android
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appick View Post
What would this do ? (sorry I'm not techy). I suppose that what we want is that the micro SD card library be merged with the main library and that when we turn the player back on that it continues from the last song played - be it from the card or the main library (which is not the case with the card.)
Intent is to force the player into a mode compatible with my car. Sacrificing micro-sd for this is a small price - especially that i have 16gig device.

P.S. The change should be reversible anyway...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfirst View Post
Intent is to force the player into a mode compatible with my car. Sacrificing micro-sd for this is a small price - especially that i have 16gig device.

[IDEA] some ini configuration file to enable/disable some features...It's only an idea of course

Well your work will be very useful

Old 04-09-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfirst View Post

Cor, you're lucky. I never understood why in France they didn't sell the 16GB. I tried it in the car but using the aux in with the headphone jack. Quality wasn't brilliant, partly because the cable I've got is not a very good one. I suppose you're going through the USB, are you? I don't have a USB connection in the car and I don't like unplugging my headphones for fear of the jack coming loose (happened once on a K7 Walkman that I had in the '90's!) so I won't be repeating that too soon!

This makes me think - do you take requests?
Is it too early to start saying I want my R0: to be able to display album art with Flacs, have gapless play, have a quicker start up (especially after disconnecting from the computer? Why does it turn off after updating the library?), make coffee ... ? Oh, dam,I've said it!

Old 04-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
if lebellium still has some bricking mp3's i'll be happy to try to write the script in order to check if library does not update and then delete the music.
I may have bricking mp3 files for fw 1.22 but no files for fw 1.23 and 1.24.

Quote:
I never understood why in France they didn't sell the 16GB.
The Product Manager told me that's just because they would not sell enough pieces as it would be too expensive (probably €120-130). At the time I tried to convince her but it did not work

Old 04-12-2011, 05:45 AM

Oh, I have a question, too. Will there be a possibility to open txt-files either with Android or Rockbox? I mean, epub would be nice, but txt is probably easier.
In case this question is terribly stupid, keep in mind that I'm a girl. *tries to look as blonde as possible* () Besides, I haven't had any coffee yet.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 AM

Both Android and Rockbox have text editors. Well, Android of course has more than a dozen full-fledged e-book readers: https://market.android.com/search?q=ebook&so=1&c=apps (I prefer Cool Reader.)

Old 04-13-2011, 02:49 PM

Yay! I really hope this is all going to work.

Time for the weekly cheerleading session yet? YOU'RE GONNA MAKE IT!

Old 04-15-2011, 12:00 PM

Hey! Just to keep this thread fresh...How's going the development? I know (personally) that school keeps busy and this is just a question

Old 04-21-2011, 05:25 AM

As there is nothing serious to discuss: today we can celebrate 1 year since first post,related to the R0 firmware hack here it is

Old 05-11-2011, 11:23 AM

"Is there anybody out there?" - he cheerleads to the bouncy Pink Floyd number. Makes me think the end of the year we'll get the chance to buy (once again) all the albums - and this time 'round with bonuses for some of them! Will I be able be able to listen to them on my new fangled R0 player???
Good luck we're still with you!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 AM

Default Some more ideas...

Quote:
"Is there anybody out there?" - he cheerleads to the bouncy Pink Floyd number. Makes me think the end of the year we'll get the chance to buy (once again) all the albums - and this time 'round with bonuses for some of them! Will I be able be able to listen to them on my new fangled R0 player???
Good luck we're still with you!
While waiting...

I was thinking about the music database. After a firmware update every setting is cleared (I don't know if it is only a single file or some) but it appears that the database is NOT.
Where is it's location?
Better: what memory does the device use to store settings etc?
Can be a hidden folder (not read by usb controller) on the same 16 gb nand?

Maybe I should give a look to the player software searchin some strings (particularly file paths)

Another task is exploring how are the image files stored. We have now only some infos about the qmg format but not too much. Maybe disassembling the proper lib could be a start, also if modifying the graphics is a bit useless on a poor software.

I think that slade is using a tool from freescale productor but i don't find any software of this kind.

Slade should produce a firmware that is able to load script in a fail-safe way, so more users can do some experiments safely (well the best way is to release a formatter tool).

EDIT: I think slade has already found the rc scripts...they contain a lot of interesting informations! I'll write them here:

si470x -> name of the FM radio chip
media1 -> settings are stored in these dirs, but media1 is what?
/mnt/media1/Db
/mnt/media1/Lib
/mnt/media1/Nv
/mnt/media1/Registry
/mnt/media1/dev
/mnt/media1/dev/gadget

media0 -> nand (16 gb??)

EDIT2: finally, I found (maybe) the right software. I'll try to do a dump of the nand (of course NO write operations )
It's name is FSL_atk tool (but i dont want to make too much advisement on this software, it could be potentially dangerous if you dont what you do!)
At the moment i'm trying to put the player in the recovery mode (i know is whit reset and power btn but how )

Last edited by Lorenz092; 05-13-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Hi,

I currently don't have the time to work on such a time-consuming project. Writing code using the ipu library is not that easy without any proper documentation.

@Lorenz092: do you have an account at our project server (http://ypr0.hosting.rrza.de/)? If not, you should register yourself.
We have a wiki where you can find a rather detailed description how to set the player in debug mode.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgue View Post
Hi,

I currently don't have the time to work on such a time-consuming project. Writing code using the ipu library is not that easy without any proper documentation.

@Lorenz092: do you have an account at our project server (http://ypr0.hosting.rrza.de/)? If not, you should register yourself.
We have a wiki where you can find a rather detailed description how to set the player in debug mode.
Uhm no! I run creating it

EDIT: I'm not so expert in programming things but are you writing a wrapper for the ipu lib? Maybe in this way it'll be easier!

Old 05-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Hi mgue...You activated my account and I've just uploaded some content
By the way, I found the sources of the atk tools!! They're a bit old but I think they are very useful to write a nice unbricking tool.
Actually, this is the main reason that development is slow: only you and slade can try new firmware safely...once made this tool more people can participate (and save money -.-)

Old 05-18-2011, 08:24 AM

I'm discovering some addresses on the nand flash and i found some interesting things:
at the beginning of the flash, at 0x10, are stored 3 sizes and md5 checksums! They are the well famous
MBoot : size(337824),checksum(a68d6e6c5d638926e9ac34e982e3 3da6)
Linux : size(2192408),checksum(57fe6634cfe646167d745168ad8 70fb8)
RootFS : size(14872576),checksum(400435ad30616db6065e7545b6 c5179e)
Sysdata : size(40879010),checksum(aba16c827dd18bc954d19c5100 d944ec)

stored in this way:

2192408:57fe6634cfe646167d745168ad870fb8
14872576:400435ad30616db6065e7545b6c5179e
40879010:aba16c827dd18bc954d19c5100d944ec

After an update they're changed.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Well i for one am relieved this 'un went south. Amidst all the excitement i didn't see any mention of the wider implications and in retrospect can't help wondering if we dodged a bullet here - the world just isn't ready for such an awsomely leet PMP.

Did anyone stop to think for a minute how all the world's religions could've been thrown into nihilistic turmoil, or of the philosophical repercussions for our science, technology, indeed the future of our very species being thrown into anarchic disarray as everyone everywhere sat around in a mindless apathetic stupour listening to gapless crossfaded MP3s playback in full YP-r0 sonic splendour, with replay gain enabled, possibly while playing Doom! or Jetset Willy? As ever, such is the folly of man's hubris.

In fact if this project ever restarted i think i'd probably rather shoot myself, family, friends and neighbors than live in a world like that.

Still, gotta admit it would've been cool tho.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Samsung Moderator

I know my English is far from being perfect but usually I understand what native speakers say and write.
However, your post doesn't make any sense to me, I'm sorry :/

Old 07-05-2011, 01:26 PM

I think he's saying that he's happy that the project stopped (or at least seems to be abandoned). It seems that his problem is with rockbox more than the R0. But I really don't understand why...

Anyway is such an useless post, that I think can be considered as spam...

Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 AM

That, I believe, was what we call a "joke". Pretty funny, too. I'm guessing he actually was looking forward to the port.
Either that, or my sense of humor is shot.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Are people following this thread aware of what's going on here?

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0