android
Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 PM

Default ok im buying the cowon s9

ok sorry for all the questions i just hate to spend money on something that i wont like specially with the economy as it is in my country usa so the s9 it is i guess it dont have internet but i hear it sounds great and has lots of games is this correct?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The SQ is fantastic, but the games are crappy flash games-they really suck. Go look in the Cowon S9 section of the forums, read, ask questions. I can guarantee a world of answers. The S9 is a fantastic audio and video player, one of the best. As for games, it really is bottom of the barrel.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
The SQ is fantastic, but the games are crappy flash games-they really suck. Go look in the Cowon S9 section of the forums, read, ask questions. I can guarantee a world of answers. The S9 is a fantastic audio and video player, one of the best. As for games, it really is bottom of the barrel.
lol it has to be beter then my sansa clip i have rockbox on it but the screen is just to small

Old 12-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemist View Post
lol it has to be beter then my sansa clip i have rockbox on it but the screen is just to small
It will be.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:17 PM

im so excited

Old 12-06-2010, 10:01 PM

I use a Clip+ with Rockbox and an S9. Overall, the S9 is a superior player, but I do also use my Clip+ a lot when I'm doing more active stuff like chores around the house, yardwork, or when I'm mountainbiking. The Clip+ is smaller and less bulky and can easily clip to a belt buckle. When I'm doing those activities, I don't want to bump my S9 or get it dirty. Really, having a Clip+ and an S9 is a great thing. Usually, one or the other will work well for whatever environment or other activity you're doing at the time.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 AM

Default will a samsung cell phone charger charge my s9?

its a samsung samsung t301g and the end that plugs in the phone sure looks like the pics of the cowon s9 usb port on the s9.i dont have my s9 yet but it sure would be cool if it will charge my s9

Old 12-09-2010, 01:13 PM

They're both Korean Telecom standards. If the ports look the same, the charger will work.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
They're both Korean Telecom standards. If the ports look the same, the charger will work.
thats would be so sweet cell phone was only 9 bucks on black friday.and came with the charger. man i cant wait to the s9 gets here

Old 12-09-2010, 03:22 PM

Default now haveing buyers remorse

bought my s9 from amazon i guess it will get here in a few days.but then i started to google s9 and saw s9 bricking now im scared im not a rich man and this was a big purchase for me man if it bricks ill be sad as hell.do the s9 brikc more then ipods?

Old 12-09-2010, 03:40 PM

Merged your threads. No need for them being all over the place.

You're on a Windows PC? Then it won't brick.

Even if it would brick, it can easily be recovered by TCCtool. No worries.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Merged your threads. No need for them being all over the place.

You're on a Windows PC? Then it won't brick.

Even if it would brick, it can easily be recovered by TCCtool. No worries.
cool ty for merging threads i was worried i may be cluttering up board. and ty for taking away my worry.i do use linux sometimes.but ill just use windows for the cowon

Old 12-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemist View Post
... but ill just use windows for the cowon
no need, cowon will mount as a usb drive in msc mode.

Edit: just don't connect it to a mac

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-09-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
no need, cowon will mount as a usb drive in msc mode.

Edit: just don't connect it to a mac
o good i never even used a mac before but i have tryied most flaver of linux i quit when i got the ipod.so glad i sold that thing bought ti new for 159 sold it used for 150 and the guy begged me to buy it.may try google os latter today on my spare pc

Old 12-10-2010, 11:18 AM

hiya everyone i googled this but had no luck but i stink at chooseing search terms for what im looking for .my question i see the j3 is like a s9 with a micro sd slot and better battery life does that mean same cpu and memory are used on both?

Old 12-10-2010, 11:56 AM

Yes, same SoC and DAC. Still a lot of difference between the two when using them.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Yes, same SoC and DAC. Still a lot of difference between the two when using them.
cool i almost got the j3 it was just a tad out of budget i had like 170. but i do admit i like haveing the ability to add a card.i figure the s9 will have enough room for me thats like 100 cds or so i got the 16 gig version

Old 12-10-2010, 02:55 PM

I think I slightly prefer my S9 over my J3 so if your like me you arent missing out much. I like the way the S9 feels in my hand, the thickness and shape. It looks amazing. I much prefer the looks and feel of the S9 overall. Plus I prefer the button locations of the S9. I use a slip pouch on the go and having the controls at the top of the slip case means I can change tracks and volume without pulling it out.

J3 is better for the card, external speaker and flat back if you want to pair it with an amp. Most poo poo the external speaker. I love it, I like to go camping with my wife a lot and I find it very handy when going to sleep in the tent. We can both listen to music together. The speaker isnt much but its good enough for certain situations.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Interesting how different tastes can be.

I like everything about the J3 better than the S9 - the buttons (especially the power button instead of the slider, and the location and tactile response of the other buttons), the form factor, the interface, and so on.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:11 PM

im thinking back to being a kid and dealing with cassetes all my pockets full with a cassete on my sony walkman i loved that sony had a 3 band eq.