android
Old 03-29-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Just to be more precise, are you using RockBox? Thanks
I'm using Rockbox with the 32GB card. No notable slowing down of the device. Perfectly integrated into the database. I bought one that cost about 30 including p&p, so not that pricey but not the quickest on the market (I think it's a class 6). I don't know if it has an incidence on the battery life having more memory like that. Well worth buying.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-30-2012, 01:55 PM

I got the following error when I tried to compile rockbox for yp-r0 in 64 bit ubuntu with the 64 bit compiler(mentioned in this thread) installed any Ideas where to get that file

Code:
alsa/asoundlib.h: No such file or directory

Old 03-30-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_c250 View Post
I got the following error when I tried to compile rockbox for yp-r0 in 64 bit ubuntu with the 64 bit compiler(mentioned in this thread) installed any Ideas where to get that file

Code:
alsa/asoundlib.h: No such file or directory
Please don't use that more. Instead, download the entire rockbox source and before creating the build folder and configuring it, please build the new toolchain made by kugel. With that you will be able to compile everything without ANY external file / dependency

More info here: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CrossCompiler

Ah forgot to say, be patient. My computer took something like 50 mins if I remember correctly (core duo...) of course once built, the toolchain is everytime ready to use!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:41 PM

Thanks, I will try that.

If that is the case, Can I use the VM (Ubuntu-11.04) that is downloaded from rockbox

Old 03-30-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I will try that.

If that is the case, Can I use the VM (Ubuntu-11.04) that is downloaded from rockbox
Uhm I don't really know, but I don't know why it shouldn't, but also I don't see this to be necessary. Building the new toolchain makes some dirty just before ending the final linking, but then it doesn't steal too much memory on hdd
Moreover in the VM it is certainly slower, this just a matter of time

Old 03-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Thanks, I will try that.

Yes you can, although it does not include the compiler for the R0, so you will need to check out the source and run the rockboxdev.sh script mentioned in Lorenz092's post above. That will build the compiler.

Quote:
Moreover in the VM it is certainly slower, this just a matter of time
FWIW on modern machines with hardware virtualization support, VB is extremely fast.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:00 PM

Thanks a lot.

I am trying to compile on my linux machine (not VM). I thought VM may have the compiler.

After solving couple of problems with proxy settings, the script downloaded

alsalib, crosstools and ct-ng-config

Then it quit with the following error

Code:
.config.2: line 1: !DOCTYPE No such file or directory

Old 03-31-2012, 06:08 AM

I could build the toolchain on my laptop(VM) with direct internet.

Now I am able to build rockbox for r0.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:27 PM

I have just download the newest build rockbox for our player, but there is no radio. To get it working should I use si4709.ko from this thread? Why isn't it include to build from rockbox website?

Old 04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Samsung Moderator

To get the FM radio, please see here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...&postcount=647

That won't work with the current build from the rockbox website. This is not included yet because the patch has not been reviewed and committed by kugel yet.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:08 PM

Great, radio is working perfectly, only your newest theme samsung-like 1.5 is displayed bad within radio screen.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Samsung Moderator

hum what do you mean by "displayed bad"? Can you take a pic?

Old 04-01-2012, 03:10 PM

http://i.imgur.com/UmKg9.jpg

I'm comparing this one with one from thread with your theme where radio screen is completely different.

And one more strange thing is a lag, something like strange beep sound and about 4 seconds silence when I choose something from library to play. I'm aware of that is an old version. In the newest I havent noticed this bug

Finally 100% battery is shown like 96% in the newest as well. I think is a familiar bug, on rockbox.org is something about this.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Samsung Moderator

Hum ok the FM screen failed to load. Usually it does that for the While Playing Screen but not for FM.

Delete your .rockbox folder and install this one instead (this is a newer version with FM radio)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/rockbox.zip
(don't touch to your current rockbox_loader.sh and si4709.ko files, you still need them)

Then install and try my theme again (with the final v1.50 version, not beta 1, 2 or 3)
If that occurs again, please turn off the R0 and turn it on again.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:47 PM

After following your steps radio screen is themed properly, thank you. However sound lag is still there, do you have the same on this version?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Samsung Moderator

Not sure if I have exactly the same sound issues as you but indeed when I select a song from the database I get a quick annoying noise almost every time.
I tried an experimental version from lorenzo without RFS layer and that fixes the sound issues but causes other issues. Lorenzo is quite busy atm but when he gets more free time we will work further on that to get rid of sound glitches

Last edited by lebellium; 04-01-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 AM

First of all I would like to thank Lorenz092 for his work.

Now the problem. I have some files and folders with national (non english) characters in it's names. If i put such file on internal storage (/mnt/media0/Music), Rockbox file browser shows name of that file correctly. But the same file stored on MicroSD (/mnt/mmc) displays in Rockbox file browser with '?' characters instead of national characters.
The files are played from both storages. Is there a way to correctly display the file names?
P.S.: my host machine runs under Windows.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 AM

I also get a "?" in the file name instead of an apostrophe.

I always get a very long lag before a track starts playing.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post
I also get a "?" in the file name instead of an apostrophe.

I always get a very long lag before a track starts playing.
Thanks you all for the testing
ATM I don't have much time but indeed:

characters problems are due to incorrect mount option I guess. So I need to check that. probably someone "skilled" (just be aware of linux mount command) could do some tests for me

About the lag. I read somewhere that the RFS layer causes some lags also on Samsung's android devices. So it *may* be the real cause. Thus I still need to do some benchmarkings to see some eventual side effects (well, I'm running my modded firmware without RFS since weeks and in the normmal usage the battery life is somewhat longer for me!)
In fact, for us is completely useless. But for some awkward reason without it the original application doesn't show files correctly (Samsung always need to reinvent the wheel every time...). So after seeing if that's worth, we need to think a way to load the module with OF only, leaving rockbox as much free as possible, simply FAT32!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:56 AM

Loren092 thanks for your work and clarification, I belive this RFS layer is responsible for silence before playback as well. I have set starting playback at player startup, but after boot I can see WPS but I have to wait about 2 seconds to hear sound. Morover is there any way to show up catalog .rockbox under rockbox firmware?

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0