android
Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
WAIT! I will release the latest build in a few, also with the fixed flac issue!!!
Do you read the Cathedral and the Bazaar? Especially read the 7th guideline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
@fireandfuel: which rom are you running atm? the first one I shipped?
It's the ROM from the your first release -> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...&postcount=336.

Cool trick to bind /mnt/media0/.rockbox to /.rockbox

PS: WOW I realized that the folder from my rockbox release is only 11.0 MB large instead of 37.4 MB. That's a great size reduce with the new 64bit compiler.

PPS: Changelog?

@Lorenz: Please release your source/assembler code from the firmware with a howto.

Last edited by fireandfuel; 12-14-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandfuel View Post
Do you read the Cathedral and the Bazaar? Especially read the 7th guideline?

It's the ROM from the your first release -> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...&postcount=336.

Cool trick to bind /mnt/media0/.rockbox to /.rockbox

PS: WOW I realized that the folder from my rockbox release is only 11.0 MB large instead of 37.4 MB. That's a great size reduce with the new 64bit compiler.

PPS: Changelog?

@Lorenz: Please release your source/assembler code from the firmware with a howto.
last part of compile fails for me. even though libasound seems to be there.
any ideas?

/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-ypr0-linux-gnueabi/4.4.6/../../../../arm-ypr0-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Old 12-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
last part of compile fails for me. even though libasound seems to be there.
any ideas?

/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-ypr0-linux-gnueabi/4.4.6/../../../../arm-ypr0-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
You need to edit the Makefile.

Add the compiled alsa libs (located in Lorenz's How-to-Build archive - extract them) with the -L[path to alsa lib files] option (it's without whitespace between -L and path ... like -lasound) to the Linker. It's the line with "export LDOPTS". (but don't remove the -lasound option!)

@Lorenz: Map the "..." button to the context menu. It's total nonsense to map this button to show the playlist, because you can reach the playlist from the context menu. Otherwise you loose the whole context menu.

Last edited by fireandfuel; 12-14-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:24 PM

ha stupid me its been so long since i last compiled thanks
got it working now

Old 12-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:

@Lorenz: Map the "..." button to the context menu. It's total nonsense to map this button to show the playlist, because you can reach the playlist from the context menu. Otherwise you loose the whole context menu.
In the latest build r31254 posted by lorenzo in the previous post, the keymapping has been made by the RB expert Kugel. He changed lorenzo's mapping because it did not correspond to the keymapping on other RB targets (of course it did not! I deliberately chose another mapping with Lorenzo because I hate the default official RB keymapping on the other targets like my Sansas )
Now a short press on "..." shows the playlist and a long press on the central button shows the context menu. You don't loose it.

PS: Oh and it's 01:30 in Berlin now. Time to go to bed dudes hehe

Old 12-14-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
In the latest build r31254 posted by lorenzo in the previous post, the keymapping has been made by the RB expert Kugel. He changed lorenzo's mapping because it did not correspond to the keymapping on other RB targets (of course it did not! I deliberately chose another mapping with Lorenzo because I hate the default official RB keymapping on the other targets like my Sansas )
Now a short press on "..." shows the playlist and a long press on the central button shows the context menu. You don't loose it.

PS: Oh and it's 01:30 in Berlin now. Time to go to bed dudes hehe
we certainly need to meet if possible either berlin or leipzig around jan or feb after exams

Old 12-15-2011, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
*facepalm* OMG ... stupid idea.

@slade: A meeting in Berlin sounds good.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
*facepalm* OMG ... stupid idea.

@slade: A meeting in Berlin sounds good.
sounds like a plan

i've build and ran my own compiled rockbox version and must say the progress you guys made so far is awesome.
I'll try to get battery reading working. One thing though isnt the linux kernel also shutting down on low battery? if i remember correctly it was.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
sounds like a plan

i've build and ran my own compiled rockbox version and must say the progress you guys made so far is awesome.
I'll try to get battery reading working. One thing though isnt the linux kernel also shutting down on low battery? if i remember correctly it was.
No it isn't at all. At least not at the voltage choosen by Samsung (around 3.450 V). BUT in the ascodec there is a safety feture for that I guess

The battery reading is done by the ascodec ADC. You can have also a list of them in /sys/devices/platform/afe.0/adc file, just open it with the rockbox text editor hehe. The thing is how implement the already done ascodec powermanagement in a nice way....you should speak also with kugel about this! Indeed is one of the most important things to implement...

EDIT: by the way, slade, we are using the standard samsung kernel. It's just fine without using SDL

EDIT2: @fireandfuel: for the ROM modifications, it's not assembly code at all! Scripts and things like that
Of course I will publish everything (well using rockbox it's easy to find out how the rom starter is working...go to /etc folder!)
moreover, I need to do this for rockbox svn and wiki, so just wait a little hehe

Last edited by Lorenz092; 12-15-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:57 AM

Thank you very much for new release.
Now video works totally perfectly, and even pokemon crystal version on rockboy is working almost without lags.
There is still some big issue with "reversi" game though, it just turns my player off. And also when i tried to run doom there, everything just freezed and when i finally managed to turn player off, all my settings were gone. (it was probably because of turning it off in some "bad" way).
Anyway thanks again for your hard work

Old 12-15-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predelnik View Post
Thank you very much for new release.
Now video works totally perfectly, and even pokemon crystal version on rockboy is working almost without lags.
There is still some big issue with "reversi" game though, it just turns my player off. And also when i tried to run doom there, everything just freezed and when i finally managed to turn player off, all my settings were gone. (it was probably because of turning it off in some "bad" way).
Anyway thanks again for your hard work
Yeah! I know that, there are still some issues, indeed,
But don't worry we will fix them for sure

Anyway, for the settings yes you're right., If the player freezes it's better to wait a little, I've seen this helps in some occasions. That's due to the cache that linux kernel offers...On a player it's not that good having it enabled. There SHOULD be the famous samsung RFS to protect against these problems, but there is never a system check after rockbox!! (shitty rfs again)

Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 PM

Just noticed some issue from the newer build. When i pressing "Playlist Catalogue" or trying to add something to playlists, there is message that "/Playlists" doesn't exist. Is this my problem or some bug?

Old 12-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predelnik View Post
Just noticed some issue from the newer build. When i pressing "Playlist Catalogue" or trying to add something to playlists, there is message that "/Playlists" doesn't exist. Is this my problem or some bug?
Uhm well could be, since /Playlist points to an absolute path.
I should include that too in the cramfs, and make the binding etc...So annoying this thing

EDIT: alternatively, we could add an #IFDEF in the rockbox path manager to handle this...

Last edited by Lorenz092; 12-15-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:14 PM

Anxious as I was with the latest version, I tried to update the previous one by lorenz092, but the new install in my R0 either does nothing, or it loads a limp version of rockbox that says ".rockbox folder not found", and won't load any folder (to play songs, to change themes, etc)

I have used both /rockbox and /.rockbox as main folder for RB, edited the loader with and without the dot, even changed my config files also adding the dot, to no avail.

Are there any instructions that I have missed, or this version is for test purposes only.

(Luckily for my, the old RB & loader work fine when rewriten).

Thanks a lot!

Old 12-15-2011, 04:33 PM

Default ROM

Did you flash your player with the new .ROM file?

Old 12-16-2011, 06:48 AM

Anyone can say which is better for sound quality? original samsung rom with DNSE effects or Rockbox

Old 12-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Samsung Moderator

No, nobody can say that as sound effects is a matter of personal tastes...
I personally think DNSe, SoundAlive, BBE etc don't provide natural sound, I don't need that.

What would make more sense is to compare flat sound between the Samsung app and Rockbox.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovasoa View Post
Did you flash your player with the new .ROM file?
Thanks lavasoa, that did the trick. I thought it was not necessary.
However, I'm rolling back to the previous version: no playlists so far (to be corrected soon, I read). Also, long press on back button does not get you to the main screen, so it's less convenient. (BTW, the color picker keys aren't properly mapped: now you can change colour, either R, G or B, but you cannot change their values [before, you could only change the value in the first]). I'll be accustomed to new key mappings, and I look forward to booting to RB directly (I use no radio, nor videos).
Thanks again, all.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
There is an option for that: this button is the user button, you can set to it some behaviour in the settings

@alito: yes need to check for the colors indeed...To go back to menu, you can use the menu button for now

Old 12-16-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alito View Post
Thanks lavasoa, that did the trick. I thought it was not necessary.
However, I'm rolling back to the previous version: no playlists so far (to be corrected soon, I read). Also, long press on back button does not get you to the main screen, so it's less convenient. (BTW, the color picker keys aren't properly mapped: now you can change colour, either R, G or B, but you cannot change their values [before, you could only change the value in the first]). I'll be accustomed to new key mappings, and I look forward to booting to RB directly (I use no radio, nor videos).
Thanks again, all.
You can still use the playlists if you make them yourself and put it somewhere outside rockbox dir, just through the file browser.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0