android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Software & Media > Media

Old 10-24-2010, 05:21 PM

Default Folder.jpg miniatures in a DAP and Flac artwork Windows integration ?

Hello !

Ok I have two silly questions :
1) Would it be possible to have miniatures of the browser displayed in a DAP just like Windows, using Folder.jpg ? Just like the "matrix browser" of the J3 (it displays a mosaic of the album art of every song) but within the real browser.

2) Is it possible to see the embedded cover on Flac files using windows like this :

If you ever got a DAP that has this functionnality, I'd like to know, it is theorically possible isn't it ? So why isn't there any DAP with that ?

Thank you for your help

Last edited by WalkGood; 10-24-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-25-2010, 02:37 PM

My Sony DAP (an NWZ-818) has the ability to display album art in the album browser in a manner similar to the way you show in item #1. When I browse the albums on my player, I can set it to show the albums in one the following ways:

- A list of album names
- Five albums with a cover art thumbnail followed by the album's name.
- Just the cover art (as thumbnail) in a 4 X 4 arrangement, with the selected album's name at the bottom of the screen.

I hope this helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 10-25-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMP3PlayerFan View Post
My Sony DAP (an NWZ-818) has the ability to display album art in the album browser in a manner similar to the way you show in item #1. When I browse the albums on my player, I can set it to show the albums in one the following ways:

- A list of album names
- Five albums with a cover art thumbnail followed by the album's name.
- Just the cover art (as thumbnail) in a 4 X 4 arrangement, with the selected album's name at the bottom of the screen.

I hope this helps.
Seems to be that, thank you , you've fullfilled my curiosity . I wish that would exist on the J3 . Or the V5W too , I don't own it but I guess with that big AMOLED 16M colors (and 800*xxx) screen it must be way cool. Maybe I should try writing to Cowon for that feature we don't ever know :P.
I'll wait for the next firmware to be released first !

Old 10-30-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thib View Post
Seems to be that, thank you , you've fullfilled my curiosity . I wish that would exist on the J3 . Or the V5W too , I don't own it but I guess with that big AMOLED 16M colors (and 800*xxx) screen it must be way cool. Maybe I should try writing to Cowon for that feature we don't ever know :P.
I'll wait for the next firmware to be released first !
Due to the small size of my screen (about 2 inches diagonal), I normally display only the album names. One disadvantage of searching for albums by just the album art on my player is that I can only scroll through the albums as one group, without shortcuts. To get to an album in the middle of my collection I have scroll through the albums until I get to it.

When I display my albums by the other two methods I can jump directly from one letter to another by moving the cursor right or left. As an example, if I'm in the "A" albums, I can move directly to the the first "B" album just by moving the cursor once to the right.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 10-31-2010, 11:37 AM

I emailed Cowon and gave them two recommendations :

1) Improve video compatibility : full h.264 compatibility, .mp4 and a bit of .mkv support (knowing that mkv is a container that can hold about every audio and video codec...). I'd personnally like .vob support . If I could put a video using h.264 lossless + Flac audio in an mkv container that would be perfect .

2) As many people won't embed covers within the audio file but rather put a Folder.jpg in each album the thumbnails system does not seem that useless to me .

I also told them I hope the playlist problem will be solved with the next firmware release... If I'm not mistaken we should be able to put .m3u files that links both external and internal storage.