android
Old 11-14-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
You shouldn't need to increase plugin memory. Plugins will request memory from the audio buffer if they require more then is available in the plugin buffer.
Okay, thanks for the confirmation

@lovasoa

No specific libs are required to compile an application. Of course you need the arm gcc

Every functionality is described in the specific thread, don't tell me you've never seen it!

raw images can be created with lots of SW, gimp, paint shop, irfan view etc...At the moment I don't remember exactly the settings, but I'm sure they are 24 bpp (so 3 bytes x pixel, maybe BGR order)

Indeed there is no simulator. It's still an unofficial port (I hope after the first patches to be able to merge everything officially)

if you want to test scripts, go to the hacked rom thread a read the last post. I finally revealed it for all the users

Really, your questions aren't bugging me at all! It's cool that someone interests in those things to help me hehe

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM

I still can't manage to open your .raw files in the gimp...

Old 11-14-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovasoa View Post
I still can't manage to open your .raw files in the gimp...
Just tested: you need to:

- open gimp
- Open menu
- select file type -> Raw image data
- show all files
- select the raw
- set 320 x 240
- then once opened invert its colors

Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 PM

Thank you! It worked...

Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 PM

I just tried to create a graphical os picker... without much success. But I also post my script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# ophBoot
# By Ophir LOJKINE

echo "Starting ophBoot..."

rockboxIMG="/mnt/mmc/scripts/ophBoot-rockbox.raw"
r0IMG="/mnt/mmc/scripts/ophBoot-r0.raw"

echo -n "1" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank
echo -n "0" >> /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank
echo -n "1" > /sys/class/graphics/fb2/blank
echo -n "0" >> /sys/class/graphics/fb2/blank

OS="rockbox"

for i in 1 2 3 4 5
do

var=$(dd if=/dev/r0Btn bs=4 count=1)
    # Here a workaround to detect the byte :S
    var2=$(echo -e -n "\x06")
    if [[ "$var" = "$var2" ]]
    then
        if [[ "$OS" = "rockbox" ]]
        then
            OS="r0"
        else
            OS="rockbox"
        fi
    fi

then
        cat $rockboxIMG > "/dev/fb0"
    else
        cat $r0IMG > "/dev/fb0"
    fi

sleep 1
done

then
    /mnt/media0/rockbox_loader.sh > /mnt/media0/Rockbox_log.txt
    reboot
    sync
fi

sync

Old 11-15-2011, 06:26 AM

Code:
/* R0 physical key codes */
#define R0BTN_F4            1  //PowerKey
#define R0BTN_UP            2
#define R0BTN_DOWN          3
#define R0BTN_RIGHT         4
#define R0BTN_LEFT          5
#define R0BTN_CENTRAL       6
#define R0BTN_F3            7  //ContextKey
#define R0BTN_F2            8  //BackKey
#define R0BTN_F1            11 //UserKey
Nice! these are the keycodes to be used, I don't have time to poke around with this script (better to spend it in rb ). I suggest you to create a function that contains a while calling it like "key_daemon &". Then you create another while in the main script that's using the value read from the key_daemon to use the keypad....

Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 AM

I'e been away from the forum for awhile (about 2-3 months), so I have lost track of this project. I know I can just read through the thread, but its kinda confusing as I keep seeing piocs of RB running on the R0 but reading that its not done yet. How far along is the project? Are those just dev builds?

Old 11-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Samsung Moderator

Read from page 17 post #336

And it doesn't exist any valid excuse for being away from the forum for 3 months

Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 AM

Erm... My Audio-Technica CKS50 are not the loudest IEMs here, so with samsung app I used to listen music at 25-30 volume. Now, with RockBox R0's volume is too low, something like 2/3 of normal (as 18-20 in default app). ReplayGain disabled, no RG tags in files, volume control in RB is set to +6 dB, equalizer disabled. Is it normal RockBox behavior? Because in that case RB is useless for me

Sorry for disappointment post, you guys are still doing great work here

Edit. No equalizer/DNSe in default samsung app too.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Read from page 17 post #336

And it doesn't exist any valid excuse for being away from the forum for 3 months
If you knew what was going on in my life right now, you would understand there is. >.<

: Reads:

SWEET!!! I hate to be a pain but how stable is the beta? Also, am I reading right that I can boot into normal firmware?

Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
SWEET!!! I hate to be a pain but how stable is the beta? Also, am I reading right that I can boot into normal firmware?
Yes, you can.

@natrixx: I just increased the maximum volume. I still don't understand why RB devs has done such a control on as codec. With R0 is not suitable probably, the mixer volume must be kept fixed. Anyway I will discuss about this and how to improve the coding...

Old 11-15-2011, 09:17 AM

Thank you

Old 11-15-2011, 09:19 AM

Yes i'm listening it on the maximum on rockbox too, but it doesn't matter too much
It's great that rockbox supports normal m3u playlists and normal last.fm scrobbling, so i'm already using only it, trying to forget about default samsung app )

Old 11-15-2011, 10:08 AM

Hate to be a pain, but I'm running into issues. I've updated to the modded firmware included with rockbox and copied over the sh and extracted rockbox folder, but I cannot boot rockbox. When I turn on the R0 and hold down the center button, it still boots the normal firmware.

I'm not sure if it helps but this is the fire structure of the R0

<Root>
-> *misc. folder (music, playlists, etc)*
->rockbox
->mnt
->media0
->rockbox
->*rockbox files*

Old 11-15-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Hate to be a pain, but I'm running into issues. I've updated to the modded firmware included with rockbox and copied over the sh and extracted rockbox folder, but I cannot boot rockbox. When I turn on the R0 and hold down the center button, it still boots the normal firmware.

I'm not sure if it helps but this is the fire structure of the R0

<Root>
-> *misc. folder (music, playlists, etc)*
->rockbox
->mnt
->media0
->rockbox
->*rockbox files*
This package is confusing a lot of people...I don't know if it's due to my shitty readme or something else...

Anyway you need to move the rockbox files in this directory:
<your drive>/rockbox/*rb files*
NOT
<your drive>/rockbox/mnt/media0/rockbox/*rb files*

Old 11-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
This package is confusing a lot of people...I don't know if it's due to my shitty readme or something else...

Anyway you need to move the rockbox files in this directory:
<your drive>/rockbox/*rb files*
NOT
<your drive>/rockbox/mnt/media0/rockbox/*rb files*

The issue more comes from /rockbox/mnt/media0/rockbox/ is even in the archive. You say to extract the archive and that is the file structure you get. Why not sure zip only the RB files into it?

Is it normal for the R0 to perform "System Checking" after booting into RB?

Old 11-15-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
The issue more comes from /rockbox/mnt/media0/rockbox/ is even in the archive. You say to extract the archive and that is the file structure you get. Why not sure zip only the RB files into it?

Is it normal for the R0 to perform "System Checking" after booting into RB?
you needed to read the readme in the chapter "instructions" ;=)

Anyway, no it's not normal. But it's not strange at all, just boot in the original application, turn off, reset and then start again. After the check you will not be bugged again.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:38 PM

Hi!
New day, new bugs:
  1. Today, I got a "system check" on every boot. I had to boot the original firmware to get rid of it.
  2. The "reversi" plugin makes rockbox crash.
  3. While using the "minesweeper" plugin, I had a strange bug: The screen became black, then white. The audio didn't stop, and I could still use the buttons. I'm not sure if it's a bug in minesweeper or in the display driver...

If I understand well, rockbox uses SDL which itself uses alsa, to handle audio... Is it really optimal? Wouldn't we get rid of the audio glitches by removing the layers between rockbox and the hardware? Are buttons handled by polling /dev/R0Btn ? Is it optimized?

Could you please release the rockbox sources you use (under the form of a patch) ? Can you release a new ROM without the bug you fixed so far, and an updated version of rockbox (I'm very interested in r30990: User shortcuts in the main menu) ?

EDIT: If someone is interested, here are the images I used in my OS picker script : http://ophir.lojkine.free.fr/autres/divers/ . Feel free to comment...

Last edited by lovasoa; 11-15-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovasoa View Post
Hi!
New day, new bugs:
  1. Today, I got a "system check" on every boot. I had to boot the original firmware to get rid of it.
  2. The "reversi" plugin makes rockbox crash.
  3. While using the "minesweeper" plugin, I had a strange bug: The screen became black, then white. The audio didn't stop, and I could still use the buttons. I'm not sure if it's a bug in minesweeper or in the display driver...

If I understand well, rockbox uses SDL which itself uses alsa, to handle audio... Is it really optimal? Wouldn't we get rid of the audio glitches by removing the layers between rockbox and the hardware? Are buttons handled by polling /dev/R0Btn ? Is it optimized?

Could you please release the rockbox sources you use (under the form of a patch) ? Can you release a new ROM without the bug you fixed so far, and an updated version of rockbox (I'm very interested in r30990: User shortcuts in the main menu) ?
Yes, for everything
Tomorrow I will release this patch don't worry

r0btn yes it should be fine in the way I'm doing it, feel free to check once the patch is ready.
I removed SDL for video part. Mgue was working to remove it for the audio part but since he isn't so much interested in this port, help will be appreciated..

Old 11-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Okay! As promised (I should have done this lots before, but anyway...) here the complete tools to build rockbox.
Essentially you need only the libSDL + libpthread. I uploaded also other libs to be sure
+ SDL includes

In the package you will find a tutorial (should be very easy, don't worry ) and necessary files.

Good luck and hope someone will help soon!!
Let me know for any issue, I will post the pure patch also to rockbox flyspray

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/how_to_build.tar.gz

EDIT: woops....about forgettin the patch
you find it as attachment...

EDIT2: I've successfully built last svn, with the shortcut new feature (nice, indeed)...
Attached Files
File Type: zip YPR0_8.diff.zip (34.6 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Lorenz092; 11-16-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0