android
Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 AM

Default IEMs for iAudio9

Hi.

I just recently sold my iPod Touch third generation and bought the Cowon iAudio 9. I like sound to have power, clarity and precision. Right now, I have the Denon AH-C360 which cost me $60. They are certainly a step up from generic headphones like those that comes with iPods. But since I have never listened to more expensive IEM's I don't know if I'm missing out on something even better. I have looked around this site and I realize the Hippo VB are a popular choice. Are they much better than the ones I already have? I realize they have a lot of bass which I like. Can you recommend them or maybe other IEMs suitable for the iAudio9? The price limit is $100.

Nirvana is my favourite band and they took a lot of care recording their albums with careful recording arrangements especially for the drums. You may remember or have heard of all the press speculation about In Utero and Steve Albini back in 93. I like that real, abrasive natural sound that seems like it was recorded in a bathroom or something like that. I want to be able to hear EVERY little detail, such as very quiet breathing, but i also want the IEM's very powerful. They need to cover the whole spectrum. It has to sound live, like I'm in the room.

I also listen to Eminem and Primus.

I don't listen to THAT much music, which is why I only need 4GB, but I need those 10-20 albums I listen to to sound extremely good. I just started getting my music in FLAC instead of MP3. Is FLAC the best file type or can I find better?

Also, does anyone know which file type the song that comes with the iAudio9 is? It sounds much richer than the music I have put on to my iAudio9, even the albums in FLAC.

I hope someone can lend me some assistance.
Happy new year to everyone

/Lars

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]