top left and I think in a video i saw some icons on the bottom can u see what happens when you touch them.. Thanks

Old 01-26-2011, 02:57 AM

If you are playing a random song (shuffle on all songs), you can simply tilt the J3 and find the album where the song comes from in the center of the album matrix. here is a video of that.

If you are only playing ex. Maria Carey's album you can just tap the horizontal lines and then press <- twice, then all her albums is listed.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:19 AM

THANKS ALOT. That is what I wanted it to hear. Now have to find a buyer for my Zune HD 64gb. I already have the Windows phone 7

Last edited by Photoman; 01-26-2011 at 03:25 AM.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:27 AM

Sorry one more question. The favorite feature? Can you use that like on the fly playlist?

Old 01-26-2011, 09:56 AM

Yep, however there is a limit on the amount of songs you can have in it. A few hundreds, I don't remember the exact number nor the topic where I read that.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 AM

Thanks that's way more then enough.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 AM

i guess it's a 256 file limit. i think that's "standard" in most mp3 players.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps