android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2010, 03:01 AM

Default DSE A5146: ID3V2 / OGG tag problems

I bought this cheap and nasty audio player a while back, mainly because it has native support for OGG and WMA as well as MP3. But I've had terrible trouble getting it to read the tags on the audio files. I found out by experiment:

1) that the library only updated on a random basis. I solved this by actually deleting the library every time I put a new file on there, which made it update properly.

2) it didn't properly recognize the track numbers on ID3v2 tracks: that is, for any number higher than 10. An album with 13 tracks, say, would play in the following order: 10 01 11 02 12 03 13 04 05....09. That is, it only seemed to recognize the lower digit of the track number. I solved this by manually converting all my MP3s to ID3v1 tags.

The only remaining problem is that OGG files have exactly the same track ordering problem as above. I found elsewhere advice to delete the "/xx" section of the track numbers (so it would just go 02 instead of 02/13) but that didn't seem to work. Given what we know from the above - that ID3v1 track numbers work fine (for numbers below 32) and ID3v2 and OGG don't for numbers 10 or higher... is there a possible workaround for the trackorder for OGG?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
a5146, mp3, ogg, track numbers