android
Old 11-03-2010, 04:24 PM

Default Fonts!! Too small [And album art]

So, I'm a relatively old guy and bot the J3 for use while running. I don't do playlists, preferring to cue up whatever album catches my fancy at that point in my run. The problem: The "now playing" screen is virtually useless: The track name and volume are way, way too small, especially when running. I have no need for album art, but would like more information on the screen.

I fear I already know the answer to my query, having browsed these and other fora extensively, and read the manual several times, but...

Is there some way to increase the font size in that screen and/or omit the album art? I have already cranked up the font size in the various list screens, and it's fine at near maximum. But, I would like to be able to see track name and number, and volume level.

I really like Cowon devices. I still have my venerable X5L ("Color Sound") and Cowon SQ is clearly head and shoulders above other brands, even in the adverse conditions of running outside. But, this is a problem.

I would welcome any suggestions from J3 gurus.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 PM

i guess you're right, you cant really take out the album art in the play now, the only way is to tap the album art once to show the information

Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 AM

You can completely change the music user interface (music UI) in the music player -- not just the fonts, but also the appearance of the controls and their function.

Check out iaudiophile.net's J3 and S9 forums, looking under "UCI Themes and Stuff" for new music UCIs. Basically after choosing which one you want, you copy a single file (music.swf) into the System/Flash UI directory on your J3. You can also use most of the music UIs for Cowon's S9 player on the J3, but there might some compatibility problems.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:11 AM

I had been reluctant to try that. I had nearly bricked my S9 with themes in the past. But, I suppose it's time to try again...

Thanks.