android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon J3 > Cowon J3 Accessories

Old 11-27-2010, 05:16 AM

Default Finally! Cowon J3 in my hands now i need some advice on accessories

After a journey that began last year,( i think in september, watching out, reading numerous reviews for myriads of mp3 players and then all of a sudden hearing about a mysterious device "they" called the Cowon J3 and then some more waiting, cryin'( not so much) and hoping that this device will be the "ONE", reading some more reviews and catching a hint from a certain person on this here forum that this might actually be the best player around i ultimately settled on the J3 (well, actually i already did that when it was revealed back in march, i think... just needed some more confirmation) ,period.

AND THEN, the real waiting began... who would have thought that it will take some 8!!! months for the J3 to be officially available in germany(i'm not buying from some grey import overprized junk seller, i'm a prize/value junkie).

TODAY...it was this day when the sweet tune of a creaking door bell announced the arrival of "my precious".

and now i am sitting here, waiting again...for the J3 to be fully charged so i can fiddle with it.

long story short: the sudden arrival of the J3 kind off blew me off my feet, cause i can't really use it right now, as i am lacking a case (maybe some screen protector), a wall charger and decent headphones ( i already have headphones thread open, sorry for that)

i already have some stuff in my mind like a rearth ringke (whatever the name) case but i really don't know where to buy it from. i'd like to buy local, to avoid taxes (and also because i don't have a credit/debit card, but a bank-, moneybookers and paypal account) but i'm rather sure that i won't find any german/EU stores selling these cases.

i am thinking about exportprive.com, but i would appreciate if you EU guys can direct me to a store located in germany/EU or an ebay seller (didn't find any).

then, i need a decent wall charger, not some chinese junk or whatever (exportprivé does sell one, too, for a good prize)

lastly i need phones... in the mid range... i thought about hippos, but they are currently either not on sale (hippo 10) or not on stock... am thinking about HJE900, too but they are way to expensive if try to order from a german seller.

thanks a lot if you made it to this last sentence without falling asleep... the battery is charged i'm off abusing the J3 with my sticky, sweaty hands.

(english gramar is getting on me nuts)

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-27-2010, 07:04 AM

spend as much time on your phones as you did with the J3. Phones are key.
Note what everyone compares their IEMs too. There are are few standard headsets which are wonderfull. Get the best for the best.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Congratulations on your purchase. You have a lot of good listening ahead of you!

I agree with g.711's comments on headphones. The J3 benefits greatly from good 'phones.

I bought the official Cowon leather case and have been very pleased with it. It is well made, protects the player very effectively and gives you full access to all of the buttons and ports.

Despite this being so good, I have just ordered a Ringke case. I ordered it direct from the Rearth website. I like the idea of a case that will protect the player without obstructing the screen, so thought I would try the Ringke.

In my opinion, the screen protector is a must. I bought the official Cowon product. Just take care when putting it on, just as you would with any screen protector.

The other accessory I really like is my X-mi Mini 2 speaker. Decent sound - but not hi-fi - and is far better than the internal speaker on the J3.

I didn't like the Cowon software and have never been impressed with Windows Media Player, so I downloaded MediaMonkey which is pretty good with the J3. You can use it to rip CDs, even into FLAC.

Have fun!

Old 12-10-2010, 08:38 AM

yay, my ringke case arrived today including a tiny and cute wall charger, i hope it won't explode, the build of the usb port isn't that great, that plastic tongue is little bit titled, the plug fits though.

the ringke case fits perfectly.

unfortunately the J3 still won't turn on while charging only, which is kind of a dissapointment, i am used to turning my mp3 player on whenever i want cause my iriver h320 didn't mind either, well...

so... i guess some new headphones are next in line. unfortunately, the hippo 10 aren't available anymore (discontinued?) at jaben and i'd like to have a more balanced signature than i get from my bassy cx-300. i was thinking HJE 900, but it's way too expensive it still costs about €140 (incl. shipping) and that's about $185.

so, guys ('n' gals) any suggestions?

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 AM

I've seen way better pricing on the HJE 900, did you shop around.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-10-2010, 09:08 AM

well not in germany, though. i ran it through multiple price comparison sites and they all came up with the €130 + shipping price tag.

they're going for €150 ($198) at amazon.de

in uk they only cost about €110, though.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 AM

What about Phonaks?
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 AM

ic, I wouldn't pay that much either, although I would check the price every now and then to see if you find a sale, maybe after the holidays. Good luck with the search ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc