android
Old 02-10-2011, 10:08 AM

only the ones contained in mach-mx37 (and if time is available the ones in mx51 but not necessary for now).

So which include files in mx37. So we know later which include files we need to adjust/edit/copy.

Also in kernel_mx51 and kernel_mx37 zip files there is a file asm_offsets.c compare both of them and list include files for both them. This is the file that always fails to compile. We will need to adjust the include files for this file aswell.

AND THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
EDIT: if it is possible, a "os" switching could be like this. If there is a file name in the root of the system, the player boots the normal os (or android) and if there's not boot the other os. The modified os should create or delete this file based on user decision. To switch between os it would be possible also because the original firmware is capable to delete files!
In conclusion, if R0Normal.OS (example) is present, boot original and if the user deletes this file, it boots Android and with android there will be the possibility to recreate this file.
Hah I just read this! That actually is an awesome idea we'll see when we get there wheter this is possible or not.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
Hah I just read this! That actually is an awesome idea we'll see when we get there wheter this is possible or not.
Thanks

When I've got some time I'll do it of course!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:56 AM

Here is the first build of sysdata.bin repacking tool: http://nsoft.ucoz.ru/products/firmwa...reRepacker.zip
At the moment it can only unpack files.
sysdata.bin can be downloaded here: http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/pu0jrbtgq
The next build is coming soon, it will add new features and fix some known interface bugs.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1105 View Post
Here is the first build of sysdata.bin repacking tool: http://nsoft.ucoz.ru/products/firmwa...reRepacker.zip
At the moment it can only unpack files.
sysdata.bin can be downloaded here: http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/pu0jrbtgq
The next build is coming soon, it will add new features and fix some known interface bugs.
Very good!! Tested and works well...the content is very interesting.
I suggest you to:
- release source code (at least for the parser part, packer.exe) and/or documentation about the format. It's just to keep this project open
- Add drag&drop function

Do you want my log? Actually, I can say that everything went ok

Old 02-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Here are the includes for the asm-offsets.c (they're the same!, But in mx51 there's also an assembler source with the same name *.s)

#include <linux/sched.h>
#include <linux/mm.h>
#include <asm/mach/arch.h>
#include <asm/thread_info.h>
#include <asm/memory.h>
#include <asm/procinfo.h>

And here the quick'n'dirty python script to retrive includes (too lazy? )

Code:
# Little and dirty script to help slade for the YP-R0 rockbox / Android port
# by Memory

import os,sys

p = sys.path[1]
includes = []

for x in os.listdir(p):
    n = "%s\\%s"%(p,x)
    f = open(n,"rb")
    t = f.read()
    f.close()
    t = t.splitlines()
    for l in t:
        if l.find("#include")!=-1 and (not l in includes):
            includes.append(l)
f = open(p+"\\out.txt","wb")
for l in includes:
    f.write(l)
    f.write("\r\n")
f.close()
Attached both mx37 and 51 includes!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt out.txt (2.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: txt out51.txt (1.5 KB, 3 views)

Old 02-16-2011, 06:09 AM

i can't download from http://mib07.kilu.de/R0_v122ModifiedFirmware.zip, can you send other link???

Old 02-16-2011, 12:52 PM

I think you should wait a bit till he finishes his exams (188th of this month...) because this modded firmware is old...

Old 02-19-2011, 06:14 AM

Hi all!
In the meantime, I'm writting a python script to extract sounds from default.aui in the audio folder. The format is easy to understand too!

EDIT: the script is now ready to extract everything. It can be used as a lib!
Now a method to repack...

Last edited by Lorenz092; 02-19-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 AM

Default Second version of sysdata.bin packer tool

http://nsoft.ucoz.ru/products/firmwa...reRepacker.zip - the link is updated, now the second version is avaliable for download, this version can pack files into sysdata.bin. Only english characters must be used in the path to file and to folder. The source is coming soon.
As i understand default.aui contains navigation sounds?
Another problem that most of resource files(animation and probably some images) are sotored in .qmq format, which description is avaliable here: http://quramsoft.com/solution_e/qmage.asp
Qmg is actually a big problem, because samsung uses this format not only in daps, but also in smartphone and after a quick search i havent found a tool which will work with this format.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
http://nsoft.ucoz.ru/products/firmwa...reRepacker.zip - the link is updated, now the second version is avaliable for download, this version can pack files into sysdata.bin. Only english characters must be used in the path to file and to folder. The source is coming soon.
As i understand default.aui contains navigation sounds?
Another problem that most of resource files(animation and probably some images) are sotored in .qmq format, which description is avaliable here: http://quramsoft.com/solution_e/qmage.asp
Qmg is actually a big problem, because samsung uses this format not only in daps, but also in smartphone and after a quick search i havent found a tool which will work with this format.
Good news! I'll try it soon...
default.aui contains every sound yes...I post them and in some hours I'll post also the scripts.
Qmg is a propertary format but I found some adresses (only heder in a forum and they're true) like resolution.

Some addings:

some filenames has some strange null byte..I think it could be stripped! But I'm going to investigate...
Attached Files
File Type: zip default_aui.zip (151.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Lorenz092; 02-19-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:27 AM

And where are these wful startup & shutdown sounds stored?

Old 02-19-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbi View Post
And where are these wful startup & shutdown sounds stored?
Hehe I don't know why but they're out of this package...simply in the auidata folder! They are normal wav files
Don't worry..they can be replaced with some other sounds

Now for the repack of aui:

it works well but I'm missing something. Why should be null bytes in some file names? Ok it is easy: NUL means null byte and during repacking they are replaced by \x00 byte. But there are also the destination and source paths that cointain some other unsense chars. Now I create a text file to be more precise

EDIT: hahah reading the log file, I reached the conclusion that these unsense char could be a bug of the Samsung's "compiler". In other word, after the NUL string, you can see that there's the part of the previous file in the list!!!!

Is anyone able to try the modified sysdata on the device??
Attached Files
File Type: txt aui_log.txt (2.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Lorenz092; 02-19-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:39 AM

Yes. i forgot to say that its be good idea to test sysdata.bin packer, output file has the same file size as an original,but it has different checksumm, theoretically this file should work as it have correct structure, but problems may occur if file must be located in some specific place, so if somebody is brave enough to try upgrade with custom firmware and if someone has enough linux skills to run firmware building script(new sysdata.bin must be linked together with other firmware components) when you are welcome to test it.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Yes. i forgot to say that its be good idea to test sysdata.bin packer, output file has the same file size as an original,but it has different checksumm, theoretically this file should work as it have correct structure, but problems may occur if file must be located in some specific place, so if somebody is brave enough to try upgrade with custom firmware and if someone has enough linux skills to run firmware building script(new sysdata.bin must be linked together with other firmware components) when you are welcome to test it.
For the rom packing linux there shouldn't be any problems...but what if the player will brick? I 'm quite sure that slade can reflash it without problems! We should ask him...In the meanwhile I fix something in the script and I release it so you can read how it works and since the logic is the same as the c++ one, you can integrate a function to (un)pack also aui!!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:52 AM

So...here my programm to extract and create aui files!!!
I don't really know if the modified file works on r0 but there shouldn't be anything wrong...there's also no checksum or so.

The usage is really simple. You should only have a working directory that's easy to manage with a text console. It s easy to put the python script in the same working directory. Remember that extracted files are saved in the same dir of the script.

Here the instructions:

This python programm should work on any platform (of course where python can be installed).
So if you haven't got python, you must download and install it. Do NOT use python 3.0!!! Use a former version like 2.2 or 2.5.

Open a command shell (cmd on windows or konsole in linux) and move to your working directory (where default.aui is), then write on console:

python aui_manager.py [OPTIONS] -i file_input -o file_output
[OPTIONS] can be one or more of these:

-log writes a log in the working directory containing some informations about file_input (aui)
-e extracts files in the current working directory
-c create a new aui package. file_input is one or more file (ex: foo.wav,bar.wav or only foo.wav) and file output the path where to create the file

file_input is default.aui for default
file_output is repacked.aui for default

Version 1.00 beta
Attached Files
File Type: zip aui_manager.zip (3.5 KB, 3 views)

Old 02-19-2011, 01:51 PM

hey guys! upload a new sysdata.bin you want me to flash and I'll do it!
I'll start on the project again

Old 02-20-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
hey guys! upload a new sysdata.bin you want me to flash and I'll do it!
I'll start on the project again
Yeah
So I upload for you a new sysdata with new sounds (I use one sound for everything!)

I'm uploading two sysdata: one is the simple repacking of the original one and the other has a modified default.aui (new menu sounds). At the same time I modified a bit the programm for the extraction/creation. Now you shouldn't write everytime the default file name of the modded files.
If the modding works, my programm will not be anymore a beta and I release a 1.10 version

Last edited by Lorenz092; 02-20-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:14 AM

Here the files for you slade

VariousSysdata.rar

EDIT: you have to tell us how do you restore the device in case of brick....

Old 02-22-2011, 08:03 AM

I was thinking...What are the causes preventing rockbox or android to start? Samsung linux kernel hasn't some drivers? If so, I think we can send them an email to ask explanations...

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0