android
Old 12-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default PSPGo

I've often thought abi should have a psp3000 and pspgo subforum but nevermind.

For anyone out there that has a ps3 and a pspgo, can the pspgo be paired to the ps3 in such a way as to simply act as an additional control pad (for playing two player games or when the official dual shock controller has ran out of juice etc.

Here in oz a control pad (dual shock official) runs at the price of $100! But i can pick up a pspgo for only $200 so you know where im coming from.

Please note im not really talking about remote play in the sense that you can see the ps3 on the pspgo. I already have a psp3000 and can do that, what im talking about is using the bluetooth feature of the go with the ps3 and using it as a controller for the ps3.

Cheers,

Bruce

PS i tried posting this on official ps3 forums but they're usually pretty useless but i know this forum well, a bit off topic i know but hey...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-01-2010, 04:54 PM

We don't have a specific PSP forum but we do have a gaming forum, which is where this goes .
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 12-01-2010, 04:56 PM

There's actually a gaming subforum here under the Other Technology forum. Its probably the best place for this topic

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181

I recently got a PSP, but I don't have a PS3, but this might be a useful link: http://www.ehow.com/how_4967221_use-...ontroller.html

Old 12-01-2010, 04:57 PM

I moved it

Old 12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanx! But yeh would stil llike to know

Old 12-01-2010, 05:06 PM

PSP? Pfff.... DS or GTFO.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

haham no console racism here please :P

Old 12-01-2010, 05:16 PM

Here ya go hehe

Old 12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanx adub i was hunting but actually never stumbles upon sum of that info. But i just saw a blazing oversight, the pspgo has LESS buttons than a dualshock so the idea is pretty dumb, u could do sum things with it but definately not play games and that was half the purpose.
I just dont get how a control pad here in oz is $100 and the pspgo $200! Control pad should be like $30! pfft

Old 12-02-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Thanx adub i was hunting but actually never stumbles upon sum of that info. But i just saw a blazing oversight, the pspgo has LESS buttons than a dualshock so the idea is pretty dumb, u could do sum things with it but definately not play games and that was half the purpose.
I just dont get how a control pad here in oz is $100 and the pspgo $200! Control pad should be like $30! pfft
Here is a list on Amazon of PS3 controllers http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+shock&x=0&y=0 with the cheapest being $27 for an off brand and $45 for the Sony official controller. If you don't need Dual Shock 3 then the old controllers can be had for alot cheaper just search Google. I have a PSPgo and have used it as a controller and it works good for simple games like fighters but you are right it is not good for more complex games.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpiece747 View Post
Here is a list on Amazon of PS3 controllers http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+shock&x=0&y=0 with the cheapest being $27 for an off brand and $45 for the Sony official controller. If you don't need Dual Shock 3 then the old controllers can be had for alot cheaper just search Google. I have a PSPgo and have used it as a controller and it works good for simple games like fighters but you are right it is not good for more complex games.
woah woah woah, back up there! Every sony ps3/pspgo forum stated that the pspgo could NOT be used as a controller for the ps3!
Are you saying that the pspgo CAN be used as a controller for the ps3 albeit a lamer less buttoned featured controller? If this is so can you please explain the process.
Is it via bluetooth or remote play?
Can the dual shock and pspgo be used at the same time in a game (like a 2 player game where the additional buttons arnt needed?)
Basically I already have a psp3000, im looking for a smallish excuse to buy the pspgo, and if it acts as a secondary controller even just for simple navigation around the menus then i might consider it a viable purchase, god knows how many times the dual shock controller has died on me even with its idle state turned off.

Cheers,

Bruce

Old 12-02-2010, 08:29 AM
General Audio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
My ds gets use everyday while my psp is sitting in a box collecting dust :P specs don't mean anything if you have bad games ...

Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Have both PSPgo and DS but the PSP gets way more use.

Quote:
woah woah woah, back up there! Every sony ps3/pspgo forum stated that the pspgo could NOT be used as a controller for the ps3!
Are you saying that the pspgo CAN be used as a controller for the ps3 albeit a lamer less buttoned featured controller? If this is so can you please explain the process.
Is it via bluetooth or remote play?
Can the dual shock and pspgo be used at the same time in a game (like a 2 player game where the additional buttons arnt needed?)
Basically I already have a psp3000, im looking for a smallish excuse to buy the pspgo, and if it acts as a secondary controller even just for simple navigation around the menus then i might consider it a viable purchase, god knows how many times the dual shock controller has died on me even with its idle state turned off.

Cheers,

Bruce
Sorry for getting your hopes up but I was talking about Remote Play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
My ds gets use everyday while my psp is sitting in a box collecting dust :P specs don't mean anything if you have bad games ...
There are a lot of good games for both systems and like I said I use the PSP way more.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpiece747 View Post
There are a lot of good games for both systems and like I said I use the PSP way more.
I pretty much only use the PSP to play back some multimedia, or to browse the web while I'm playing a game on my DS (that is, if I'm not anywhere near my computer).

The DS's games are better than the PSP's, no doubt in that.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

alright, one last thing, can the pspgo stream music wirelessly via its bluetooth to a bluetooth speaker or headphones? Or is it plain file transfer only?

Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

ach, i bought the pspgo and im flogging my psp3000, will review it in the near future and report back

Old 12-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So, in a nutshell, are you enjoying it???

Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

ah... I havn't got it yet, just ordered it. I'm gonna treat myself to it as a xmas pressie so wont be opening it till xmas day xD (other wise i'll have nuthing to look forward to :'(

The pspgo is smaller, lighter and more pocketable, actually the psp3000 isnt pocketable imho. It also has Bluetooth which im after.

I'll review it in the coming year.
The psp3000 is a good device, i have generally positve things to say about the gizmo. Neways, I really think the pspgo and psp3000 should have their own subforums here (under Sony). They play music, pics, movies and play games! Why not? Also psp forums in general are terrible and hard to get any advice/responses not like here.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Nadrian View Post
I pretty much only use the PSP to play back some multimedia, or to browse the web while I'm playing a game on my DS (that is, if I'm not anywhere near my computer).

The DS's games are better than the PSP's, no doubt in that.
There are good games on both systems and alot of people have different preferences on devices and games. I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
ah... I havn't got it yet, just ordered it. I'm gonna treat myself to it as a xmas pressie so wont be opening it till xmas day xD (other wise i'll have nuthing to look forward to :'(

The pspgo is smaller, lighter and more pocketable, actually the psp3000 isnt pocketable imho. It also has Bluetooth which im after.

I'll review it in the coming year.
The psp3000 is a good device, i have generally positve things to say about the gizmo. Neways, I really think the pspgo and psp3000 should have their own subforums here (under Sony). They play music, pics, movies and play games! Why not? Also psp forums in general are terrible and hard to get any advice/responses not like here.
Glad you went with the PSPGo it is a great system and I think you will enjoy it. You can do alot with it and I will wait for the review.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yhe i'm pretty familiar with the system having owned a psp3000.

I sold the psp3000 for $100 last night, the pspgo costs $200 and it comes with 10 free games (as part of sony's deal). Some of the games are GT, Little Big Planet, Wipeout Pure, Grandtheft Auto, so some pretty decent titles.

The way i'm looking at it is I spent $100 to upgrade and gain 10 new games

Am i right there are no 32gb M2 cards tho? Was kinda hoping to make it a massive 48gb player