android
Old 10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Samsung Moderator

Default Firmware 3.07 for R1

EDIT: Like any official firmware, the 3.07 version is NOT safe.
I only recommend to install modded firmware 4.00 http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=65568

Hi everybody,
A good news, here is a new firmware for the R1, released according to some of my requests.

Download Firmware 3.07

Official Improvements:
- System Stabilization
- Apply multi language translation for ''Brightness'' menu in Video playback screen

The color of the video stripes (I requested black instead of the current ugly green) has not been changed yet but I still hope it will be fixed in a next firmware.

How to upgrade firmware: Download the firmware, extract the archive, put the R1.ROM file at the root of your player (the root is where all main folders are: music, video, system, pictures etc...), disconnect the player. Turn it on, it will automatically upgrade the firmware. You can check the firmware version in settings>system>about.

Last edited by lebellium; 03-04-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Super=)

Old 10-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Samsung Moderator

I don't know if I'm dreaming but I have the impression the interface is a bit laggy/slower than in fw 3.06
Does someone confirm that?

Old 10-29-2010, 05:31 AM

In my opinion the 3.07 works fine !

Old 11-03-2010, 12:45 PM

If samsung will release a new firmware I think should be improved the search function for music: today I searched a song with the world "taa" in the title and i get two results: "vuorien taa" (right) and "freak out" (that is clearly a wrong result, not even in the other tags of this song appears the word "taa"); then I searched the albums with "away" in the title, 3 results: "A way away" (ok) "Over the hills and far away" (ok) and "Mangio troppa cioccolata" (wrong, but when I clicked on it it tells me "No songs inside" or something like that, like it knew somehow that was a wrong result).

Old 11-04-2010, 06:38 AM

I never got any problems with my search results (FW 3.04). Maybe your problem results from an old playlist or something like that?

The only "problem" is the "Recovering Firmware"-bug. I think it was mentioned before by some people. It happens very seldom, but it's a little bit annoying... Maybe you (lebellium) can mention it in your next requests

Old 11-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Samsung Moderator

I don't think they will release another firmware unless a serious issue is found.
A bug in the search function is not enough.

The "recovering firmware" issue may depend on the bootloader rather than the firmware itself.
Regarding the library update bug, they will ask me the customers files if I report the bug. This kind of bug is very very hard to reproduce and to find the root cause is even harder. We saw it with the R0. Several months have been needed to fix (partly) the library update bug.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:31 PM

Well... perhaps this one is serious enough?

I have practically every UCI outwhere on my R1. I wanted to change the UCI, but did the flipping to fast, so I got the message "not enough memory". And since then no UCI made with SDK 3 and several made with SDK 2 don't work anymore (just black).

I already got that issue once but fixed it by installing 3.04 first, then 3.06 and random resets. -.- But this time that didn't help. :/

If you ask me, that is a major defunct.

--------------------------------
come to think of it: what about fixing the "settings reset after flash" thingy? I mean it can't be hard to temporarly save the setup somewhere and copy it back to where it belongs. (I'm also developing some opensource software, so they can't tell me that it's not possible ... unless they did a big architectual mess).
---------------------------------

Perhaps you can kick their asses

Old 11-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by setialpha View Post
Well... perhaps this one is serious enough?

I have practically every UCI outwhere on my R1. I wanted to change the UCI, but did the flipping to fast, so I got the message "not enough memory". And since then no UCI made with SDK 3 and several made with SDK 2 don't work anymore (just black).

I already got that issue once but fixed it by installing 3.04 first, then 3.06 and random resets. -.- But this time that didn't help. :/

If you ask me, that is a major defunct.
Yeah I had this issue too. There is the same issue with the Mozaic search in video mode: the thumbnails do not display sometimes, everything is black.
This is due to the lack of internal (RAM?) memory and also probably of the main chipset performance. They cannot fix it without affecting the overall performances of the R1 (side effects)

Quote:
--------------------------------
come to think of it: what about fixing the "settings reset after flash" thingy? I mean it can't be hard to temporarly save the setup somewhere and copy it back to where it belongs. (I'm also developing some opensource software, so they can't tell me that it's not possible ... unless they did a big architectual mess).
---------------------------------

Perhaps you can kick their asses
This is not considered as an issue by Samsung.
And I can tell you they did a "big architectual mess" for the R0 and the R1. As a result there are many issues in the firmwares and some of them cannot even be fixed with the current development platform (poor tags support etc).

Old 11-10-2010, 12:55 PM

Those guys haha.

How did you fix or workaround the memory issue?

Old 12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||dav1de|| View Post
If samsung will release a new firmware I think should be improved the search function for music: today I searched a song with the world "taa" in the title and i get two results: "vuorien taa" (right) and "freak out" (that is clearly a wrong result, not even in the other tags of this song appears the word "taa"); then I searched the albums with "away" in the title, 3 results: "A way away" (ok) "Over the hills and far away" (ok) and "Mangio troppa cioccolata" (wrong, but when I clicked on it it tells me "No songs inside" or something like that, like it knew somehow that was a wrong result).
With your files:
-Same problem as you with "away" album search, it displays "Mangio troppa cioccolata" for unknown reason
-No problem with "taa" song search, it doesn't display "freak out" on my R1 fw 3.07.
Please check that and if you find out another wrong search result with these files please tell me, the more examples I have the easiest for Samsung it is to fix the bug I guess.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:37 PM

I already tried again before sending you the files and I get again the problem with "taa", maybe are involved files that I didn't send you...I'll try to understand...

Old 12-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||dav1de|| View Post
I already tried again before sending you the files and I get again the problem with "taa", maybe are involved files that I didn't send you...I'll try to understand...
I changed the language "Menu" and "Indice" into Italiano but still no issue with "taa".
So that's probably linked to your other files but why the hell it is whereas I have both songs "vuorien taa" and "freak out" on my R1?!!
It's beyond my comprehension capacities...

Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 PM

Now I'll try with only the files I send you, if there are no problem with "taa", I'll try to add the other song of the same album of "freak out", if no problem again I'll try with all the songs of the same artist, if again no problem...I have no idea...

Old 12-05-2010, 02:43 PM

I still get freak out when I search taa, even if in my R1 there are only the files that you ave and even if I tried many times to delete all the music file, disconnect the r1 from the pc, do a manual library update, copy the file on the R1, do a manual update, and then I still have the same results! I'm using chinese region code.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Samsung Moderator

Maybe there is a difference between the CN and EU region code? Would be incredible but I'll check that... lol

Old 12-05-2010, 02:48 PM

Or the problem is related to other files (video, text, flash, etc...) or the region code is the only possibility...

Old 12-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Samsung Moderator

Changing region code did not change anything so I really don't know how that occurs.
But anyway I'll report the bug with "away"

Old 12-05-2010, 03:28 PM

It's strange! I really don't understand why it doesn't happen to you...

Old 12-05-2010, 03:32 PM

At me it happens also with .ogg files! I've got "freak out" and "vuorieen taa" both in mp3 and ogg, if I search taa, i found twice "vuorien taa" and twice "freak out"!!!!

Tags
3.07, firmware, r1, yepp, yp-r1