android
Old 01-07-2011, 01:26 PM

Default a very bad experience with Cowon Support

I've sent a bricked iaudio7 for repairing under warranty to the European Cowon Support Center in Germany, but they've refused to freely repair it arguing that I need to contact my local dealer. (they wished to charge me 80€)

Lastly, I requested to sent back to me the device but since three weeks now I didn't get any answer from us. (May be they repaired it and want to keet it for us, i don't know ?)

The person who answered my email was Alvaro keuck??, he answered my emails using the email adresses of the persons that I initially contacted, i.e., ***** and **** ? (very strange!!)

This is finally a very bad experience with Cowon that i wanted to share!
Cheers

Last edited by ts64; 01-07-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-07-2011, 02:19 PM

wtf? wipe those email addresses. and the names what is wrong with you?
do you want your email address spread freely on the internet?

about the experience: well, they are right, if you're too dumb to comply to the german law, which says that you always have to contact the store/person you bought it from FIRST, there's nothing much to say.

know your laws, then you can complain about bad customer service.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 01-07-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadohiosky View Post
do you want your email address spread freely on the internet?
Look there, you'll already find theses email adresses which i refer to --> http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21680 (You will also find there that they already repaired devices which were directly sent to them.)

In a company, a person who reply using email adresses from other persons: thoses practices are not so transparent!!

Quote:
about the experience: well, they are right,
if you're too dumb to comply to the german law, which says that you always have to contact the store/person you bought it from FIRST, there's nothing much to say.
My only complain today is that they seems to do not want to send me the device back.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Cowon Germany went down the drain, indeed. Years ago I had stellar experience with their customer support, back when the X5 was a new player - but nowadays they didn't even reply to three (!) mails I sent them. As far as I know, back then Cowon Germany was a 'real' outlet from Cowon Korea, but nowadays it's just some subcontractor that does warranty repairs, IIRC.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:13 PM

Did you send the bill with it?
In Germany and probably the EU you have 2 years of warranty and you dont have to pay anything when it doesnt look like it took a lot of force to break the device.
So you will probably have to pay for broken displays.

I sent mine in twice and it cost nothing when I crossed "2nd time" on the formular the repaired player came back extra quick, 2-3 days.

Quote:

about the experience: well, they are right, if you're too dumb to comply to the german law, which says that you always have to contact the store/person you bought it from FIRST, there's nothing much to say.
Never heard of that of course I could let amazon handle that too but all they do is send it to cowon.
I really dont think what you say is true, its a can not a must.

Last edited by günter; 04-08-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:23 PM

well, it's called "Gewährleistung" and it's a much stronger binding warranty/guarantee than the "Garantie" which is...uhm... guaranteed () by the manufacturer.
The "Gewährleistung" is a binding "contract" between the customer and the vendor. the vendor must assure that the product is in mint condition and that there are no defects of any kind. the vendor has to accept the product within the first 6 months and if there is anything fishy the vendor must prove that the customer is to blame for the defect. after that 6 month period the burden of proof hast to be produced by the customer.

the manufacturer's guarantee is independant from this and you could turn to the manufacturer if there is anything wrong, but still you have to contact the vendor first and then the manufacturer. it's been that way for a long, long time and i think it's also binding EU-law for the other member states.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Tags
cowon, europe, germany, support