android
Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 PM

Default Chakra (aka HO) Alpha Test

Chakra is a UCI for both Cowon S9 and J3. It's an upgrade of the HO UCI, but is currently in alpha state due to source code maintenances.

The latest version, a2 Build 2101011152056, has the following features:
- Multiple desktops
- Icons, custom icons, widgets
- Folders (better compared to HO)
- Swipeable menubar (3 pages)

------

v1.0 b2pre (build 201012120033) (Post @ iaudiophile.net)

Previous releases:

- v1.0 a2 (build 201011152056) (Post @ iaudiophile.net)

- v1.0 a1 pre (build 201011072243) (Post @ iaudiophile.net)

- v1.0 a1 pre (build 201011070033) (Post @ iaudiophile.net)

- v1.0 a1 pre (build 201011061338)

-------

How to use custom icons:

- Create a folder 'Chakra' in 'System/Flash UI'

- Create a folder 'custom icons' in 'System/Flash UI/Chakra'

- Put icons in the 'custom icons' folder. Every icon must be there twice: One with and one without label. The naming is: 'icon name.png' and 'icon name__l.png'. 'icon name' is a unique identifier of the custom icon. Read the text below for more details.

- Create a file 'custom icons.xml' in 'Chakra' and open it with a text editor.
Copy and paste the following content:
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<icons>

</icons>
- For every icon you have create an entry in <icons>...</icons> with the following scheme:
Code:
<icon name="name" type="type" file="file" />
Name: A unique name for the custom icon
Type: 'Launcher' or 'Flash'
File: Filename of the file the icon opens. If the type is 'Launcher', the file must be in 'System/Flash UI/', otherwise it has to be put into 'Flash/'.

- Custom icons can be found in the icon menu. There may be more than one page, so swipe down to go to the next page. There's an indicator on the right side which shows the current page.

The archive already contains the folder structure and the XML file. There's already a sample custom icon added which launches memtest.swf, a game I created.

Last edited by Kizune; 12-20-2010 at 04:10 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-16-2010, 01:14 PM

Nice. Any idea when it's going to come out of alpha stage into beta/full version?

Old 11-16-2010, 03:20 PM

Hehe, Audio File asked the same thing at iaudiophile.net.

There is no ETA yet, because it depends on how fast I'll have finished the plugin class, the event manager and external widgets support. As soon as these three main features are completed or almost completed, I'll release Chakra as beta.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:20 AM

totally useless.... after all this hardwork it returns with nothing but a scattered desktop.
S9 users should try the latest firmware. there are details about custom the icons.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 PM

Status report of Chakra v1.0 b1

Settings Screen: 100%

Available Settings: 100%

Plugin Class: 10%

Event Manager: 0%

~50% of Chakra v1.0 Beta 1 is finished.

These are my targets for the first beta.

This means for example that "available settings: 100%" does not mean that the settings in the first beta are all available settings in the final release.

---------

Status update

Plugin Class:
90%

Event Manager:
55% (Design: 90%, Code: 20%)

Old 11-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Chakra v1.0 b1 (Build 201011222156)

Changes:

- Added Settings screen (only General settings work, you have to reset your device if you enter another section)

- Added Event Manager

- Added PlugIn Class (instructions and API documentation here)

Old 11-23-2010, 11:15 AM

I can't get out of the launcher settings and security settings when in the options. The back arrow in the bottom right doesn't let me go back. And what do the launcher and secutiry sesttings do? There are no options in each.

Oh I figured out how to go back, you just hold the button but I still don't know what they do

Old 11-23-2010, 11:42 AM

How do you move icons from one page to another and folders alltogether?

Edit: Ok I've now figured out how to move icons from one page to the other but I still can't figure out how to move the folders. When I try to drag a folder they don't move :S

Last edited by !"$%^&*(; 11-23-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 PM

"Edit: Ok I've now figured out how to move icons from one page to the other but I still can't figure out how to move the folders. When I try to drag a folder they don't move :S"

You always have to press and hold the folder until you can move it.
That's because when you just tap a folder, it is opened so that you can rearrange the icons in there and move them out of the folder (by dragging it beyond the black area).

Old 11-23-2010, 02:48 PM

ahh thanks, that worked
What about the security and launch button options in the settings, what do they do? Mine are blank.

Also, I deleted a folder and now I can't get back the icons that where in this folder. They are greyed out on the screen where you select the icons. (they are the memory test and event manager icons and i have looked under other icons to see if they are hiding behind them!!)

Edit: Since the greyed out icons I deleted all the icons from the menues to start again, wierdly I now had the event manager and memory test back but the flash icon and hunter game where now greyed out (these were in a folder which I deleated when delated every icon and folder). I turned the player off and on again and now the folder which the flash icon and hunter game where in was visible in the bottom of the screen. I then deleated this folder again. I now had all of the icons available to use so started making folders again, I changed my mind on one of the folders I had made so deleated it, it contained the hunter game, flash icon and memory game. After deleaing this folder the flash icon and hunter game where available to reset but the memory game had been greyed out again.

That took some explaining Hope you understand what I'm saying

I'm using claw as menu one with claw's launcher etc. by the way (with dark evolution and Klaw's browser)

Last edited by !"$%^&*(; 11-23-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:36 PM

Very awesome. Haven't had the J3 for more than a couple weeks, but I've just started looking at some different UI mods. I really like this so far, and I'm sure there's plenty more I can do and don't realize yet. I'm a big fan everything I've seen, and I know it's still in progress but here's a couple of things I noticed or would like in case you didn't know about them (forgive my terminology):

-When in the view with no icons, and just rows (similar to the Zune layout), the time is correct but the date isn't in English (my selected system language)
-I would really like for the music widget to open the full music app when I tap the album art.

Great start! Look forward to the updates.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 12-13-2010, 01:32 PM

"-When in the view with no icons, and just rows (similar to the Zune layout), the time is correct but the date isn't in English (my selected system language)"

I would be difficult to save the date format of every country in Chakra, thus I chose the American date format as global format.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:33 PM

Chakra v1.0 Beta 2 Pre

Build 201012120033

Changes
Event Manager:
- Unlimited events per day (before: 2)
- Set the dates when a notification is to be shown (up to 5 dates)
- If there are more than 2 notifications, ther eare no popups shown. Instead there is a notification group shown. More information about that feature below.
- Added Event Manager settings to the Settings Screen
- Fixed some bugs

Notification Class:
- PlugIns can show notifications using this class
- The notification class shows multiple events as groups. This means that there is a black bar on the top right corner of the screen which contains a symbol and a number. The number shows the number of notifications in that group.
- Tap a notification group to see all notifications of the group. The notifications are automatically mark as read when you close the popup.

Misc:
- Swipe up/down to show/hide the menu bar
- Added post-it widget. This widget shows typist texts. Use the arrow buttons to change the currently shown text.
- Music widget: The switch theme button is replaced with a combi-button. This means that the button has an icon on the left side which changes the widget's theme when tapped, and an icon on the right side which opens the music screen. The theme where the album art is small and only a play button is shown doesn't contain this combi-button due to space issues.

Please note:
This is a pre-beta so there are still lots of bugs and some features are still missing.

IMPORTANT: Your Event Manager database isn't compatible with Chakra b2pre's Event manager database! Please delete the file 'chakra_eventmgr.sol' in /System/Flash UI/ to avoid issues!

Download

Last edited by Kizune; 12-13-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:33 PM

Chakra PlugIn: Startup Actions

Build 201012120250

This PlugIn allows the user to start music playback and/or open the music screen automatically on startup.

Feel free to suggest more options!

How to install:

1. Extract the contents of the archive in '/System/Flash UI/Chakra/PlugIns/'

2. Go to the folder '/System/Flash UI/Chakra/' and open the file 'plugins.xml' with a text editor.

3. Add the line '<plugin file="startup_actions.swf" />' between '<plugins>...</plugins>'

4. How your modified XML file may look like (this is an example!):
Code:
<plugins>
  <plugin file="event_interface.swf" />
  <plugin file="startup_actions.swf" />
</plugins>

How to change the plugin's settings:

1. Go to the Chakra Settings screen

2. Open PlugIn Settings -> Startup Actions

Download

Old 12-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Chakra PlugIn: Wallpaper Changer

Build 201012131853

This PlugIn loads a random wallpaper from the folder 'System/Flash UI/chakra/plugins/res__wallpaper_changer.swf/'.

There is also the option 'Change Wallpaper automatically'. If this option is enabled, when you change the desktop, the wallpaper is changed, too. It's similar to the extended wallpaper feature in HO.

Sample wallpapers are included.
Read 'How to add/remove wallpapers' to add more wallpapers or remove the sample ones.

How to install:

1. Extract the contents of the archive in '/System/Flash UI/Chakra/PlugIns/'

2. Go to the folder '/System/Flash UI/Chakra/' and open the file 'plugins.xml' with a text editor.

3. Add the line '<plugin file="wallpaper_changer.swf" />' between '<plugins>...</plugins>'

Code:
<plugins>
     <plugin file="event_interface.swf" />
     <plugin file="startup_actions.swf" />
     <plugin file="wallpaper_changer.swf" />
</plugins>

How to change the plugin's settings:

1. Go to the Chakra Settings screen

2. Open PlugIn Settings -> Wallpaper Changer

How to add/remove wallpapers:

1. Go to '/System/Flash UI/Chakra/PlugIns/res__wallpaper_changer.swf/'

2. Open the file 'wallpaper.xml'

3. Similar to the file 'plugins.xml', you have to add an entry for every wallpaper between '<wallpapers>...</wallpapers>': <wallpaper file="wallpaper.jpg" />

Code:
<wallpapers>
     <wallpaper file="download.jpg" />
     <wallpaper file="fgd4r346.jpg" />
     <wallpaper file="Find_your_way_1280 x 960.jpg" />
     <wallpaper file="drop_fishspot.jpg" />
     <wallpaper file="One_Way_iPhone.jpg" />
     <wallpaper file="vladstudio_underwater2_.jpg" />
     <wallpaper file="Water_In_The_Leaf.jpg" />
</wallpapers>