android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2010, 04:13 PM

Default Sleek Audio W1 Wireless on Panasonic RP-HJE900's

My initial impressions of the Sleek Audio W1 Wireless system used on the Panasonic RP-HJE900 aren't all that flattering...

First off and not by any fault of Sleek Audio I noticed that the Sleek Audio connectors are about 1/16" shorter than the Panasonic connectors. Secondly, instantly when I turned the device on I could hear static coming across the line. I turned on some music in hopes that the static would disappear and so it seemed at first. Adjusting the volume levels on my iPod Touch revealed the static again, at about half volume or higher I don't notice the static a little below half volume is when the static becomes noticeable. This might be quite a large problem for many people wanting to listen to music at lower volumes. The static can also be heard at higher volumes if the particular song you are listening to gets quite. The slightly shorter plug might have something to do with the static but honestly I do not believe so. Also it seems (although not positive) like the audio is a little quieter at the same volume levels using the W1 then when the Panasonics are plugged directly into the source. Charge time is roughly 2-3 hours and produces 10 hours of playback.

The W1 Wireless system isn't all bad though. Leaving the iPod in the bedroom and walking to the living room ~40ft. away I don't notice any degradation in the audio quality then when i'm only 2ft. away. Even with the static present the sound reproduction is actually quite good. The W1 also allows you to connect up to 4 receivers off of a single transmitter so that you and 3 others can all enjoy the same music at up to 70ft. away.

If you don't mind a little static at lower volumes and want the freedom of going wireless with your Panasonic RP-HJE900 or Sleek Audio earphones at the cost of $120 look no further.

Sorry about the not so great photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SleekW1.JPG (88.6 KB, 51 views)

Stereo: KEF iQ90's, KEF iQ60c, KEF iQ30's, 10" Velodyne

Last edited by Spk282; 10-30-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]