android
Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

So, people here mostly use Windows computers....so iPod/iPhone owners, how's iTunes cooperate with your Windows computers? I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 32GB Touch 4G, but I don't want Steve Jobs hijacking my computer through iTunes.

From what I have gathered, I would want to disable the Bonjour thing, anything else I should know? I'd probably use foobar to put tunes on it, because the foobar iPod manager can convert Replaygain tags to be Soundcheck compatible on the Touch.....but there's still other things I know I would need iTunes for.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit3192 View Post
Tested today iphone 4 and blown away with sound quality.
I wonder if itouch has same sound (not tested touch 4g)
I don't own a Touch or an iPhone but family member has both and I've get to listen to both regularly. I can't hear a difference in between those in volume matched testing. I'm not fond of any of the EQ presets but the base SQ is good to me.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
So, people here mostly use Windows computers....so iPod/iPhone owners, how's iTunes cooperate with your Windows computers? I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 32GB Touch 4G, but I don't want Steve Jobs hijacking my computer through iTunes.

From what I have gathered, I would want to disable the Bonjour thing, anything else I should know? I'd probably use foobar to put tunes on it, because the foobar iPod manager can convert Replaygain tags to be Soundcheck compatible on the Touch.....but there's still other things I know I would need iTunes for.
Do you plan on jailbreaking?

Old 01-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blcistheking View Post
Do you plan on jailbreaking?
I haven't even thought about that yet.....if I do, it won't be for a while, until after I've learned what the thing can do as is.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:44 PM

The iphone is more than twice the cost of similar capacity touch & iphone screen seems better to me than touch's screen that's why asked the question about sound quality.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:

I personally have no issues whatsoever with iTunes as a iPod manager. I installed the full package, because I was too lazy to not. There is also a 64-bit version. On my system (Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 64-bit), it launches in about 5 or so seconds. The setup for my iPod was flawless...name it, choose which account to sync with (create one if you haven't), select sync settings, and viola! Its done. I have no complaints about stability or speed of iTunes. The player works perfectly for syncing an iPod, however it still SUCKS as a music player.

So, to sum it up, works perfectly fine for syncing only, and is still terrible as a media player.

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 01-06-2011, 04:09 PM

i love my touch im so glad i got it i wanted a cowon for Christmas and dad got me the touch.the sound qauilty could be beter though

Old 01-06-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit3192 View Post
The iphone is more than twice the cost of similar capacity touch & iphone screen seems better to me than touch's screen that's why asked the question about sound quality.
the iphone's screen has better viewing angles.
it also has twice as much ram as the touch

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:

the latest itunes is a hell of a lot better than the 8 and 9 series by a long shot imo. it runs a lot faster and doesn't seem to suck ram like an alcoholic locked in a brewery. that said i still only use itunes for updating firmware or backing up contact and apps, and use MM for everything else which is pretty much nothing since i never use it for media lol.

imo jailbreak also, it's fantastic. come on irc if youre gonna jailbreak ill run you thru the must haves.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 01-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've been quite curious about jailbreaking myself....but don't know much about it. Is it safe (a.k.a. will I be able to restore if any issues occur)? What exactly does it do and what are the advantages and disadvantages? Why would I want to do it? Thanks for the help .

Don't know if I will be able to jailbreak my iPod, told my parents about it and they don't like the idea, might not let me ...

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 PM

@Marvin, I agree with adub. The later versions of iTunes are much, much more RAM efficient then previous versions. As Mcdougal said also, it's a great manager of the files (IE syncing and such) but for music playing abilities - its shit.

Also, RE the jailbreaking issue; I enjoyed my iPhone before it was jailbroken, then once it was jailbroken I was amazed. BUT, after iOS4 came out, I just updated the firmware on my idevice, and the jailbreak disappeared (obvs). But I haven't bothered to redo jailbreaking, because although it was cool, it was to much maintenance for me!!
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 01-06-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
I've been quite curious about jailbreaking myself....but don't know much about it. Is it safe (a.k.a. will I be able to restore if any issues occur)? What exactly does it do and what are the advantages and disadvantages? Why would I want to do it? Thanks for the help .

Don't know if I will be able to jailbreak my iPod, told my parents about it and they don't like the idea, might not let me ...
Jailbreaking is safe & it allows you to future customize your device to your liking with themes & hacks amongst other things, if your interested I suggest visiting iPod touch fans .com
Running 4.2.1 jailbroken and loving it.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:10 PM

I'm lazy still on 4.1 jailbroken lol.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
I'm lazy still on 4.1 jailbroken lol.
if my device had came with 4.1 i'd be on that just for the untethered jailbreak. Tethered isn't that bad though.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

iPhone 4 here - FTW!!! I use it for occasional tunes (the clip+ w/RB can't be beat tho!!!), my games, and my net - it's good for me.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 PM

Yeah I play a lot of street fighter and flight control hehe.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, I got my Angry Birds and a classic - Streets Of Rage!!! Cornball all the way. Street Fighter will be next, after I also finish Stick-Fu and Guerrilla Bob as well,...

Old 01-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Looks like next weekend I'll have the cash together.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Looks like next weekend I'll have the cash together.
You can rob some bank.Then you need to JailBreak

Old 01-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I think all you traitors need to have your ABi posting privileges severely curtailed...say...a 20percent reduction of post counts.

JUST KIDDING!
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies