android
Old 12-31-2010, 11:12 PM

Default NWZ-X1061 at Sony Style store for $350.

Just thought I'd mention that I walked into my local Sony Style store today to buy a NWZ-X1061, and it rang up at $349.99. "Works for me!"

I decided to finally go ahead and grab one, before they're all gone and Sony stops making these high-end players ever again. Who knows what they'll really do, but I wouldn't be surprised if indeed they just phase the X series out, and never update it. So, I've got mine, now.

At any rate, I don't know that anybody is selling these things for much less than the $399.99 list price, and the sales guy at Sony Style was as surpised to see the price as I was. So, if you're interested, you might go check that out. I see it's still at $399.99 at the SonyStyle.com web site....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-02-2011, 06:29 AM

interesting, did they have the NWZ-X1051 also on sale? I am still surprised the X-series is on sale in the US since it is discontinued in most other major markets.

A sale perhaps could signal new products, but then nothing new debuted when the X went on sale in europe and other regions, but perhaps with CES next week, a new product could be coming

Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoots View Post
Just thought I'd mention that I walked into my local Sony Style store today to buy a NWZ-X1061, and it rang up at $349.99. "Works for me!"

I decided to finally go ahead and grab one, before they're all gone and Sony stops making these high-end players ever again. Who knows what they'll really do, but I wouldn't be surprised if indeed they just phase the X series out, and never update it. So, I've got mine, now.

At any rate, I don't know that anybody is selling these things for much less than the $399.99 list price, and the sales guy at Sony Style was as surpised to see the price as I was. So, if you're interested, you might go check that out. I see it's still at $399.99 at the SonyStyle.com web site....

Dude... what country are you in?!