android
Old 01-14-2011, 06:26 PM

Default S9 Volume Or Lack Of It!!

Hi all
My S9 I connected it up to a Phillips docking station yesterday at work expecting to be blown away by the the experience but at full volume it had only half the volume of a postage stamp sized poxy ipod the guy before me used I was disapointed to say the least so I played around with it adjusting settings but no increase.So today I got my AKG 702's delivered brand new hooked them up to the S9 expecting fireworks and again the volume only half of what it should be at full volume.My S9 is about a year old and I have only listened to it with a set of in ear's that I had from a creative zen and they are not bad,but had much more volume than the Akg's.So I connected the AKG's to the desktop with a creative x-fi sound card absolute quality and volume when I needed it,the quality was there with the S9 but not the volume with the AKG's so I already have a Headstage Arrow 12HE 3G ordered so I am hoping this will increase the performance of the S9,with 702's connected,the sound bottomed out at around 30 and when it hit max a buzz came into it.To say I have been underwhelmed is an understatement If anybody can shed some light on it I would appreciate it.After all it is supposed to be the ultimate MP3??

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2011, 02:23 PM

You have the European setttings turned on. Look it up using the search feature on this site. Something like deleting the system UI folder. But I'm not exactly sure.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Not the whole system folder, just the param.cfg file in it. On next startup you're prompted to enter your region again - choose "worldwide", or similar.

By the way, the K701/702 are rather inefficient and quiet phones - they barely work with any MP3 player. But since you're getting the Arrow anyways, you don't have to worry - it's plenty loud enough for any phone.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 PM

dfkt
thanks for mopping up my mess