android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2011, 01:35 PM

Default A New Hope: beyerdynamic DT1350 announced

I was personally a bit gutted by the t50p, I have long wanted a high quality portable set of phones I really felt satisfied with. I'd be happy to pay above the odds for something that gave me a sound as good as home-sitting-cans on the move.

It turned out the t50p, while not being bad per se, did not set anyone's world alight.

Now beyer have another shot at it with the DT1350, a new set of phones based around near identical frame, aimed more at studio use.

The marketing blurb:

The Beyerdynamic DT-1350 is a newest generation professional monitor headphone with Tesla technology that will convince you with its sound, design and functionality. Newly designed transducers guarantee the Beyerdynamic DT-1350's extreme effectiveness with a minimal distortion factor. That way, the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 offers an analytical and balanced sound even at very high volumes. Thanks to the maximum sound pressure level of 129 dB and the excellent exterior noise supression, the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 provides a powerful sound even in the noisiest situations. With its high-quality materials, the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 is very durable and thanks to the convenient and replaceable earpads and the swiveling earcups it is also comfortable and practical.

Superficial differences to the t50p are minimal, the single ended cable being the most obvious along with plastic sheaves for the headbands to cover the loose wire connecting the cups.

But the pads do look different, flatter and more even on the side facing the ear. Could this solve some of the odd acoustical issues with fit dfkt outlined in his t50p review? Or am I building myself up to be let down again...

http://www.musik-schmidt.de/gb-Beyer...c-DT-1350.html

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]