android
Old 11-25-2010, 11:33 PM

Default Gran Turismo 5

any other people obsessed or have GT5 here? I'm a huge GT5 fan and I picked it up midnight during the day of the release and I've been playing it since... and all I can say is that it's totally epic... Anyone plays it here aswell? or anyone should I say obsessed with it like me lol... Just wondering how much people here in abi actually likes it cuz my friends think that I take GT5 waaayy to seriously and they all just end up suggesting blackops to me which I don't really like that much lol

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sounds like how I was with GT1 and GT2.....I played them constantly, for months and months.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:13 AM
General Audio Moderator

I am planning on picking this up in a few minutes after all the early morning sale bs is over with. What sold me is you can use a 1965 fiat 500 and the game has damage physics , this could be a wining combo. Fiat 500 for that time frame is one of my favorite cars , can wait to do a rally race with it. Also yeah i have no idea what the draw is for the call of crap games, i b elive they just happen to appeal to degenerates.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

Old 11-26-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
I am planning on picking this up in a few minutes after all the early morning sale bs is over with. What sold me is you can use a 1965 fiat 500 and the game has damage physics , this could be a wining combo. Fiat 500 for that time frame is one of my favorite cars , can wait to do a rally race with it. Also yeah i have no idea what the draw is for the call of crap games, i b elive they just happen to appeal to degenerates.
I totally agree with you but I have to say and I don't really want to spoil it to you but I reckon you would be disappointed with the damage physics... I don't knw why but seriously.. I've been trying to crash the cars really hard intentionally but I just can't see any damage .. Otherwise it's the best game I've ever played.. The physics of the cars is actually pretty good for a game... One of the most realistic i've ever tried... especially with a steering wheel..

BTW.... let's play online yuki if you have time.. just message me on PSN

Old 11-26-2010, 11:36 PM
General Audio Moderator

Yeah it would be fun to play online but i need to get good at it first :P . What car did you start out with ? I started with an mr2 and just bought a s2000...

Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah it would be fun to play online but i need to get good at it first :P . What car did you start out with ? I started with an mr2 and just bought a s2000...
I started with a mazda miata.. I have like 14 cars now.. But I got a free coupon when I preordered my gt5 and I got the stealth cars aswell (its a racing version of honda nsx, mclaren F1 and some other mazda that I forgot the name of).. So those races with no class limitations are sooo easy.... I just actually go with the flow of the races and see what car I need and just buy what I need lol.. I'm a wee bit disappointed I must say about the fact that there is no interior view for standard cars... GRR.. But I guess it's alright since most of the newer cars are preimium anyways..

PS: oh and yes the install time is super freaking, annoyingly long.. and i only had the game for two days and it already had two updates.. Which took me an hour long for one.. which is also quite annoying.. anyhow.. it's the best racing game ever..

Old 11-29-2010, 09:14 AM
General Audio Moderator

So I found out this morning that damage physics only show up when you get to level 20 , then past that it gets worse depending on how you bang up the car. When you reach level 40 then it is realistic damage, stuff will fall off and such.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
So I found out this morning that damage physics only show up when you get to level 20 , then past that it gets worse depending on how you bang up the car. When you reach level 40 then it is realistic damage, stuff will fall off and such.
I played a couple a days ago, and the damage is present in any level, but you really need to bang your car numerous times so see something happening, on those first levels.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:40 PM

Wow thanks guys... I actually didin't knw that the realistic damage only shows up when you reach level 40... That's why I was wondering where the 'realistic' damage is.. I mean there is some damage at my current level... (lvl 12 - yup I haven't been playing for a while.. damn I need some spare time lol) buy as sYlt said, you need to bang the cars reallly hard to see some minor damage...

Btw, yuki, what level are you knw.. sorry I wasnt able to check your profile on GT yet lol.. as I said I haven't been playing lately.. you're probably ahead of me already

Old 11-30-2010, 10:04 AM
General Audio Moderator

I am currently at level 14 almost 15 , went back to using my favorite car the Mitsubishi evo x.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Cant you turn on the realistic damage, do you really need to grind like a wowaholic to get that from the game?

I was looking to pick up this game but seriously I'm not that vested into racing games that I wanna play up to some level to get what I want from a racing game... ffs.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack4L View Post
Cant you turn on the realistic damage, do you really need to grind like a wowaholic to get that from the game?

I was looking to pick up this game but seriously I'm not that vested into racing games that I wanna play up to some level to get what I want from a racing game... ffs.
lol it's part of the fun though.. It's a great racing game, especially when you have a steering wheel for your ps3.. i currently have a driving force GT but i really want to get a g27 soon.. Well if you're not really a fan of racing games and it might not be for you then.. it's because I must admit.. you don't get the same fun as you get from playing for example NFS.. it's the same kind of fun.. In NFS it's more like wow look at me Im drifting at a really fast speed type of fun.. In gt5 it's more like satisfaction fun from driving in a really good racing game.. it's really hard to explain but it is quite rewarding after you've driven in gt5.. especially with a steering wheel as I 've said.. I mean there's an arcade mode on gt5 but it's not really the same lol and you only get limited number of cars on arcade mode.. So you do bascally have to finish the game.. ... Overall in my opinion.. it's an awesome game and if you're not a big fan of racing games. maybe you should rent or borrow it first from a friend, just try it.., you'll never knw you might actually fall in love with the magic of GT5 that get's most people hooked

PS: believe me.. half of my classmates wants to come to my house and play gt5 lol

PPS: oh and I don't think you can turn off the realistic damage.. Well someone can correct me if I'm wrong.. Cuz I don't really mind it lol.. I don't crash often anyways

Old 11-30-2010, 06:05 PM

Gran Turismo is a driving simulator and NFS is more of an arcade racer, or at least this is what I always thought.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyer93 View Post
Gran Turismo is a driving simulator and NFS is more of an arcade racer, or at least this is what I always thought.
yup.. you're absolutely right.. but some people just find the physics of GT5 a little bit too realistic and not fun for some reason... IMO it's completely the opposite.. I like more realistic racing sim games better than those arcarde racers.. such as GRID and NFS.. (although I still play them when i have a chance, i just don't like it as much..

Old 11-30-2010, 07:59 PM

I am not really into racing games, the last one I really enjoyed was Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. The new Hot Pursuit looks good and I might get it. I did play Gran Turismo 4 and it was good but not really my type of game. I also played Forza Motorsport 3 which was good as well. If I had a Playstation 3 I would try it out.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I was actually wondering if you could just turn ON the most realistic damage without doing the whole level up spiel :P

Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack4L View Post
I was actually wondering if you could just turn ON the most realistic damage without doing the whole level up spiel :P
Hmm.. probably not cuz I haven't found any option to... But I did notice that the damage get's more and more intense when I level up every single time.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 AM
General Audio Moderator

I just got to level 15 and it seems that arcade mode has damage now but the simulation mode does not. I like not having the damage until much later as you can get to learn to drive the cars well enough so you wont kill them :P. I read in some interview with the lead creator of the game that soon the game will get an update that allows the cars to have mechanical failures (this is said to be turned on or off in options). They might be adding an option to turn off and on the other damage physics at a later date i guess if they will do it for mechanical damage.

As for the game , I am really having quite of fun with it. Just got the newer lotus elise and upgraded it fully including all wight reductions. I can gold the British lightweight races ever time which is about $25k of money you win every time. The upgrade give you a trophy once you buy so much , It does not say how many but i got it after $200k worth of upgrades total :P. With the upgrades the elise is sure my favorite small car in the game , I am saving up to get the Audi RS 6 Avant '08 which is a station wagon with a shit load of hp ... Still been using my evo 10 for most of the races though.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:30 PM

Yuki I have offically now have 4 000 000 credits xD