android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2014, 08:58 PM

Help Clip in car: Works fine, but plugging in USB to charge overrides speaker cable

I have a Sansa Clip for my car. It works great. I connect it to the stereo with a 3.5mm speaker cable.

The problem: I can't power it with a USB connection and play music through the speaker cable at the same time, for some reason.

I have two USB sockets to charge it with. One is built into the stereo, but is only for charging. The other is in the cigarette lighter. No matter which one I use, as soon as I connect the Clip, it stops sending audio through the speaker cable. The song keeps playing, but it seems to be automatically trying to send the audio data through the (charge-only) USB.

Oddly enough, this doesn't happen if I plug it into a non-car stereo system of mine.

Any idea what's going on, and how I can fix it? It's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to be able to play music and charge it at the same time, rather than relying on the battery.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]