android
Old 05-19-2013, 12:36 AM

Default Incase Sonics (A short review)

I received my Incase Sonics in the mail today. They seem to have good build quality and were pretty comfortable. As for sound quality- they were decent, however, I feel my Steez by Pioneer which I gave away and was hoping to replace them with the sonics, were better. Of course, all of this is just my opinion. I felt that the mids were a bit too recessed and that the bass was lacking. All in all, they were decent but not worth keeping for me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2013, 12:46 AM

I would give your ears a couple days to adjust to them. In my experience my ears get "flavored/warmed" to a particular set of HP's over time.

Headphones:Philips SHS5200, Phillips SHQ1000/28, Sentry FatBoy HO865, Motorola S305 BT,

Old 05-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, if your not fond of them, there are always people interested in buying them from you.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:25 AM

I might give them a few more days, but I am hesitant. With my Marleys, after just opening I loved the sound and even after they burned in, they sounded even better.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

When I tried them, I thought the mids were recessed. Very comfortable though....

Old 05-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Send them back & get these: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX700-...rds=sony+zx700

You won't be disappointed. I have the MDR-ZX701ip,...I got 'em for about $50 (supposed to be a refurb, they were brand new). The sq might be more to your taste,...

Oh, and Marv luvs these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all

Old 05-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Correction: Marv and epithetless luv those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Send them back & get these: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX700-...rds=sony+zx700

You won't be disappointed. I have the MDR-ZX701ip,...I got 'em for about $50 (supposed to be a refurb, they were brand new). The sq might be more to your taste,...
I personally found the MDR-ZX700s a bit too polite in the bass realm, but I haven't heard the Incase Sonics to make a comparison. For what it's worth, I returned my ZX700s and wouldn't consider letting go of my HA-S500s...

Old 05-20-2013, 12:10 AM

I would be open to buy the Sonic's from you should you decide to sell them, I've wanted to get a pair ever since TDS recommended them to me.

Headphones:Philips SHS5200, Phillips SHQ1000/28, Sentry FatBoy HO865, Motorola S305 BT,