android
Old 02-26-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1105 View Post
Well, ive cleaned the inner side of touch panel and lcd, but it didnt helped.
And i didnt understood about the delicate connection between lcd and sensors.
The delicate connection is the second photo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-26-2011, 10:50 AM

It is complicated to deal with defecting hardware, some peoples are so lucky to rid problem without taking option of replacing parts while other does the contrary..

tortymc , you could be the one and only lucky guy

Old 03-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Cool one line touchscreen problem

i also had this one line touch screen problem which eventually grew so much that only one line was working afterwards....so i send it on warranty ..and i got it repaired with a thin protective layer inside the glass shield...and now it works like a charm......i m from india

Old 03-01-2011, 10:17 PM

well I hope thats the way to fix it! my entire bottom-right area isnt working, so i cannot select "OK" or go to my settings wich is very frustrating.

I will try the thin film layer trick as well as cleaning the touch screen conector..

will get back with pics and maybe a proof video if all works well!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Im opening up my P3 now.
Hope this works!

Old 03-02-2011, 10:42 AM

Opened it up with not much problem. Cleaned the inside of the LCD screen with a small, non-abrasive spectacles cloth. Closed it up.

No effect on the dead zones.

The dead zones seem to have spread a little more! or maybe im just paranoid

But yeah, they are definitely spreading. i fear its just a matter of time before i dish out cash for a new screen.

Btw, for those who are gonna attempt cleaning, i just have to say, it is really clean in there. There isnt anything visible to clean, so i was just wiping at the crystal clear glass.

*Also, if you are following the dissasembly guide here in ABI, dont remove the PCB, printed circuit board. coz it has a connection on the bottom that is very difficult to put back.

I may try again, maybe with some alcohol or something, but maybe later, when im more desperate.

PS: if your P3 doesnt turn on after you put everything back, try taking a pin and pressing the reset button.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:06 AM

I finally got my self been disturbed by such of the same issue, the right top panel screen of my P3 became unresponsive several days ago. thx for the tips given, I'll disassemble my P3 soon..

Old 04-29-2011, 01:54 AM

Yes, same with me..... band acros the middle of the screen is not responding to touch. I have had an on-going battle with the retailer and may be on the verge of a refund..... Then I need to decide with what to replace it. Any suggestions? I have to say that I was delighted with my P3 until this happened.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallyfam View Post
Yes, same with me..... band acros the middle of the screen is not responding to touch. I have had an on-going battle with the retailer and may be on the verge of a refund..... Then I need to decide with what to replace it. Any suggestions? I have to say that I was delighted with my P3 until this happened.
Cowon S9 or J3 are good replacements.

Yea, the screen on my P3 is almost completely unresponsive, just some areas in the middle work. I'm stuck using my Zen most of the time since I really don't have the cash to get a Cowon yet. Although my Zen has gone missing recently... Weird how things always seem to disappear when i actually need them.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:01 PM

90% of my screen is gone. im wondering wether to replace the screen. if i do, i guess i get less than 1 year of use time before it dies again.
Is there anyone out there that has actually fixed this problem?

Old 05-19-2011, 01:38 PM

Just took my player apart and cleaned the connectors, the dead spots did actually shrink. I might try again later and clean it more.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:43 PM

For those who have had success cleaning their screens and seeing an increase in 'usable' screen area, can you clarify just what you cleaned and where?

I've taken my player apart (player has only one line of the screen working now...) and cleaned all of the front screen inside. Is there anything I should be looking to clean inparticular?

Tags
broken, died, line, screen, unresponsive