android
Old 01-08-2011, 01:35 PM

Tried that now, it gives me the default UI. There's a sub-folder called SOL in the Flash UI folder, should I place the folder and it's content in there instead?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-08-2011, 01:40 PM

hey there, this is for the music borwser only, afaict.

just paste everything from the archive into the Flash UI folder and by starting the music "browser" it will change to the Aero Music overlay.

@kizune btw, looks good. keep it up. is there a way to change the browser as well?

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 01-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Hmmm, but that's the problem. I extract the zip archive, then I paste the folder from the zip archive, named "Aero Music v1.0 Beta 4 (2011-01-08)", into the Flash UI folder, nothing changes when I open op music on my J3. But inside the "Aero Music v1.0 Beta 4 (2011-01-08)" folder, there is 3 .swf files and a folder named "aero music", and when I try pasting these 4 items directly into the Flash UI folder, something happens when I open up the music menu, the screen turns grey. Not a generic grey, but the same grey as in the default music player background, the one with the small dark grey dots, but no overlay at all :/

Old 01-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Yup. Very good work.
Keep it up.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP View Post
Hmmm, but that's the problem. I extract the zip archive, then I paste the folder from the zip archive, named "Aero Music v1.0 Beta 4 (2011-01-08)", into the Flash UI folder, nothing changes when I open op music on my J3. But inside the "Aero Music v1.0 Beta 4 (2011-01-08)" folder, there is 3 .swf files and a folder named "aero music", and when I try pasting these 4 items directly into the Flash UI folder, something happens when I open up the music menu, the screen turns grey. Not a generic grey, but the same grey as in the default music player background, the one with the small dark grey dots, but no overlay at all :/
Put in system/flash UI
(you are putting in Flash folder, put in that flash folder which is in system folder.
Put the files I marked in bold
Edit: Also make sure your player is in MSC mode.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:20 PM

Hmmm, I've been putting them in the sytem/flash folder all along. I'm not certain what happened but I tried doing what you adviced me to again, and this time it worked! I tried it several times, but earlier it seemed that the items within the "aero music" folder were deleted when I plugged the J3 into the computer again after failure, an error must have occured earlier when I tried to start up the Aero overlay, or at least that is my best bet :P

Thanks for the help everyone!

OH, and looking really good Kizune! Although I do miss the coverflow option when tilted, but you can't have it all I guess

Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 PM

I love this UI, great job Kizune!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 AM

great theme.
Are you going to include the option of cover flow in the later updates?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:10 PM

Nope, the UCI will be a full player in horizontal mode.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:11 PM

Aero Music v1.0 Beta 5

Changes:

- Fixed multi album art support
- Added EQ Editor (new icon in menu)
- New PlugIn: Cover Flow Helper PlugIn
---> Use this plugin only if you use El Maco's Cover Flow
---> Rename the file browser_total.swf (which is el maco's cover flow) to powerdicrun.swf. You can use any browser as browser_total.swf.
---> When you now tap the browser button in Aero Music, a popup appears and you can choose between the normal browser or el maco's cover flow.
---> You'll lose the ability to launch the Track Preview in any way using the browser button

Download

[PlugIn] Cover Flow Helper PlugIn

Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM

How to install PlugIns

Usually, just extract the contents of the archive into 'System/Flash UI/Aero Music/PlugIns'.
Then, open the file 'plugins.xml' in 'System/Flash UI/Aero Music/' which may look like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<plugins>
<plugin file="plugin.swf" />
<plugin file="whatever.swf" />
</plugins>

Just add a new line between '<plugins>...</plugins>' and insert

<plugin file="filename.swf" />

where filename is the filename of the plugin.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 AM

A little something in Aero Beta 4 the battery empties from right to left instead from left to right.
Edit: Kizune your work is simply brilliant only just wanted to point out that thing.

Last edited by rohit3192; 01-10-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 AM

Do you really think this is a bug...?

Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 AM

Sure isn't a "bug", but yeah, it does look maybe a tiny little bit weird. Emptying the standard way, beginning from the battery's plus pole, from left to right, would certainly look more "regular".

On that note, may I suggest - if possible - to expand the touch-sensitive area of the upper three buttons up to the border of the screen? That way, one can just hit anywhere near the border/edge of the screen with one's fat fingers to go to the browser or to the main menu, like in the stock music UI.

To clarify (orange areas = touch sensitive):

Old 01-10-2011, 06:43 AM

Okay, I'll change both the battery graphics and the touch area of the menubar buttons.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:51 AM

Awesome, thanks a lot Kizune.

One other tiny thing I noticed is that the font used for the progress/seek bar time and track display isn't monospaced. Whenever a "1" comes up, the numbers after the "/" jump a pixel or two (in simple mode), and in fancy mode the track display jumps as well.

BTW: including the EQ preset editor in the music UI was a stroke of pure genius - love that feature.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:51 AM

For Kizune

Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 AM

rohit3192: Haha, awesome. xD

dfkt: Yeah, but it's the best looking font (and the only one which doesn't get blurry on the S9/J3 - all others, except for another pixel font 'Frucade Small', do). Anyway, in the next release the current track number will be displayed on the right side.
Glad you like the EQ editor.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 AM

I love the Semplice fonts, like Frucade - and especially the gorgeously unique Memoria. Used them in several projects/designs as well, not only Flash-related.

Since this is already a pretty fast paced Q&A session in this thread today... - and as already mentioned in post #3 in this thread: could you think of any seek bar style that doesn't cover the album art, yet still shows at least the track time display (no need for track list number) - while still retaining full 272x272px album art, of course? I thought about it myself already, but couldn't really come up with anything yet. Having the time display below the seek bar in "Even More Simple" mode would probably interfere with the track title display, I guess...

Old 01-10-2011, 07:25 AM

I have already implemented what you asked for.

Beta 4 Release Notes:

"[...]
- Added Menubar theme 'Invisible'
---> Works only in combination with the seekbar theme 'Fancy'

---> The menubar is still on its place, it's just not visible. This means, when you tap the invisible browser button (when you press a button it becomes visible), the browser opens, when you tap the invisible home button, the mainmenu is opened and so on.
[...]
"