android
Old 11-11-2011, 02:13 PM

Oh, no I'm working tomorrow so I won't be able to play around with it. So either I'm in for a late night or it'll wait 'til Sunday.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-11-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TORM View Post
Thank you, it's great)

But rockbox does not run. When I hold the button, the screen goes black for a split second, white, and then the player is shut down.

Yes, yes. I did everything like in instructions)
Exactly the same here.
Here is the log:
Code:
 0 [Bigbang        ]: Bigbang - Bigbang
                      Bigbang (AS3543)
Simple mixer control 'Soft Mute',0
  Capabilities: volume volume-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Capture channels: Mono
  Limits: 0 - 1
  Mono: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: volume volume-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Capture channels: Mono
  Limits: 0 - 65535
  Mono: 55705 [85%]
numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Master Mute'
numid=7,iface=MIXER,name='Master Power Switch'
numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Master Volume'
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='PCM PlayBack Switch'
numid=6,iface=MIXER,name='FM Mute'
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Capture FM Switch'
numid=5,iface=MIXER,name='Soft Mute'
numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Master Mute'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw---,values=1,min=0,max=1,step=0
  : values=0
numid=7,iface=MIXER,name='Master Power Switch'
numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Master Volume'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw---,values=1,min=0,max=65535,step=0
  : values=55705
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='PCM PlayBack Switch'
  : values=1
numid=6,iface=MIXER,name='FM Mute'
  : values=1
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Capture FM Switch'
numid=5,iface=MIXER,name='Soft Mute'
as3543-codec registers
 0:   4e
 1:   4e
 2:   19
 3:   59
 4:   c0
 5:   c0
 6:    0
 7:    0
 8:    0
 9:    0
 a:    0
 b:    0
 c:    0
 d:    0
 e:   19
 f:   39
10:    0
11:    0
12:    0
13:    0
14:   60
15:   18
16:   48
17:   b0
18:   78
19:    c
1a:    0
1b:   b1
1c:    f
1d:    f
1e:    f
1f:    0
20:   61
21:   80
22:    0
23:    0
24:    0
25:    0
26:    0
27:    0
28:   23
29:   3a
2a:   65
2b:   ec
2c:   ba
2d:   4e
2e:   33
2f:   2c
30:   20
31:   40
32:   c0
33:   e6
34:    0
35:    0
36:    0
37:    0
38:   a7
39:   b6
3a:   87
3b:    5
3c:    8
3d:   f0
3e:    b
3f:   f9
HW volume set to max
Now starting RockBox...
Enjoy RockBox!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:24 PM

Uhm uhm uhm uhm uhm

I really don't know the problem. I tell lebellium to make some more test, and then perphaps reuploading rockbox zip!
By the way, which program to extract things? Maybe it's seriuously a package problem!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Samsung Moderator

As you made us doubt, I just tried again from fw 1.25 and there is no problem, everything works fine, it's guaranteed.

Please try again using the alternative download link instead and read carefully the instructions. Either the archive from main download link is corrupted (have to check it) or you did something wrong like for instance copying the whole rockbox folder with the subfolders mnt and media0 included or things like that you know.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:00 PM

Salut Lebelium
So what positives you gain with RB on R0?
Better battery and SQ? Can you still use DNSE?
I wonder if R1 has RB...

Old 11-11-2011, 05:16 PM

It didn't work for me either. I was already in ROM 2.20. I put the rockbox_loader.sh and the Rockbox folder at the root of the player (the same as for a firmware update). Turned on then pressed the centre button (fast but not super fast) until the screen went dark and then let go. And I went straight to normal mode. Am I pressing the button not quickly enough or letting go too quickly. Oh and I used the 2nd download. I downloaded the first first but used the second given previous comments.

Je n'arrive pas joindre l'image du dossier alors voici le lien

http://dl.free.fr/jWRpNMF8y

Last edited by Appick; 11-11-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Samsung Moderator

Please install the R0.ROM from the Rockbox archive even though you are already in fw 2.20 modded.

rockbox_loader.sh at the root is OK
For the Rockbox folder please make sure you did not copy the mnt and media0 folders.

Please read CAREFULLY the instructions. I tried it twice as a normal user like you guys (from archive download to rockbox loading) and it works PERFECTLY.

The 1st theme for R0 is available here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=66487

@vegetaleb: It's written in the instructions that optimizations are still missing. As of today the battery life is not better. For the advantages and improvements of rockbox, please read their official website.
You can't use DNSe since it's not the official firmware.
And I don't understand how you can wonder if the R1 is rockboxed. I don't know, just google, read the RB website, read the forums here. If RB was ported to R1 yet, you would probably read that on ABI, don't you think?

Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 PM

Got It. Thanks. So perhaps you should put in the info file "install or reinstall Rom 2.20". Now I've got to try your theme.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
First of all you need to flash the modified rom, based on modded ROM v2.20 (thus containing all the goodies like safe mode and DRK). You can find it in the installation package
Maybe that could be clearer indeed (actually I did not write that, so that's not my fault )
BUT it is not written anywhere firmware 2.20 modded is required. It's just written "based on", that doesn't have the same meaning!

What's problematic and confusing is that Lorenzo did not change the version number of the new ROM. It's still written 2.20 in settings>system>about while it should be 2.21 , 2.30 or whatever.

To sum up:
Whatever you current firmware (1.25, 2.20 modded, 1.07 lol etc), install the R0.ROM from the Rockbox archive.

So now have fun with the player Appick hehe

Old 11-11-2011, 11:33 PM

Just registered here to say thanks.
Rockbox is working just fine. But it seems there is problem that when i just recently turned off player (when original application was turned on), rockbox isn't loading with pressing central button (i tried 5-6 times). And, for example, when i plugged it to my desktop then unplugged, it have started perfectly.

And also i don't see any files in /sys/devices/platform/afe.0/ . Actually it seems, i cannot find even one file in any folders except mounted ones.

But at first glance rockbox rocks, thanks again

Old 11-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Samsung Moderator

You're welcome

-Because of the standbye mode of the R0 application, your R0 has to be fully off to be able to start Rockbox.
If you just used the default R0 application and then want to use Rockbox, you have to reset the player by pressing and holding the power key for 5 seconds. Or using the reset hole.

-Go to settings>General settings>File View>Show files>All

Last edited by lebellium; 11-13-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
You're welcome

-Because of the standbye mode of the R0 application, your R0 has to be fully off to be able to start Rockbox.
If you just used the default R0 application and then want to use Rockbox, you have to reset the player in pressing and holding the power key for 5 seconds. Or using the reset hole.

-Go to settings>General settings>File View>Show files>All
Okay indeed. Thank you lebellium for this user helping
I'm happy now that rb works for you.

...And yes. Rockbox rocks

@lebellium: next rom will have the correct versioning (also in the rom file itself in the header, still 1.23 hihi).

Ah btw, maybe someone of you has already used rockbox on other real devices. If that the case, please tell me if you notice any difference, also if some features are unreachable due to bad keypad mappings. Thanks.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:29 AM

It worked!
I did everything exactly as before.

It's very interesting stuff
I look forward to new versions

U r great)

upd:
Will there be a difference in the work in normal mode (not rockbox) between:
-ROM2.0
-modded ROM2.0 + rockbox

Last edited by 5TORM; 11-12-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TORM View Post
upd:
Will there be a difference in the work in normal mode (not rockbox) between:
-ROM2.0
-modded ROM2.0 + rockbox
If I correctly understood, no there is no main differences between the firmwares. Everything works like normal + rockbox support

Old 11-12-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Maybe that could be clearer indeed (actually I did not write that, so that's not my fault )
BUT it is not written anywhere firmware 2.20 modded is required. It's just written "based on", that doesn't have the same meaning!

What's problematic and confusing is that Lorenzo did not change the version number of the new ROM. It's still written 2.20 in settings>system>about while it should be 2.21 , 2.30 or whatever.

To sum up:
Whatever you current firmware (1.25, 2.20 modded, 1.07 lol etc), install the R0.ROM from the Rockbox archive.

So now have fun with the player Appick hehe
Sorry, that's the problem when you do that sort of thing at one O'clock in the morning you misinterpret things! (It's bugging me I can't do smilies since Firefox went 8 so Big Grin here!!!) It's brill'. Gapeless, merged libraries, picks up from the last point in the last song that you were listening to even after unplugging from the computer! It's great. Do you think that it will be possible to get rid of things on the main page that you don't need or to move up Resume Playback to the first position. I only listen to music. I've got to explore more I've just found that you can start off in the library. If you click on Resume Playback and then the back key you go straight to the files folder. Is it possible to go to the library or even better the album folder containing the song?

Old 11-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Samsung Moderator

-Unfortunately we can't easily change the home menu. That's why you see the same on every rockboxed device I think. Or maybe just because that's a "rule", I don't know.

-I don't think it's possible to do so, at least I don't manage to do it. But what's practical is that you can choose which is the 1st folder in the file browser. Just press the menu button on any folder and select "Start File Browser Here". Then you can directly choose the Music folder and avoid the ugly system and linux folders

PS: Contrary to the R0 application, RB only works with playlists. That means any song you play is sent to an on-the-go playlist along with the other songs in the same list (folder, album, artist, tracks etc).
When you're on the While Playing Screen and press the user button you go directly to the playlist content. Thus if you play an album it's as if you were in the album folder. That's a good workaround if you just need to see the other songs from the same album.

For your information, here is the current keymapping:

WPS:
-up/down: volume
-select: play/pause
-back: back to the previous screen (short press), back to the home menu (long press)
-menu: context menu (short press), shuffle/repeat settings (long press)
-user: playlist (short press),
-power: hold (short press), stop playback (3 seconds long press), power off (5 seconds long press)

In the database or fileviewer:
-user: back to the WPS (long press)

Last edited by lebellium; 11-12-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: keymapping

Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appick View Post
Do you think that it will be possible to get rid of things on the main page that you don't need or to move up Resume Playback to the first position.
You can of course edit the source code to make the menus look like whatever you want. But if you just want it to resume automatically, I recommend just setting the default action on power up to be 'resume playback'. Then there is no need to manually select that option.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:19 PM

I've been playing with it the last few days, it's fantastic, still haven't seen half of it yet, which makes this next question all the more poxy but does anyone know the correct path for Doom wads? I've tried all the suggestions i've found online, searched for the correct path from the program files itself and still no joy - it can never find the base wads? I loved this game back in the day and was looking forward to this feature...

Many thanks..

Old 11-13-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVibrating View Post
I've been playing with it the last few days, it's fantastic, still haven't seen half of it yet, which makes this next question all the more poxy but does anyone know the correct path for Doom wads? I've tried all the suggestions i've found online, searched for the correct path from the program files itself and still no joy - it can never find the base wads? I loved this game back in the day and was looking forward to this feature...

Many thanks..
Actually i am interested in that question too
Also it seems that rockboy is working pretty slow here, is this just because of the weak R0 processor or because rockboy is no good?
And i wanted to ask: video is not working? Because it's not written exactly in the post with a link. For my only video file it plays only audio.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predelnik View Post
Actually i am interested in that question too
Also it seems that rockboy is working pretty slow here, is this just because of the weak R0 processor or because rockboy is no good?
And i wanted to ask: video is not working? Because it's not written exactly in the post with a link. For my only video file it plays only audio.
I tried a .mpg video file and works perfectly.
For rockboy I don't know. Maybe there are (as other parts of RB) lots of optimizations to be enabled (arm asm code).
For doom, yes. I still didn't debug it. There should be a problem somewhere in the plugin or so...

As always thanks for your feedbacks: they are really important.
I hope this afternoon to have some time to work on rockbox too

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0