Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Default Apple retail store selling Panasonic HJE900 earphones at £199.95. Advise wanted.

I was wondering if someone could give me some advise.

Recently I went on holiday to London and while there I tried to buy top of the range Panasonic HJE900 earphones after reading good reviews on this site but I was told they were discontinued from various electrical stores. I then visited the London Apple store at Regent Street and found the earphones there. They were selling for £199.95. I then bought them for that price but now I am regretting it. Today I went into my local Panasonic shop and found the same earphones going for only £99. I then asked the saleman if this was the right price and he told me they were which got me angry considering I was £100 more for them at the Apple retail store He then mentioned that £199.95 were the RRP but because those are the last in stock from Panasonic they have gone down in price by 50%. He also told me that Apple shouldn't be selling discontinued items at the RRP of £199.95

I was wondering if I was to get in contact with Apple about this matter would they refund me the £100? I was also thinking of sending them back to get my money back but I am scared that if I do that I will not be able to buy them ever again if the two that were in stock at my local Panasonic centre get sold.

Please advise

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]