android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon S9 > Cowon S9 UCI (Skins/Themes)

Old 10-29-2010, 11:41 AM

Default NEW Flow Browser [S9/J3 browser replacement] by El Maco

From El Maco:
Here's my browser UCI alternative for Cowon S9 (and J3). This is likely my last S9-related project since I'm quite satisfied with the result... Let's call it Flow Browser for now unless someone can think of a better name

The purpose of this browser is to allow visual browsing of the music library, exclusively. Any other kind of content will not be available, one must use the regular text-based browser for all the rest. To be able to access the regular browser, the dictionary functionality will be lost.

Here's the basic view:

Here's a
demonstrating the usage (credits & thanks to da1writer!).

The requirement familiar from my previous music UCI still applies: you will have to build the browser every time you add new content to the device (or when you remove something). This is because the UCI needs to contain all the image data from your music collection to allow better graphic performance. Constantly synchronizing the browser can come across as inconvenience -- only you can judge for yourself if its worth the additional trouble or not.

MakeBrowser is a small Windows application that does (most of) the synchronizing work for you. The usual limitations still apply:
  • Operation is strictly folder-based, no tag information is supported. If your music collection is not properly organized in subfolders you will need to organize it first - one way or the other
  • Each folder must contain a cover.jpg which will be used as the artwork
  • Folder structure is limited in depth; X:/Music/1/2/*.mp3 is supported but X:/Music/1/2/3/*.mp3 is not (too deep)
  • If you can browse the albums but some of them are non-selectable there is probably something wrong with the folder names
Installation
  • Create an empty folder anywhere on your computer (if you have used Flow music UI* you can share the location)
  • Extract MakeBrowser.exe and resource2.uci in there
  • Download swfmill.exe from swfmill.org and put that in the same place
  • Connect your device & backup all data just in case
  • Rename your current browser_total.swf (X:/System/Flash UI) as powerdicrun.swf.
  • Yes, the above means that you just lost the dictionary! I had to override some system component for the traditional browser shortcut and I chose that one. If you don't want to override the dictionary you will lose the ability to browse your files the usual way (until you remove this album browser of course).
  • Run MakeBrowser.exe and pick the drive letter of your device
  • You can choose to ignore any missing artwork or provide the missing images while building the library (albums without artwork won't show up in the browser at all)
  • You can combine this browser with music UCI of choice
  • One last thing that I cannot stress enough: using a high-FPS launcher.swf (e.g. the one from the Klaus browser package**) makes a big difference in performance! For the optimal performance I also recommend disabling system wallpaper in the settings.
Un-installation
  • Manually delete or replace browser_total.swf from X:/System/Flash UI
  • Manually delete X:/AACache.1 (entire folder; replace X with the correct drive letter ofc)
Usage
  • Swipe right to enter the regular browser
  • Swipe left to enter the music screen
  • Tap an album to select it. Tap outside the album to cancel the selection, or, inside the album to view track list
  • To send a particular album to the browser or music screen, swipe horizontally when the album is selected
  • Hold finger anywhere on the screen for a second to activate search (normal browsing mode only)
  • In search mode, tap outside the keyboard to accept the search result and/or return to normal browsing
  • You can search with alphabetic characters only. If there are blanks or non-alphabetical characters in the name simply leave them out
  • Currently, search will only match from the beginning of the artist name. Album title search might be added later
J3 support
  • Should work, but only the internal memory is supported. SD card contents cannot be browsed!
Unicode support
  • Albums with two levels deep folder structure may not be selectable (X:/Music/Artist/Album), otherwise should work
Disclaimer
As always, you use these programs on your own risk. I claim no responsibility for any data loss or any other kind of unfortunate event that might occur.

*) Compatibility with Flow
Due to an issue that I have not been able to resolve, this browser cannot be used at the same time with Flow. I recommend Dark Evolution music UI - its really good.

**) I use Klaus Browser "1.52 Lite" which works great with this UI.

Version history & download

Version history & download

Version 1.00
  • First release
Version 1.01
  • Moved album titles up one step for more logical layout
  • MakeBrowser created library with wrong alphabetical order in some cases; should work better now
Version 1.02
  • Added shuffle play option in track list viewer
  • Increased maximum number of albums
Version 1.03P
  • This version is intended for improved compatibility with Kizune's Aero Music UI.
  • MakeBrowser will create coverflow.swf instead of browser_total.swf
  • To access this browser, install Aero Music and its appropriate helper plugin
  • No need to rename the normal browser to powerdicrun anymore

Side Note: The video above was recorded with Claws launcher, the 40 fps or 120 fps of Klaus launcher makes things 1000% faster/smoother !

Last edited by da1writer; 01-12-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-29-2010, 04:33 PM

What song was in the backgroud of that video?? It was epic!!

Old 10-29-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !"$%^&*( View Post
What song was in the backgroud of that video?? It was epic!!
You see the band, album, and song in the video if you pause it !

But... here it is for ya though.
Artist: Sonata Arctica
Album: Silence
Song: Revontulet (instrumental)

Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM

Oh yeah, didn't think of that

Old 11-20-2010, 07:35 PM

Very Original Menu.
I appreciate your efforts you did for us.

Thank you

Old 11-30-2010, 06:38 AM

New update, version 101! Link has been updated!
Changelog:
Moved the label texts up by one step; now albums look more like folders as requested by some

Old 12-28-2010, 05:03 PM

New update 102! Be sure to try it out with the new shuffle mode!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:10 PM

New Update 103P! This update is ONLY for Kizune's new music UI Aero Music and in such is used as a plugin (reason for the 103P in the new revision title) instead of a browser replacement. For those still using this browser for other music ui's besides Kizune's UI, your latest/last update is 102, no need to bother updating to 103P as it's again meant for Kizune's UI ONLY.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:04 PM

I have a quick question, if it is ok to ask on this thread.

I have installed Crossflow onto my 32gb J3 (along with the excellent Aero music) tonight and absolutely love it.

I read before installing the my files needed to be structured as X:/Music/1/2/*.mp3 (in my case G/music/artist/album/*.mp3) as any deeper than that they would not work.

When building my database I got the error message warning me of this as I expected, as I was keen to see what Crossflow looked like before restructuring my files. However some of my files that were reported as 'too deep' (G:/music/Pink Floyd/The Wall/Cd1/*.mp3 for example) are appearing on the crossflow with the album art and tracks listed when tapping on the album art. This is not the case for all of the albums that reported the error, only some of them.

Is there any reason for this and if so can I make my other albums with a X:/music/1/2/3/*.mp3 structure show up on the crossflow, or will I have to adapt my music folders to suit?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeder View Post
However some of my files that were reported as 'too deep' (G:/music/Pink Floyd/The Wall/Cd1/*.mp3 for example) are appearing on the crossflow with the album art and tracks listed when tapping on the album art.
As far as I remember MakeBrowser doesn't actually warn you if the folder structure is too deep. I highly doubt that any instance of a structure like the one quoted above can work. The browser UI needs to stay in sync with the folder structure and it just can't handle nested subfolders. Nothing can be done about that. (I bet you know it by now but if you really want it to work you need to re-organize like this: G:/music/Pink Floyd/The Wall (CD1)/*.mp3)

Old 01-13-2011, 07:07 PM

Thanks for getting back to me.

By warn you, I mean on the folders that were too deep, it told me that it couldn't find any album art and would I like search google (I think) for some?

I thought that I would have to re-organise like that, just threw me that it actually worked on about 6 albums that were too deep and received 'the warning', hence my question.

I'll just have to get around to re-arranging the affected albums.

Thanks very much for your response and for providing such as awesome bit of kit!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 AM

I tried to install this stuff but i'm stuck when i have to rename browser_total.swf

i can't find this file...

Old 03-06-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risbo View Post
I tried to install this stuff but i'm stuck when i have to rename browser_total.swf

i can't find this file...
You don't have that file if you haven't installed a custom browser. Which version of Flow browser did you get? The latest one, 1.03P, does not require renaming anymore. But you must have Aero Music with the helper plugin installed. If you don't use Aero you need to pick the version 1.02. You can try that without installing/renaming anything else to see if you like it, but be warned that you need to replace the dictionary with some other (custom) browser (Klaus etc) if you want to keep the ability to browse non-music files. I hope I dind't make it sound too complicated as it should be pretty simple, really

Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 AM

I have no dictionnary since i'm from france, i've installed this
http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38373
(and it works lol)
but when i follow this "how to" http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpo...&postcount=130

I didn't manage to get the flow working, the part with MakeBrowser.exe just run fine
so i guess i mess something with the "plugin installation"

"Rename the file 'browser_total.swf' (which is el maco's cover flow) to 'coverflow.swf'", i don't find the browser_total.swf either... It seems the file is already named "coverflow.swf"

in the part where i have to add <plugin file="filename.swf" /> what's the "filename"?

because cowerflow_helper.sfw is already in the plugin.xml and when i add choice_dlg.sfw he simply recreate a plugin.xml when i boot up my Cowon S9

Thanks for the help, following everything in my non native langage is not easy ^^

PS: I use the 1.03P

Last edited by Risbo; 03-06-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:21 AM

you can only use 1.03p with Kizunes aero music, otherwise use 1.02
IF you have it, the plugin bit should look like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<plugins>
<plugin file="coverflow_helper.swf" />
</plugins>

Last edited by !"$%^&*(; 03-06-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:33 AM

Now the coverflow works (Version 1.02)

But is it normal that everysong is reprensented in it?

No way to get something like Artiste/albums/songs than a list of 500 songs OO?

Thanks for the help everybody :-/

Old 03-06-2011, 07:37 AM

They should all be in the correct album. If they are not it is probably because your folder structure is not correct. Your folder structure needs to be like this: E:\Music\Artist\Album.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:39 AM

Ho i get it, this is a "infinite scrool"

Thanks =)

Old 03-06-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risbo View Post
Ho i get it, this is a "infinite scrool"
Yes, it should give you a graphical list of your albums alphabetically sorted by artist's name. The list wraps around from both ends so it is "infinite" in that sense. You can do alphabetical search by holding finger on the screen for a second and then using the on-screen keyboard. Also make sure to update your launcher.swf as instructed and disable the system wallpaper if you want the best performance...

Old 03-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Performance is good, i have only 2 minors issue lefts

When i scroll left in the flow i go to a weird menu with corean letters (i guess) any way to remove that?

And when i tried to do and alphabetical search when i'm on a group of 2 letters ex [AB] i touche the screen 2 time fast and i can only get the A :-/, am i doing it wrong?

(last but no least lol, how to do "enter" after typing some letters?)

Tags
el maco, flow browser