android
  #1  
Old 12-01-2010, 04:47 PM
BruceBanner's Avatar
BruceBanner BruceBanner is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 1,840
Default PSPGo

I've often thought abi should have a psp3000 and pspgo subforum but nevermind.

For anyone out there that has a ps3 and a pspgo, can the pspgo be paired to the ps3 in such a way as to simply act as an additional control pad (for playing two player games or when the official dual shock controller has ran out of juice etc.

Here in oz a control pad (dual shock official) runs at the price of $100! But i can pick up a pspgo for only $200 so you know where im coming from.

Please note im not really talking about remote play in the sense that you can see the ps3 on the pspgo. I already have a psp3000 and can do that, what im talking about is using the bluetooth feature of the go with the ps3 and using it as a controller for the ps3.

Cheers,

Bruce

PS i tried posting this on official ps3 forums but they're usually pretty useless but i know this forum well, a bit off topic i know but hey...
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Adub's Avatar
Adub Adub is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: T DOT
Posts: 1,604
Default

We don't have a specific PSP forum but we do have a gaming forum, which is where this goes .
__________________
last.fm#abi ircrockboxnoobglossaryhiphopthreadhorrormoviethread
XBLive Tag: wuaffiliate
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 12-01-2010, 04:56 PM
TechyguyDR's Avatar
TechyguyDR TechyguyDR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Default

There's actually a gaming subforum here under the Other Technology forum. Its probably the best place for this topic

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181

I recently got a PSP, but I don't have a PS3, but this might be a useful link: http://www.ehow.com/how_4967221_use-...ontroller.html
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 12-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Adub's Avatar
Adub Adub is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: T DOT
Posts: 1,604
Default

I moved it
__________________
last.fm#abi ircrockboxnoobglossaryhiphopthreadhorrormoviethread
XBLive Tag: wuaffiliate
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
BruceBanner's Avatar
BruceBanner BruceBanner is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 1,840
Default

Thanx! But yeh would stil llike to know
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 12-01-2010, 05:06 PM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

PSP? Pfff.... DS or GTFO.
__________________
Please don't PM me with questions that can be answered in a forum thread. Don't be an idiot.
My Gear and Reviews | My RMAA Tests | IRC: #anythingbutipod on Freenode | Last.fm | Album Art Exchange | Rockbox | Replaygain
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 12-01-2010, 05:12 PM
BruceBanner's Avatar
BruceBanner BruceBanner is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 1,840
Default

haham no console racism here please :P
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Adub's Avatar
Adub Adub is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: T DOT
Posts: 1,604
Default

Here ya go hehe
__________________
last.fm#abi ircrockboxnoobglossaryhiphopthreadhorrormoviethread
XBLive Tag: wuaffiliate
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
BruceBanner's Avatar
BruceBanner BruceBanner is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 1,840
Default

Thanx adub i was hunting but actually never stumbles upon sum of that info. But i just saw a blazing oversight, the pspgo has LESS buttons than a dualshock so the idea is pretty dumb, u could do sum things with it but definately not play games and that was half the purpose.
I just dont get how a control pad here in oz is $100 and the pspgo $200! Control pad should be like $30! pfft
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 12-02-2010, 04:17 AM
headpiece747's Avatar
headpiece747 headpiece747 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Thanx adub i was hunting but actually never stumbles upon sum of that info. But i just saw a blazing oversight, the pspgo has LESS buttons than a dualshock so the idea is pretty dumb, u could do sum things with it but definately not play games and that was half the purpose.
I just dont get how a control pad here in oz is $100 and the pspgo $200! Control pad should be like $30! pfft
Here is a list on Amazon of PS3 controllers http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+shock&x=0&y=0 with the cheapest being $27 for an off brand and $45 for the Sony official controller. If you don't need Dual Shock 3 then the old controllers can be had for alot cheaper just search Google. I have a PSPgo and have used it as a controller and it works good for simple games like fighters but you are right it is not good for more complex games.
__________________
Zune HD | Sansa Clip+
Denon AHD2000 | Beats by Dre Studio | JVC HA-RX300 | MEElectronics M6 | JVC HA-FXC80
Ecliptic Sight & Art by Ecliptic Sight
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 12-02-2010, 04:38 AM
BruceBanner's Avatar
BruceBanner BruceBanner is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 1,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpiece747 View Post
Here is a list on Amazon of PS3 controllers http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+shock&x=0&y=0 with the cheapest being $27 for an off brand and $45 for the Sony official controller. If you don't need Dual Shock 3 then the old controllers can be had for alot cheaper just search Google. I have a PSPgo and have used it as a controller and it works good for simple games like fighters but you are right it is not good for more complex games.
woah woah woah, back up there! Every sony ps3/pspgo forum stated that the pspgo could NOT be used as a controller for the ps3!
Are you saying that the pspgo CAN be used as a controller for the ps3 albeit a lamer less buttoned featured controller? If this is so can you please explain the process.
Is it via bluetooth or remote play?
Can the dual shock and pspgo be used at the same time in a game (like a 2 player game where the additional buttons arnt needed?)
Basically I already have a psp3000, im looking for a smallish excuse to buy the pspgo, and if it acts as a secondary controller even just for simple navigation around the menus then i might consider it a viable purchase, god knows how many times the dual shock controller has died on me even with its idle state turned off.

Cheers,

Bruce
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 12-02-2010, 08:29 AM
yuki's Avatar
yuki yuki is offline
General Audio Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mesa Az
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
PSP? Pfff.... DS or GTFO.
My ds gets use everyday while my psp is sitting in a box collecting dust :P specs don't mean anything if you have bad games ...
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 AM
headpiece747's Avatar
headpiece747 headpiece747 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
PSP? Pfff.... DS or GTFO.
Have both PSPgo and DS but the PSP gets way more use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
woah woah woah, back up there! Every sony ps3/pspgo forum stated that the pspgo could NOT be used as a controller for the ps3!
Are you saying that the pspgo CAN be used as a controller for the ps3 albeit a lamer less buttoned featured controller? If this is so can you please explain the process.
Is it via bluetooth or remote play?
Can the dual shock and pspgo be used at the same time in a game (like a 2 player game where the additional buttons arnt needed?)
Basically I already have a psp3000, im looking for a smallish excuse to buy the pspgo, and if it acts as a secondary controller even just for simple navigation around the menus then i might consider it a viable purchase, god knows how many times the dual shock controller has died on me even with its idle state turned off.

Cheers,

Bruce
Sorry for getting your hopes up but I was talking about Remote Play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
My ds gets use everyday while my psp is sitting in a box collecting dust :P specs don't mean anything if you have bad games ...
There are a lot of good games for both systems and like I said I use the PSP way more.
__________________
Zune HD | Sansa Clip+
Denon AHD2000 | Beats by Dre Studio | JVC HA-RX300 | MEElectronics M6 | JVC HA-FXC80
Ecliptic Sight & Art by Ecliptic Sight
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 12-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Overlord Nadrian's Avatar
Overlord Nadrian Overlord Nadrian is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpiece747 View Post
There are a lot of good games for both systems and like I said I use the PSP way more.
I pretty much only use the PSP to play back some multimedia, or to browse the web while I'm playing a game on my DS (that is, if I'm not anywhere near my computer).

The DS's games are better than the PSP's, no doubt in that.
__________________
When the game is over, the king and the pawn go in the same box.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 AM
BruceBanner's Avatar
BruceBanner BruceBanner is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 1,840
Default

alright, one last thing, can the pspgo stream music wirelessly via its bluetooth to a bluetooth speaker or headphones? Or is it plain file transfer only?
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 PM
BruceBanner's Avatar
BruceBanner BruceBanner is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 1,840
Default

ach, i bought the pspgo and im flogging my psp3000, will review it in the near future and report back
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:33 PM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 15,985
Default

So, in a nutshell, are you enjoying it???
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
BruceBanner's Avatar
BruceBanner BruceBanner is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 1,840
Default

ah... I havn't got it yet, just ordered it. I'm gonna treat myself to it as a xmas pressie so wont be opening it till xmas day xD (other wise i'll have nuthing to look forward to :'(

The pspgo is smaller, lighter and more pocketable, actually the psp3000 isnt pocketable imho. It also has Bluetooth which im after.

I'll review it in the coming year.
The psp3000 is a good device, i have generally positve things to say about the gizmo. Neways, I really think the pspgo and psp3000 should have their own subforums here (under Sony). They play music, pics, movies and play games! Why not? Also psp forums in general are terrible and hard to get any advice/responses not like here.
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 PM
headpiece747's Avatar
headpiece747 headpiece747 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Nadrian View Post
I pretty much only use the PSP to play back some multimedia, or to browse the web while I'm playing a game on my DS (that is, if I'm not anywhere near my computer).

The DS's games are better than the PSP's, no doubt in that.
There are good games on both systems and alot of people have different preferences on devices and games. I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
ah... I havn't got it yet, just ordered it. I'm gonna treat myself to it as a xmas pressie so wont be opening it till xmas day xD (other wise i'll have nuthing to look forward to :'(

The pspgo is smaller, lighter and more pocketable, actually the psp3000 isnt pocketable imho. It also has Bluetooth which im after.

I'll review it in the coming year.
The psp3000 is a good device, i have generally positve things to say about the gizmo. Neways, I really think the pspgo and psp3000 should have their own subforums here (under Sony). They play music, pics, movies and play games! Why not? Also psp forums in general are terrible and hard to get any advice/responses not like here.
Glad you went with the PSPGo it is a great system and I think you will enjoy it. You can do alot with it and I will wait for the review.
__________________
Zune HD | Sansa Clip+
Denon AHD2000 | Beats by Dre Studio | JVC HA-RX300 | MEElectronics M6 | JVC HA-FXC80
Ecliptic Sight & Art by Ecliptic Sight
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 12-09-2010, 03:51 PM
BruceBanner's Avatar
BruceBanner BruceBanner is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia, NSW
Posts: 1,840
Default

Yhe i'm pretty familiar with the system having owned a psp3000.

I sold the psp3000 for $100 last night, the pspgo costs $200 and it comes with 10 free games (as part of sony's deal). Some of the games are GT, Little Big Planet, Wipeout Pure, Grandtheft Auto, so some pretty decent titles.

The way i'm looking at it is I spent $100 to upgrade and gain 10 new games

Am i right there are no 32gb M2 cards tho? Was kinda hoping to make it a massive 48gb player
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.