android
Old 02-10-2011, 04:38 PM

reset it first.
Right side of device, you will see.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2011, 05:36 PM

Yeahh, I have done that to get back. I'm just curious whether or not it's just my device that freezes when holding the back and play button when it's off.

Does your device do that too?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:32 AM

I have two of them.
First was bit faster, maybe second during surfing on menu, but that first was visible just on linux but not on xp.
I saw that problem on internet, and i gess that you shouldnt do that.
Just one button per time.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:43 AM

They know there is some hiss problem with some earphone and they are working over it.in comming one or two updates they will correct this.i use creative ep630 i donot notice it.
Hardware wise both mp860 and mp870 are same.the differnce is mp870 firmware is optimized to support .rm format videos.
Have you analyzed the current firmware of mp860(1.00.12)?dont be confused with firmware no,1.00.12 firmware has been revised 3 times.the size of present firmware is around 92mb(earlier it use to be around 53mb).it contain two files .fwu and .upg(earlier there was only .fwu file) and transcend instruct you to transfer both files to mp860 to upgrade the firmware
you know .upg is firmware file of mp870.so i think after upgrade your mp860 will become eqivalent to mp870 and it may also support .rm format videos(do try it).but iam not able to confirm because i have lend my mp860 for 1 month to one of my friend who was going for holiday

Old 02-18-2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattyguy View Post
yeahh, i have done that to get back. I'm just curious whether or not it's just my device that freezes when holding the back and play button when it's off.

Does your device do that too?
yes its a bug.i have informed it to transcend tech support department few months back and they are working over it

Old 02-18-2011, 05:07 AM

Goto player iformation scroll to firmware version and press record button,you will get a pop up information..i cannot figure out what it all about

Old 02-18-2011, 05:07 AM

Goto transcend forum>t sonic mp3 player.there check my post mp860 secret

Old 02-18-2011, 03:13 PM

tanuj
What is battery life on jour player.
how much did you pay it.
In my country serbia it is currently best buy. 52 euro for 8gb.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:20 PM

Wow tanuj, you're really keeping up with the news.

I like where this company is heading. I really do hope that the hissing is software related.

Also, I too see that popup. It looks like a partition setup for booting and the main storage.

It seems like one of the upgrade files are untouched when i did the update. A residual 50 mb file just sits there.

I wonder if they'd be interested in releasing more information about the device. Perhaps the device uses similar hardware to other rockbox devices?

Old 02-19-2011, 12:03 PM

you will get battery life of around 18-25 hours depending upon how you use the player,file format that ur palying,screen brightness,lyrics sync etc.I paid around 68 dollers for 4GB before 9 months@kefalo

Old 02-19-2011, 12:10 PM

They may give device related information if we insist..but i have never asked them.There is datasheet available at download center for transcend mp860,have u checked that?will it be of any help?@phattyguy

Old 02-19-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj View Post
you will get battery life of around 18-25 hours depending upon how you use the player,file format that ur palying,screen brightness,lyrics sync etc.I paid around 68 dollers for 4GB before 9 months@kefalo
but transcend claim 22h.
This information about battery varies from 9 to 13 hours bu users.
I mean RL usage.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:00 PM

Well, real life usage can mean anything. If you're playing it at maximum volume levels with a lot of screen usage, you'll definitely hit something significantly less than 22 hours. By the way, that's how i use my device daily. I use my Fiio E5 amp to suppress the hissing on the device by putting the device at maximum and the amp at my desired volume. If you want kefalo, I can let my device running based on what you consider real life. I'm not too busy this week.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:49 PM

I have tried few battery run down test.The maximum that i achived was 25h 9min playing 128K CBR MP3,brightness at level 1,volume 30%,creative ep630 earphone and screen saver set to blank after 10sec.I touch the player only two times to check battery.In real life usage i get 18-21 hours battery playing (272-320)K VBR MP3,BRIGHTNESS AT LEVEL 4,VOLUME AT 60%,EQ-NORMAL,SCREEN SAVER BLANK AFTER 10SEC,EP630 EARPHONE.I usually prefer to read some ebook while listing songs.
How much do you achive in real life?i think format of song also affect battery life, flac is real battery killer.Do amp also drain battery fastly?I never use amp.
Also i get around 5-6 hours of battery playing avi video file with brightness at level 4 and volume around 60%.
few recharge discharge cycle also help to calibrate lithium battery battery@phattyguy

Old 02-19-2011, 04:02 PM

There are 4 levels of battery on this player.
With philips headphones, music quality 320kbs, 50% volume and playback,and some HD eq settings, not flat i got 12 hours, of continous playback,without using screen. and with that time, i didnt reach last battery level. Maybe i can reach hour or two if i drain battery to end.
I scroll through radio station and that is big disadvantage, big screen.
It drain battery a lot.
I am nevous guy i surf a lot.
Whan it was new i drain battery very fast, becouse it was all new for me, and i play with settings a lot.
Now, it is different.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM

Tanjun, I have charged/discharged it completely about 3 times now. I know it's really bad for me to do that so often, but i tend to forget whether or not the device is on. I should make a correction that my brightness is actually at 1. I tried to give an example to kefalo that normal usage could really mean anything.

Kefalo, I'll try to reattempt something like your settings. I am actually not surprised that the results are 12 hours for 3 bars. In general, sound enhancements does hit the battery hard in terms of battery life. My previous Samsung devices, and even the current ones if i recall correctly, also take a hard hit from the sound processing.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:24 AM

On internet i found few user review, and just one profesional.
There were two youtube review.
Battery duration vary from 9 (worst) to 13 hours (best)
That were users review.
I dont know was that RL usage or playback without touching anything.
For result of 9 hours i know that was RL usage.
Profesional review gives result of 15 hours..

All in all, i am not of that kind of user, which things that thay own, are the best.
for 22 hours of battery by transcend, i look it like commercial.
It is same with all players, there a loot of commercial.
I like my player.
It cost 52 euro,8gb and in my country serbia it is currently best buy.
For example ipod nano 6th genaration with 8gb memory cost 200 euro.
5th generation with 8gb on sale is 125 euro, regular price 165 euro.
Sony e443 ore something like that with 4gb cost 85 euro.
Sandisk sansa clip + with 2gb cost 45 euro.
Sansa fuze cost 78 euro 4gb.
1 euro = 1.368 dollars
And that is all, maybe sometnihg from samsung and philips but iriver, cowon zune and archos, we can just dream about it.
No one import them.
With all these element. I am satisfied with transcend, 8gb, silicon case, and all other things, i cant get better for that money.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:53 PM

So far, testing with 320kbps mp3's in shuffle with my fiio amp plugged into the jack at 50% volume with SRS WOW HD settings enabled with the occasional checking of the screen (>5 checks for the entire time) at minimum screen brightness. It's been almost 19 hours so far.

Do you have the links to these reviews? 9 is kind of ridiculous, unless it's mixed with audio and video or pure flac at 100% volume with the sound enhancements enabled.

I must say though that I am surprised that it's holding up the 19 hours with the sound enhancements.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:35 AM

http://www.chip.in/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58606 user review

http://www.digitalversus.com/transce..._7942_161.html expert review

Old 02-21-2011, 06:21 AM

Thanks Kefalo.

I can't really say much about the reviews except that it lacks a lot of details into how they actually tested the device for time. Who knows, maybe Transcend's quality control is on the fritz and I just got lucky.

On a side note, I'm surprised that Transcend has created a nicely cut plastic screen cover for their device now, rather than the one pictured in that user review.