android
Old 04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@shadowskater555: Thanks for sharing - good stuff.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-27-2011, 09:40 PM

Default posting...

Amazin best topic

Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Default Hmm, is my Aluratek Cinepal 8" HD broken?

After reading this review and several others, I bought this player from Amazon, and I LOVE it so far, but I do have one question. Has anyone else who owns this player been having trouble with their SD(HC) slot?

I have a 32GB SDHC card in my Aluratek, which is what I'm running my videos from. The card slot is on the side of the player, and if I barely touch it while moving the player, picking it up to carry it with me, etc., then it looses my SDHC card. The TV show/movie stops playing, we go back to the main menu, and the SDHC card doesn't show up anymore, even though it's still in the player. If I just lightly riggle it with my finger tip, it usually comes back, but sometimes I actually have to pop it out and then put it back in. I know that it could be a short developing in the SD(HC) slot, but I figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone else has been having the same issue before I went through the joy of getting an RMA from Amazon and waiting for a new one to arrive. *GRIN* Thanks for any thoughts!:-)

Old 08-05-2011, 04:36 PM

^ I've never had any problem like that before with mine so it could be broken. I always keep the SD card in mine and no matter how much I move it,the SD card stays in place and is always readable by the device.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Thanks! It sounds strange I guess, but I'm kind of glad that's the answer. I'd much rather have to return the product, with all that entails, but know I'm gonna get one that doesn't do this at the end of it all, than I would to have to deal with this, "Just 'cuz." *GRIN* Thanks for the review that helped convince me!