android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Share some movie names that made you cry

Share some movie names that made you cry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit3192 View Post
Share some movie names that made you cry?
I am secure in my masculinity, immune to friendly ridicule and not ashamed to reveal myself, so here are some movies that either made me weep or just brought a tear to my eye [I have never bawled outright over a movie but there are many as I am in fact a sentimental bastard and these jump out at me. I will prolly add more as I cogitate on this topic...]

The ones that always get me are the ones involving selfless sacrifices and tragic, needless deaths of young people or animals...

Old Yeller
Bambi
Titanic
On Golden Pond
Evita
E.T.
Saving Private Ryan
Schindler's List

Begin discussion

Let me rephrase the discussion to movies that "touched".
Out of those 5 only seen Titanic.
The movies that brings out emotions are what I like.
Like The Shawshank Redemption and even The dark knight (It is made immortal by Heath Ledger).
In Titanic I really liked the flashback part (of old lady at climax when she was about to die and feel the people present at Titanic).
The thing that surprises me that people share same emotions irrespective of where they live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit3192 View Post
...snipped...The thing that surprises me that people share same emotions irrespective of where they live.
Should this really surprise you? After all, it is emotions we are talking about. In my book, most all emotions are universally common to all humans, regardless of culture, upbringing, social standing, educational level...whatever.

Love, fear, anxiety, anger, etc, etc...we all feel them and pretty much the same triggers will cause similar reactions.

Ain't no psychiatrist, but this is pretty self-evident to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
I am secure in my masculinity, immune to friendly ridicule and not ashamed to reveal myself, so here are some movies that either made me weep or just brought a tear to my eye [I have never bawled outright over a movie but there are many as I am in fact a sentimental bastard and these jump out at me. I will prolly add more as I cogitate on this topic...]

The ones that always get me are the ones involving selfless sacrifices and tragic, needless deaths of young people or animals...

Old Yeller
Bambi
Titanic
On Golden Pond
Evita

Begin discussion
Hey Les, did you ever watch Ghost? That movie always makes me cry lke a baby.

P.S Agreed on Titanic, but never watched the other movies you mentioned. Also, Tearms of Endearment and Immitation of Life (A real old movie) are real tear jearkers as well.

Last edited by lestatar; 12-02-2010 at 01:11 PM.