android
Old 03-16-2011, 02:06 PM

slade: and what is about my favorite sysdata.bin? Are my programs & their editions by Lorenz092 running good and give good results?
(Excuse me if I missed your posts where is this information)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 AM

Mgue and I did some work on the initial SDL port again we got SDL working and sdl test program is starting without errors. but we can't see a picture yet unfortunately.

@Lorenz92
Bootloader loads zImage if you want to boot from SD you will have to open up the entire player and set a different pin set. this is a major pain for the regular user.

@Sekra could you provide me with a edited sysdata.bin and upload please. Thanks!

Old 03-17-2011, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
Mgue and I did some work on the initial SDL port again we got SDL working and sdl test program is starting without errors. but we can't see a picture yet unfortunately.

@Lorenz92
Bootloader loads zImage if you want to boot from SD you will have to open up the entire player and set a different pin set. this is a major pain for the regular user.

@Sekra could you provide me with a edited sysdata.bin and upload please. Thanks!
I'll do the sysdata in few minutes!

EDIT: the original repacked is completely useless to test because using cmp or comp (win32) they've really the same bytes...

The sysdata I uploaded here (SYSDATA_sound_mod_v2.rar) has the sound set modded. In particular I modded the default.aui file with my previous posted python program. Let's see if it really works

Then I'll post another sysdata with the startup/shutdown sound inverted, in case the default.aui is corrupted and doesn't work.

EDIT2: here the sysdata with inverted sounds. SYSDATA_sound_inverted.rar

Last edited by Lorenz092; 03-17-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:00 PM

Hi,
I just bricked my YP-R0 :-(
While trying to get information about YP-R0, I found this page, which is not up to date. So I tried to create a custom firmware on my own (just to be able to run scripts on the device), but I must have made a mistake, and my YP-R0 is now bricked. It stays on the boot screen (the one which displays SAMSUNG in white on a black background).

So, first, I suggest that you update http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SamsungYP, by putting a link to this thread, to prevent other people to flash without having read this thread.

And what do you think I should do now? Send the device to the customer service ? But they will tell me that flashing is forbidden...
I heard (on this forum) about FWDN.exe: does it work on the YP-R0?

---
Sorry for my terrible english. I'm french...

Last edited by lovasoa; 03-18-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: english

Old 03-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Samsung Moderator

Curiosity is dangerous...
FWDN does not work with R0. The R0 recovery tool is not available to the general public, I'm sorry
Call Samsung France, they'll give you the address of the after-sales service center and they'll repair it (don't say you are too curious and not careful, just say you tried to upgrade the firmware for example )

Old 03-19-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Curiosity is dangerous...
FWDN does not work with R0. The R0 recovery tool is not available to the general public, I'm sorry
Call Samsung France, they'll give you the address of the after-sales service center and they'll repair it (don't say you are too curious and not careful, just say you tried to upgrade the firmware for example )
Yes...you should have curiosity but considering every fail...

But to return to android...I've found here a functional rockbox application for android!
http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38715

Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM

I'm punished of my too large curiosity: as I lost the bill, the after-sale service can't repair my YP. So if someone wants a bricked YP-R0...

And I'm currently reading unpacker_v7.c, but I can't understand very well the Russian comments. Is there a version with english comments, or even better, an more complete explanation of the SYSDATA.bin file structure than the one previously posted here?

EDIT: I found what I searched on the previous page of this thread

Last edited by lovasoa; 03-19-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovasoa View Post
I think you found version for linux where all my comments are translated to English. Or you should find it if you are not...
And there is good explanation of sysdata.bin at nsoft's developers' forum.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:49 AM

Quote:
I'm punished of my too large curiosity: as I lost the bill, the after-sale service can't repair my YP. So if someone wants a bricked YP-R0...

And I'm currently reading unpacker_v7.c, but I can't understand very well the Russian comments. Is there a version with english comments, or even better, an more complete explanation of the SYSDATA.bin file structure than the one previously posted here?

Why shouldn't they repair it without bill??? With warranty you say?
If your player is really bricked and none wants to repair it, ask slade how to configure the mx37 processor (I mean phisically) to boot from sd...

Old 03-20-2011, 05:17 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Did you buy it in a physical store? If you bought it on the internet, you should have the bill in your email box or in the website account.
In the first case I may help you if you're ready to pay the entire shipping costs (from you to me and from me to you). But that's a last resort solution as I'm not supposed to do that, that's not my job >PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by lebellium; 03-20-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:33 AM

I bought it in a physical store (la FNAC), and I need to show them the bill to prove that the device is still under warranty…

Is there really a way to make it boot from SD? It would be fantastic! It would allow me not only to repair it this time, but also to test any firmware in the future, as I would always be able to change the firmware!

In last resort, I'll send it to you, Lebellium, and of course I'll pay you.

You are really fantastic, guys! I thought my YP was going to go to trash, and you really make me hope it's gonna boot one day...

Old 03-20-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I bought it in a physical store (la FNAC), and I need to show them the bill to prove that the device is still under warranty…

Is there really a way to make it boot from SD? It would be fantastic! It would allow me not only to repair it this time, but also to test any firmware in the future, as I would always be able to change the firmware!

In last resort, I'll send it to you, Lebellium, and of course I'll pay you.

You are really fantastic, guys! I thought my YP was going to go to trash, and you really make me hope it's gonna boot one day...
The player will boot from sd only if something is HARDWARE modified..I don't know what to modify ì, maybe a jumper or similar. I think is not so easy...

Old 03-20-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
The player will boot from sd only if something is HARDWARE modified..I don't know what to modify ì, maybe a jumper or similar. I think is not so easy...
Yes, I know this won't be easy... But if it's the only way to have my player's screen printing something else than "SAMSUNG"...

Old 03-20-2011, 02:22 PM

boot from sd huh? this is gonna be really hard. but look at the redboot.pdf i attached its for an imx37 board. there is several switches you need to set.
i am really busy this week but i'll try to get help you. also there is the atk tool from freescale you will need an 32 bit windows and a special cable kind of like the 301kohm dongle for samsung galaxy. but instead of a dongle you'll need to build a whole cable yourself. and then you'll need a fuses table if you want to be able to access nand. you can pm me for help.

Redboot MX37 PDF

Last edited by slade; 03-20-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:19 PM

and the time has come to show something really cool

I hope you like it no button mapping yet but its running inbetween old firmware and SDL as an APP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00006.jpg (27.7 KB, 77 views)

Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Samsung Moderator

Yeah!! We'll be still more impatient now!

(looks like your camera doesn't have autofocus )

Old 03-20-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
boot from sd huh? this is gonna be really hard. but look at the redboot.pdf i attached its for an imx37 board. there is several switches you need to set.
Redboot MX37 PDF
As you say, it seems really difficult... Even more difficult than what I expected! I failed at creating a custom firmware: I don't think I'll be able to make my own cable to connect to the player...
And congratulation for your awesome work on the SDL port!

Lebellium, I think I will need your help. I'll send you a pm in French.

Last edited by lovasoa; 03-20-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Thanks

Old 03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
I failed at creating a custom firmware: I don't think I'll be able to make my own cable to connect to the player...
lol sounds coherent

Quote:
Lebellium, I think I will need your help. I'll send you a pm in French.
Maybe I'm a British man living in Paris who doesn't understand French, who knows

Old 03-20-2011, 05:19 PM

short update,
battery read out works now. still failing the button mapping though
edit: got the rockbox librariers to work still no button maps though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00010.jpg (34.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00012.jpg (52.0 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by slade; 03-21-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:05 AM

Weekly chearleading here!!! Looking good!!! (I think)

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0