android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2010, 09:02 AM

Default Maximo iMetal 590: Very Impressive

So for $50, I took the plunge after reading plenty of good reviews for these, and their sound quality is clearly top notch--I am still surprised at how good these sound for $50, as they easily compare to $100 IEM's I have owned in the past, maybe they surpass them.

But there is one big problem here: I cannot get a comfortable fit with ANY of the included tips, and this is really disappointing to me because I feel like I am not getting the most out of these. What constantly happens is that after an hour of going through and trying out all the sizes, I had to use the smallest one for my right ear and the medium for my left ear, at least this seemed to offer the best fit. But every 2-3 minutes I found myself constantly having to push them back into my ears, allowing me to hear how awesome the bass is on these, and then slowly, the bass fades, then I have to push them back in again. It is very aggravating. Believe me, I have tried everything, over the ear, twisting them, different angles, to no avail. Has anybody used these with Comply tips? I have Comply tips for a number of my IEM's, which generally work great, so anybody recommend getting these--I currently own pairs of the TX-100, and the iMetal's require TX-200, according to Complyfoam.com, so I would need to buy a new set.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]