android
Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Well the voltage is directly gathered from ascoded, and then yes percentage is filtered by rockbox.
At this proposal I add something: to get the maximum charge you MUSN'T remove the cable as soon as you see 100% in rockbox, but you may need more time (I don't know precisely, but it's ranging from ~30 minutes to ~1 hour depending on your specific charger and battery conditions)
After waiting a little you get a real full charge i.e. 100%-99% remains quite long after removing the cable

Ii is always like on a charger max is 99% and suddenly after unplugging it falls down to 97% and very quickly to 96%. I have tried many times to remain battery for longer time on charger, but I will once again. This time it will be really long

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martus0 View Post
Ii is always like on a charger max is 99% and suddenly after unplugging it falls down to 97% and very quickly to 96%. I have tried many times to remain battery for longer time on charger, but I will once again. This time it will be really long
This is exactly the case with my R0. 99% tops. Even after many hours charging. It drops to 9x% just watching the screen before you turn it off.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_treviso View Post
Hello! I can't download the 2.51 modded firmware for samsung yp-r0 from rapidshare because rapidshare shows me the following message: Download permission denied by uploader. How can I download the 2.51 modded firmware? Thanks!
Btw I can't download LR4.6 with the same error, can someone give me other link too then?

Old 01-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Samsung Moderator

I guess rapidshare is now limiting the bandwidth and/or the downloads number per day. That sucks.

That was great for the download stats but I guess we'll have to choose another better hosting service in the future, even if there is no longer stats available

For now, a direct download link for LR 4.6.

edit: direct download link removed. See the FAQ for updated links.

Last edited by lebellium; 01-21-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
I guess rapidshare is now limiting the bandwidth and/or the downloads number per day. That sucks.

That was great for the download stats but I guess we'll have to choose another better hosting service in the future, even if there is no longer stats available

For now, a direct download link for LR 4.6.
Thanks for the link.

About download stats, yeah it looks like this feature is missing from most of the hostings, some people are just suggesting to use short links to dropbox or something and use click count on them as a reference, not sure that it's very good idea though

Btw I've got some error in newer versions of rockbox: it doesn't resume my playlist anymore, just starts from the beginning. With simple folders it works fine. Does anyone else have such behavior?

Last edited by lebellium; 01-21-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: dl link removed

Old 01-16-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
It seems that rapidshare is getting worse and worse...
Direct download link
Thanks for the link!

Last edited by lebellium; 01-21-2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: dl link removed

Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 PM

Ok I've figured out my problem with playlist, mostly failure on my side, but could be kinda confusing for others too.

The problem was that files were written in my playlist without initial slash ('/'), just like "mnt/media0/music/..." and since there was commit in rockbox recently that changed the logic of playback resuming where it compares control sum from filename written in playlist to filename of last played file, and it thinks that path written in my playlist is relative to playlist itself so it makes some weird path like "/mnt/media0/playlist/mnt/media0/music..." and ofc comparison with last played file doesn't work. Actually I think it should check for both relative and full paths to avoid the confusion since without initial slash in playlist everything else works just fine, but for now I just fixed my playlist and happy with it

Old 01-18-2013, 04:06 AM

Default lost connection with pc

hi to all,
I've installed latest lightROM version and after that my device cannot be seen (no mount at all) in pc (arch linux)
modded 2.50 is the previous version that was installed
the only way to see the device is via safe mode

Ι tried to download previous version but rapidshare claims the "Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)"

thanks for your time
jim

Last edited by clickit; 01-18-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickit View Post
hi to all,
I've installed latest lightROM version and after that my device cannot be seen (no mount at all) in pc (arch linux)
modded 2.50 is the previous version that was installed
the only way to see the device is via safe mode
LightROM can only be connected in Safe Mode as all Samsung modules have been removed in this firmware. That was the goal! LightROM is a Rockbox-only firmware. Please read descriptions and documentation before installing a new firmware.

Quote:
Ι tried to download previous version but rapidshare claims the "Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)"

thanks for your time
jim
Please read previous posts before replying here.
> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...postcount=1060

Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
LightROM can only be connected in Safe Mode as all Samsung modules have been removed in this firmware. That was the goal! LightROM is a Rockbox-only firmware. Please read descriptions and documentation before installing a new firmware.

Please read previous posts before replying here.
> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...postcount=1060

muchas gracias

Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 PM

I'm testing an alternative cloud service (box.com). Also in this service there is a limited bandwidth (refreshed monthly) so, please avoid downloading files several times. Thank you.
All LightROMs links will be updated soon, please report any download issues.

Last edited by VanniX; 01-21-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Samsung Moderator

Okay guys,

I just noticed that some days ago rapidshare set all my hosted files as "private" without notifying me. That's why you could no longer download files ("Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)")
I just set them back to "public" so it should work again.
I think that rapidshare also limited the monthly bandwidth now so the new alternative box.com download links may be useful too.

Enjoy

Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Well the voltage is directly gathered from ascoded, and then yes percentage is filtered by rockbox.
At this proposal I add something: to get the maximum charge you MUSN'T remove the cable as soon as you see 100% in rockbox, but you may need more time (I don't know precisely, but it's ranging from ~30 minutes to ~1 hour depending on your specific charger and battery conditions)
After waiting a little you get a real full charge i.e. 100%-99% remains quite long after removing the cable
I did charge my R0 yesterday for more than 5 hours. On the screen was 99% never 100%, after unplugging it suddenly fell down to 98%. I turned my player off and turned it on after half a day. What is strange the indicator showed me that I have 95%, 3% of battery run away during the device was off. How many power take device when is off? These drops are noticeable only when battery is above 95%, a measurement has to be inaccurate in the highest levels. I'm going to keep an eye on this case.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:27 AM

Martus0:
How long does your battery last?
My R0 has that exact behaviour, but batt life is only 9-10 hours. I always wandered this could be related, but I'm not so sure now.
thanks!

Old 01-26-2013, 11:15 AM

@alito something like 15hrs using normal rockbox (flac playback included) I think it can last up to 18hrs during banchmark, but for sure my battery is worn more than little.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 AM

Okay it seems we need to investigate about this more in detail...
For me battery life is good all in all, it can last more than a week used for max 1-2 hours a day.

It is okay that the indicator is not really precise, but if the duration of a complete charge doesn't reach ~25 hours with DEFAULT SETTINGS in rockbox, then for sure either batteries are gone or rockbox is faulty.
The latter is possible
I will run a benchmark asap

Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 AM
Samsung Moderator

Just to let you know that with the latest build (d73c209), the EQ has been improved on all Rockbox targets including R0:

Quote:
- A 10 Band EQ for Rockbox w/ presets adapted from VLC
- frequency stepping at 32, 64, 125, 250, 500 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16K

Old 02-06-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Just to let you know that with the latest build (d73c209), the EQ has been improved on all Rockbox targets including R0:
Nice to know, thanks

There are also some other nice GUI-rework as WIP!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM

Hi all, haven't logged in for a while but see that the battery issue's come up - i had to stop using RB around last August because of the short battery life.

R0 app lasts longer, and is also significantly louder - i use my R0 all day every day so this is important.

Also, i don't know if this problem has accelerated my battery wear, but it now lasts around 7-8 hours on default settings, with either MP3 or radio. I now have to recharge it halfway through my shift, which is annoying.. anyone know if there's replacement batteries available anywhere?

Hmm just had an idea, re-flashing to Samsung ROM to see if that helps.

Oh, one last thing; using the current lightROM and a 32gb SD card, R0 app frequently chokes and crashes while playing, corrupting the data on the card and also RB playlists - another reason why i had to stop using it (my playlists are extremely long and take a long time to put together!).. Hopefully Samsung ROM will fix this too, i'll re=flash now and report back later..

Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 AM

I really need to dig into this problem, although I cannot see it. R0 lasts longer for me in any case, and volume seems fine (don't be afraid of the long dB scale, the maximum i.e. 6 dB should be the same as OF)
For these battery issues I think I need to poke with charger chip and see whether samsung sets it into a different way in the firmware...

For the microSD I really don't know, the only thing I know: linux kernel on our board is buggy, and this is known unfortunately By the way you can't hotswap it for now, I made a patch but none so far has committed it.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0